The importance of self-respect in one’s life can’t be stressed enough and the 63 self-respect quotes below will highlight more on that.
In order to love yourself, you must learn to respect yourself. Sadly, most people struggle with this issue of self-respect due to low self-esteem on their part.
In such a situation, reading a few inspiring quotes about self-respect can go a long way in helping you establish healthy boundaries for yourself.
Without self-respect, you will allow yourself to be treated like dirt and other people’s negative opinions of you will be more important than your own.
With that said, here are the 63 self-respect quotes you will ever need to help you start valuing and respecting yourself even better than before.
63 Quotes About Self Respect.
1. Comparison to others is the worst form of self-disrespect you can do to yourself. Trialsandtests.
2. To respect others, you must first learn to respect yourself by behaving in a mature. Trialsandtests.
3. People who don’t respect themselves won’t respect you either. Trialsandtests.
4. The more you care for yourself, the more self-respect you will have for yourself. Trialsandtests.
5. People who live their own lives without comparison are the ones who get respected most by all. Trialsandtests.
6. Compare yourself to no one because no one can be you and that’s your greatest power. Trialsandtests.
7. Stop dishonouring yourself by comparing yourself with others as we are all on different lanes. Trialsandtests.
8. Self-respect means walking away from situations that no longer help you grow without any drama. Trialsandtests.
9. If you value yourself, you won’t let anyone belittle you or make a fool out of you for no reason. Trialsandtests.
10. Spare your dignity by walking away from people who just want to cause drama in your life. Trialsandtests.
11. When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you. Lao Tzu.
12. The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself. Michel de Montaigne.
13. Respect yourself and others will respect you. Confucius.
14. If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete. Jack Kornfield.
15. They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them. Mahatma Gandhi.
16. I cannot compromise my respect for your love. You can keep your love; I will keep my respect. Amit Kalantri.
17. Hide yourself in God, so when a man wants to find you he will have to go there first. Shannon L. Alder.
18. Respect is like a mirror. The more you show it to other people, then it will reflect back to you. Buddha.
19. Standing alone is better than standing with people who don’t value you. Buddha.
20. Follow the three R’s: respect for self, respect for others and responsibility for your actions. Buddha.
21. Treat others with respect. How you treat others will be how they treat you. Buddha.
22. You get to decide how you want to be treated by others. Samuel Zulu.
23. You can always say no to being disrespected. It’s all in your power. Samuel Zulu.
24. No one has the power to disrespect you by treating you like trash unless you allow them. Samuel Zulu.
25. No everyone deserves your space. Surround yourself only with people who respect you for being you. Samuel Zulu.
26. If the people you hang around with treat you like a second class person, it’s time to evaluate your company. Samuel Zulu.
27. Have no time for drama. It shows how mature you are and how much you value yourself. Samuel Zulu.
28. He who values himself will have no time for childish drama with anyone. Samuel Zulu.
29. Some things are just not worth your time and energy. Samuel Zulu.
30. Have no time for people who only want to see you fail in life or make you feel bad about yourself. Samuel Zulu.
31. Self-respect means accepting the responsibilities for your actions and not playing the blame game. Samuel Zulu.
32. Be tolerant of others but not at the expense of your dignity. Samuel Zulu.
33. Be accepting to all but up to a point and don’t go overboard. Samuel Zulu.
34. The more you care about yourself, the more will start respecting yourself. Samuel Zulu.
35. Never be in a toxic relationship for the sake of love as true love doesn’t hurt or degrade you. Samuel Zulu.
36. Better being alone than spending the rest of your life with someone who will never see your worth. Samuel Zulu.
37. If you decide to share your life with someone, make sure that person respects you for who you are. Samuel Zulu.
38. Lack of self-esteem is one of the major reason people justify being in relationships which are detrimental to them in the long term. Samuel Zulu.
39. If there is no respect, that’s not true love and such toxic love must be avoided at all costs. Samuel Zulu.
40. You don’t need to be good enough for everyone only to the people who will see your worth. Samuel Zulu.
41. For it is in your power to retire into yourself whenever you choose. Marcus Aurelius.
42. Deeply respecting yourself is the first step toward having a deep respect for others. Amy Leigh Mercree.
43. If You believe in yourself you can reach everything you want. Kees Broos.
44. The body is innocent. Deeply, beautifully, fundamentally innocent. Rachel Hartman.
45. You will get love and respect from others when you stop craving it. Shunya.
46. Some things are not meant for giving away. Donna Goddard.
47. When they can no longer use your craft they call you a witch. Sabrina Newby.
48. Self-Respect and wisdom are the only symbols of human beings. Periyar E.V. Ramasamy.
49. If you are the best, then act as you like, no matter what the world thinks of you. Vikrant Bhingardive.
50. Ego is false confidence: self-respect is true confidence. Naval Ravikant.
51. Relationships should be chosen, not settled for. Chidera Eggerue.
52. You are not a drop in the ocean: you are the entire drop in the ocean. Rumi.
53. Do not try to explain. They will understand you as much as they see and hear. Rumi.
54. It is not what you are called but what you answer to. African Proverb.
55. A man who pays respect to the great paves the way for his greatness. African Proverb.
56. If you and a fool have an argument, he succeeds. African Proverb.
57. If love and friendship make you unhappy, try solitude. Michael Bassey Johnson.
58. The best gift you can give to others is your presence. The best gift you can give to yourself is perseverance. Maxime Lagace.
59. A tree doesn’t have to be straight to be loved. Neither do you. Maxime Lagace.
60. When you learn to close your eyes, wait and listen, silence reveals a beautiful thing: yourself. Maxime Lagace.
61. When you’re an original it may take time for people to catch on. So keep at it and don’t question yourself. Lorin Morgan-Richards.
62. Don’t let loving someone be the reason you allow them to hurt you. R.H. Sin.
63. Your integrity, your dignity, your honour; they aren’t for sale. Not ever. Not to anyone. James Patterson.
Hope these 63 self-respect quotes will be more than enough for you to start respecting yourself better than before. Peace.
Sharing is caring.