Trust once lost through a major betrayal is difficult to get back to its original state as the 51 lost trust quotes below will show you.
Trust is a vital component for any kind of relationship to stand the test of time or last long. Once it’s lost, the relationship dies.
Sadly, most people take trust for granted and unfortunately, to some people your trust is a license for them to misuse you for their own selfish purposes and benefits.
This is why not every person in life is worth your trust as these quotes about lost trust here will remind you.
So, if you have experienced a major betrayal of trust by someone close to you, here are the 51 lost trust quotes to help you settle this delicate matter concerning lost trust.
51 Lost Trust Quotes.
1. Trust once lost after a major betrayal can never be restored to what it once was. Trialsandtests.
2. Betray my trust and be sure that I will never trust you again the way I did before you betrayed me. Trialsandtests.
3. It takes years to build trust but only a single silly betrayal of it to lose it all. Trialsandtests.
4. Once trust is lost in a relationship, then that relationship is officially over and won’t thrive anymore. Trialsandtests.
5. Sometimes, you have to learn to see people for who they are rather than who they pretend to be. Trialsandtests.
6. It’s only those who have been betrayed in some way that truly understands the importance of trust in any kind of relationship. Trialsandtests.
7. Just because someone is trustworthy today does not mean they will be so tomorrow. Trialsandtests.
8. If Satan could fall from grace, it shows that even the seemingly most trustworthy people can screw up too when you least expect it. Trialsandtests.
9. If you stop trusting yourself, then you are finished as nothing will ever be trustworthy in your life. Trialsandtests.
10. It’s easy to lose the trust you have built for years in a second just by a simple careless mistake of deceit. Trialsandtests.
11. Trust is the easiest thing in the world to lose and the hardest thing in the world to get back. R Williams.
12. Trust is hard to gain but it’s even harder to regain once lost. Innocent Mwatsikesimbe.
13. It was a mistake you said but the cruel thing was it felt like the mistake was mine for trusting you. David Levithan.
14. I am not upset that you lied to me. I am upset that from now on, I can’t believe you. Friedrich Nietzsche.
15. Once lost, trust can only be regained if we are as good as our word. Desmond Tutu.
16. I lost my sense of trust, compassion and honesty. I crushed down and became what I consider an emotional mess. Shania Twain.
17. You wagered. You indulge in passion, receive trust, honour in return, and lost. Julie Ann Long.
18. I didn’t lose trust in you. I lost trust in myself. Although you lied I believed in those lies. Namramita Baneyee.
19. She lost trust in everything. Her everything was you. Devika S.
20. In the beginning there was faith that is childish; trust that is vain; and illusion that is dangerous. Elie Wiesel.
21. Never trust a man who teaches about death but had no real experience at all about it. Toba Beta.
22. If you say that you have never lied at all, then you give too much trust in anybody. Toba Beta.
23. You can’t rely on anybody being around for you, because things change. Kirsty Eagar.
24. In those days we did not trust anyone who had not been in the war, but we did not completely trust anyone. Ernest Hemingway.
25. I never trusted anybody at all. I don’t know why it was so hard, I just didn’t. Marianne Faithfull.
26. Sometimes, the most dangerous people were the ones you trusted most. Jennifer Lynn Barnes.
27. You can trust the worlds, but you can’t trust the words. Rizaldyruben.
28. The day you lost my trust is the day you lost me for good. Samuel Zulu.
29. Not everyone is truly loyal to you. Most are only loyal to you based on their own selfish needs and wants. Samuel Zulu.
30. Some people aren’t just worth your trust. Samuel Zulu.
31. To some people your trust means a license to use you for their own selfish purposes and needs. Samuel Zulu.
32. Just because it’s glittering that doesn’t mean it’s gold. Samuel Zulu.
33. There are no refills when it comes to trust. Once it’s gone, getting it back to the way it was is impossible. Samuel Zulu.
34. Betraying some one’s trust is a sure way of making them not trust you ever again. Samuel Zulu.
35. Betray me once and you lose the trust I had in you forever. Samuel Zulu.
36. You need to decide where your loyalty lies. S.P. Jordans.
37. Trust is the foundation of every healthy relationship; make sure not to shake it too many times. Omar Cherif.
38. Funny thing. When I hear the words “trust me”, I get the feeling someone’s pissing in my shoe. Mick Herron.
39. I can’t grow attached to shadows. They’re gone as quickly as they come. Velvetoscar.
40. If you cannot trust people, trust numbers even if they look unbelievable. They never lie. Thomas Vato.
41. Any man who thinks he has it all figured out is a fool and cannot be trusted. A.D. Aliwat.
42. Things change: authors and wizards are not always to be trusted: nobody can explain a dragon. Ursula K.
43. Who misuses trust too often may not trust himself any more. Radapar.
44. Sometimes, what separates the truth from one another is simply a question mark. Nanette L Avery.
45. Trust everyone but do not depend on the trust. Golden Flower.
46. People who don’t keep promises, can’t be trusted. RJ Intindola.
47. How can you trust in something you don’t really know? A.D. Aliwat.
48. When someone shows you their true colours, trust your instincts, and don’t all of a sudden become colourblind. Christine E. Szymanski.
49. I believed in you always until I couldn’t anymore. Malcolm Gladwell.
50. Sometimes, the people you trust are the ones who will hurt you the most. Valenciya Lyons.
51. There’s no such thing as trust at first sight. Frank Sonnenberg.
Hope these 51 lost trust quotes will help you see the value of trust in any kind of relationship and why it must not be taken for granted.
Sharing is caring.