Here, you will find 75 suffering quotes and quotes about suffering in life that will comfort you in your suffering. Suffering and pain is just part of life as we live in a fallen world. May these 75 suffering quotes help you see suffering as a reason why you want to be a better person.
75 Quotes About Suffering.
1. Suffering is just part of the package as we live in a fallen world. Trialsandtests.
2. It’s he who has endured the hardships of life that see its value. Trialsandtests.
3. Sometimes, we wrongly blame the devil for our own self-inflicted sufferings. Trialsandtests.
4. He who hasn’t suffered hasn’t lived yet. Trialsandtests.
5. Bad things happen to all people and not to good people only. Trialsandtests.
6. No one is exempted from suffering regardless of social or educational status. Trialsandtests.
7. God allows suffering in our lives so that we can learn to appreciate His goodness. Trialsandtests.
8. God’s goodness is fully glorified in our afflictions. Trialsandtests.
9. You just have to long suffer for everything worthwhile in life. It’s how it goes. Trialsandtests.
10. We can only value what we have obtained through hardships. Trialsandtests.
11. He who fears he shall suffer already suffers what he fears. Michel de Montaigne.
12. We are healed of suffering only by experiencing it to the full. Marcel Proust.
13. Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight. Albert Schweitzer.
14. How can one be well when one suffers morally? Leo Tolstoy.
15. We do not suffer by accident. Jane Austen.
16. What makes us suffer is our thoughts. Tony Robbins.
17. If pain doesn’t lead to humility, you have wasted your suffering. Katerina Stoykova Klemer.
18. Until you have suffered much in your heart, you cannot learn humility. Elder Thaddeus.
19. I want to suffer so that I may love. Fyodor Dostoevsky.
20. In this world, you will have tribulations but be of good cheer as I have overcome. Jesus.
21. God does not love those who have not suffered. Croatian Proverb.
22. When the head does not work, the legs suffer. Romanian Proverb.
23. Pain is inevitable suffering is optional. African Proverb.
24. Suffering is a teacher. African Proverb.
25. When you are rich you suffer in a more comfortable way. French Proverb.
26. He, who fears to suffer, suffers from fear. Traditional Proverb
27. I can sympathize with everything, except suffering. Oscar Wilde.
28. Suffering is a gift. In it, is hidden mercy. Rumi.
29. The wound is the place where the light enters. Rumi.
30. O seeker, pain and suffering make one aware of God. Rumi.
31. The cure of pain is in the pain. Rumi.
32. These pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them. Rumi.
33. What hurts you, blesses you. Rumi.
34. Pin is inevitable, suffering is optional. Buddha.
35. Suffering is not holding you, you are holding suffering. Buddha.
36. Remembering a wrong is like carrying a burden on the mind. Buddha.
37. Let the past make you better, not bitter. Buddha.
38. Yea and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 2 Timothy 3:12.
39. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed. 2 Corinthians 4:8a.
40. But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. 1 Peter 3:14a.
41. Sometimes, God allows afflictions to chastise us of our wrongs. Samuel Zulu.
42. The life of man is of a few days that are marred with trouble. Samuel Zulu.
43. As long as you are born of a woman, suffering is just part of the package. Samuel Zulu.
44. Sometimes, we suffer unnecessarily due to our self-destructive thoughts. Samuel Zulu.
45. Life is full of hardships but that must not be the reason you give up. Samuel Zulu.
46. Giving up in life due to hardships just worsens your situation and not improve it. Samuel Zulu.
47. Your life will even be much harder if you want it the easy way. Samuel Zulu.
48. In life, you are either a victor or a victim. Samuel Zulu.
49. We can’t escape the predicaments of this world as we live in a fallen world. Samuel Zulu.
50. With God’s grace, your adversities can be turned into advantages. Samuel Zulu.
51. The suffering of those in Hell Fire is even much worse than on earth. Samuel Zulu.
52. It was long since I had longed for anything and the effect on me was horrible. Samuel Beckett.
53. Fire tests gold, suffering tests brave men. Seneca.
54. Each of us has his own rhythm of suffering. Roland Barthes.
55. To become a spectator of one’s own life is to escape the suffering of life. Oscar Wilde.
56. Suffering is part and parcel of extensive intelligence and a feeling heart. Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
57. As long as one suffers one lives. Graham Greene.
58. He who will not economize will have to agonize. Confucius.
59. God loves to help him who strives to help himself. Aeschylus.
60. The reward of suffering is experience. Aeschylus.
61. There is no pain so great as the memory of joy in present grief. Aeschylus.
62. Wisdom comes through suffering. Aeschylus.
63. Learning is not child’s play: we cannot learn without pain. Aristotle.
64. Suffering teaches joy. Sonia Rumzi.
65. He who causes others pain must not complain when karma metes its justice. Trialsandtests.
66. God’s goodness can only be fully appreciated through hardships. Trialsandtests.
67. Our present afflictions are preparing us for our future glory of no comparison. Trialsandtests.
68. It’s the one who has suffered much that knows what real joy tastes like. Trialsandtests.
69. What you are going through now is what will make you smile later. Trialsandtests.
70. Endure all afflictions if you want your life to be rewarding in the end. Trialsandtests.
71. If life went the way you wanted all the time, you wouldn’t see any value in it. Trialsandtests.
72. Suffering for something or someone you love is indeed a blessing. Trialsandtests.
73. If you love someone so dearly, you will suffer with that person and not bolt. Trialsandtests.
74. Those who suffer with you are your true friends. Trialsandtests.
75. No created being has ever suffered the way job did. So you are without excuse. Trialsandtests.
Hope these 75 suffering quotes will give you some comfort if you are suffering in some way. Remember you are not alone. Take care and don’t give up yet.
Sharing is caring.