A list of 93 marriage proverbs and marriage sayings to help you have a strong marriage. Here are 93 proverbs about marriage and sayings about marriage to spark your love life with your significant other. May the 93 marriage proverbs below help you have a sweet marriage.
93 Proverbs About Marriage.
1. He who sacks his wife because she eats a lot will end up marrying a cannibal. African Proverb
2. When one is in love, a cliff becomes a meadow. Ethiopian Proverb.
3. The most dangerous thing a man needs is a woman. Somali Proverb.
4. Children are eyesores; marriage is like an encounter on a ferry. Chinese Proverb.
5. Husband and wife are like birds in the woods, when trouble comes, they flee separately. Chinese Proverb.
6. Self has no place in marriage. Trialsandtests.
7. A wise man is disciplined when it comes to women but foolish men carelessly spill their seed all over different women. Trialsandtests.
8. Deacon in the church but a dragon at home. Trialsandtests.
9. Wise wives never cheat on their husbands by accepting another man’s seed other than their husband’s. Trialsandtests.
10. He that isn’t willing to deny self must not marry. Trialsandtests.
11. Virtuous in the church but a deadly virus at home. Trialsandtests.
12. Cheap wives have many lovers beside their husbands. Trialsandtests.
14. One who loves you, warns you. Baganda Proverb.
15. If money where to be found up in the trees, most people would be married to monkeys. African Proverb.
16. A married couple is neither enemies nor friends. Somali Proverb.
17. One who marries for sex alone will have bad days and good nights. African Proverb.
18. All married women are not wives. Japanese Proverb.
19. Never marry a woman who has bigger feet than you. African Proverb.
20 Age and marriage tame the best. Haitian Proverb.
21. A disciplined man drinks water from his own cistern and is faithful to his wife. Trialsandtests.
22. Marriage is only for emotionally mature people and not for immature boys and girls. Trialsandtests.
23. The soup the husband doesn’t eat; the wife doesn’t make. Yoruba Proverb.
24. The husband’s death is the bane of a woman. Yoruba Proverb.
25. He who marries a beautiful wife and he who plants corn by the roadside all have the same problem, insecurity. African Proverb.
26. Better the devil you know than the angel you don’t know. African Proverb.
27. Marriage is like groundnut: you have to crack it to see what’s inside. African Proverb.
28. Love has its own language but marriage falls back on the local dialect. Russian Proverb.
29. Marriage never creates problems. It merely reveals them. Trialsandtests.
30. Hold your hand and be together with you until we’re old. Chinese Proverb.
31. A good wife and health are a man’s best wealth. Chinese Proverb.
32. Each family has its own difficult scripture. Chinese Proverb.
33. A family in harmony will prosper in everything. Chinese Proverb.
34. A husband with a good wife will never be on the road without supplies. African Proverb.
35. Marriage has teeth and it bites hard. Jamaican Proverb.
36. A good wife is easy to find, but suitable in-laws are rare. Madagascan Proverb.
37. No married woman will have her white hair shaved at her mother’s. Kikuyu Proverb.
38. The buttocks are like a married couple though there is constant friction between them; they will still love and live together. African Proverb.
39. In marriage, wife and husband are simply two different faces on the same coin. Trialsandtests.
40. A marriage without physical intimacy is like well-cooked relish without salt. Trialsandtests.
41. No woman is available free; even if she has epilepsy, she costs money. Yoruba Proverb.
42. Give a woman the love she needs and she will never close her heart to you. Trialsandtests.
43. You can’t marry a Lion and a cow. Doing so will just bring problems. Trialsandtests.
44. Deacon in the church but a dragon at home. Trialsandtests.
45. A wise wife will never nag her husband unless something is seriously wrong. Trialsandtests.
46. Wise wives build homes but foolish wives destroy their own homes with the careless uses of their tongue. Trialsandtests.
47. With a good wife, the husband won’t get in trouble; a bad wife is worse than a dog. Chinese Proverb.
48. If a woman is not jealous, her soup cannot be tasty. Yoruba Proverb.
49. A man who fails to care for his family isn’t a man at all. Trialsandtests.
50. A man who loves his wife dearly will never deposit his seed into another woman except hers. Trialsandtests.
51. He married a Jezebel. Trialsandtests.
52. she married a dragon. Trialsandtests.
53. Marriage is as beautiful as a rose flower but with thorns. Trialsandtests.
54. He entered someone else’s house. Trialsandtests.
55. A man blinded by the external beauty of a woman is indeed a foolish man. Trialsandtests.
56. He planted his seeds on someone else’s garden. Trialsandtests.
57. She has been deflowered. Trialsandtests.
58. She has been discovered. Trialsandtests.
59. He who married for the sake of beauty and not character asks for trouble. Trialsandtests.
60. A man who loves and cherishes his wife with all his heart is a man indeed. Trialsandtests.
61. All that men need from a woman is respect and not external beauty which fadeth away like grass. Trialsandtests.
62. Marriage is like an ocean with calm days and turbulent days. Trialsandtests.
63. A chaste woman is like a protected house surrounded by a fence. Trialsandtests.
64. A dove can’t marry a crow. Trialsandtests.
65. All girls can be women but not all women are wife materials. Trialsandtests.
66. He stole someone else’s waters. Trialsandtests.
67. Just as poop attracts flies, cheap women will attract cheap men. Trialsandtests.
68. Who loves, believes. Italian Proverb.
69. Without love and affection, marriage is like an unfinished building without rooftops. Trialsandtests.
70. Most women only have external beauty to offer to their man, period. Trialsandtests.
71. He who is selfish let him not consider marriage. Trialsandtests.
72. A woman who uses sex as a weapon to manipulate his husband is worse than a serpent. Trialsandtests.
73. A woman of virtue is priceless and above silver and gold. Trialsandtests.
74. To marry is one thing but to stay married till death parts you is another. Trialsandtests.
75. He who finds a virtuous woman is a blessed man indeed. Trialsandtests.
76. Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord. Proverbs 18:22.
77. It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house. Proverbs 21:9.
78. House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the Lord. Proverbs 19:14.
79. Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. Proverbs 31:10.
80. A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones. Proverbs 12:4.
81. Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well. Proverbs 5:15.
82. Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1.
83. A second-hand machete does not impress a woman. Yoruba Proverb.
84. He who doesn’t seek the Lord’s counsel in marriage must not complain if he marries a Jezebel. Trialsandtests.
85. She is as tender and gentle as a dove. Trialsandtests.
86. He was caught drinking water on someone else’s well. Trialsandtests.
87. Marriage without love and intimacy is like well-cooked relish without salt. Trialsandtests.
88. A wedding is only for a day but marriage is for a lifetime. Trialsandtests.
89. A wise man won’t forsake his garden and go on someone else’s garden to plant his seed. Trialsandtests.
90. A man who beats his wife is no man at all but a monster. Trialsandtests.
91. Kisses are the language of love. Greek Proverb.
92. Strong love isn’t not soon forgotten. English Proverb.
93. Marry for the sake of love and not a formality. Trialsandtests.
These are all the 93 marriage proverbs and marriage sayings I had to share with you in this post today and I hope you enjoyed them. Share in the comments below which of these proverbs about marriage and love resonated with you. Peace.
Sharing is caring.