Below is a list of 45 materialism quotes and materialistic quotes to remind you that life isn’t about collecting stuff that won’t even escort you to the grave. We live in a world of materialism where sadly most people have made their lives about making money and acquiring stuff. If you are living such a lifestyle, I hope the 45 materialism quotes below will help you change your outlook on life before it’s too late to do so as you won’t take anything with you by the way when you die.
45. Quotes On Materialism.
1. Life is more than just acquiring stuff that won’t even matter when you die. Samuel Zulu.
2. He who lives for his stuff will never live a meaningful life he will proudly look back on when all is said and done. Samuel Zulu.
3. Sadly, materialism instead of true love has become a benchmark most people choose to be or stay in a relationship with someone. Samuel Zulu.
4. A materialistic life is never a meaningful life as real happiness isn’t found by collecting stuff. Samuel Zulu.
5. If the stuff you have in your life own you instead of you owning them, then, you are in big trouble. Samuel Zulu.
6. Don’t base your life based on stuff because one’s life isn’t about what one person has materially. Samuel Zulu.
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
7. Better a happy and fulfilled life with little than a miserable life filled and cluttered with material stuff. Samuel Zulu.
8. You won’t take those fancy cars and things you are clinging on to like super glue. So, don’t stress about them. Samuel Zulu.
9. Sadly, for most, life has now become the completion of trying to own more than what their next neighbour has. Samuel Zulu.
10. Materialism is what has brought about living up to the Jones where now everyone is trying to own more stuff than their neighbour. Samuel Zulu.
11. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don’t need. Chuck Palahniuk.
12. If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace. John Lennon.
13. It is the preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that prevents us from living freely and nobly. Bertrand Russell.
14. The Master said, “If your conduct is determined solely by considerations of profit you will arouse great resentment. Confucius.
15. Why ask for your daily bread when you own the bakery? Randy Alcorn.
16. The one single use of things which we call our own is that they might be his who hath need of them. Thomas Hughes.
17. A materialistic world will not be won to Christ by a materialistic church. David Platt.
18. Rich men use most of their money to get richer. Poor men use most of their money to look richer. Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
19. I’d much rather buy an experience than something I can possess in the material world. Ashly Lorenzana.
20. Materialism is the philosophy of the subject who forgets to take account of himself. Schopenhauer.
21. If materialistic knowledge is the power it is not wisdom. It is but a blind force. Mary Baker Eddy.
22. Materialism is toxic to happiness and we are losing our connection to the natural world. James Gustav Speth.
23. It’s not what you have on the outside that glitters in the light, it’s what you have on the inside that shines in the dark. Anthony Liccione.
24. It is good to stay in peaceful poverty than to stay in a painful wealth. Michael Bassey Johnson.
25. Most women have low standards. All they strive for is a highly paid man. Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
26. If you are materialistic when it comes to choosing a life partner, all you will end up with is a gold-digger. Samuel Zulu.
27. Let not materialism dictate your lifestyle but let your life be simple and straight to the point. Samuel Zulu.
28. If you are a materialistic person, your life will revolve around acquiring stuff instead of adding value to yourself and others in a meaningful way. Samuel Zulu.
29. The love of money and covetousness is what gives birth to materialism as we know it. Samuel Zulu.
30. In trying to have more than their neighbour is how many people have plunged themselves into huge debt due to unnecessary spending. Samuel Zulu.
31. Your life isn’t about acquiring stuff you won’t even take with your when you die but about the moment to come beyond the grave. Samuel Zulu.
32. To materialists out there, be advised that when you leave this world, none of those things will escort you to your grave. Samuel Zulu.
33. Covetousness is what has made so many people be materialistic today and try to live lifestyles they can’t afford to live. Samuel Zulu.
34. It makes no sense to live beyond your means just to please people you don’t even like. Samuel Zulu.
35. Where the love of money and covetousness is, materialism is never absent. Samuel Zulu.
36. Remember, you can still be wealthy and frugal at the same time without looking poor. Samuel Zulu.
37. The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance. The wise grows it under his feet. James Oppenheim.
38. Happiness is never found in materialistic things: it exists in things that can never be physically possessed. Ellen J. Barrier.
39. We are all materialistic: there are just different levels of materialism. Some aspire to a fancy car. others only wish to go to bed at night with a full stomach. DJ Jouett.
40. Civilians who volunteer generally wish to escape, not to share, privatizations worse than their own. Barbara W. Tuchman.
41. The moment you are wrapped up in the world, you become blind to the things wrapped in the mysteries. Michael Bassey Johnson.
42. Materialistic perception of life makes us spiritually shortsighted. Sunday Adelaja.
43. The underprivileged are a byproduct of society’s material progress. Pawan Mishra.
44. In a materialistic society, the dead body of a rich man’s dog is regarded as a corpse; that of a poor man, a carcass. Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
45. Hoarding is both unnecessary and an affront to God, who is perfectly capable of providing abundantly for those who trust in him. Richard B. Hays.
Did you enjoy the above 45 materialism quotes? And which of them completely resonated with you? kindly let me know in the comments below. Take care.
Sharing is caring.