A list of 70 lonely quotes and quotes about loneliness to help you on this matter. Being alone can be depressing at times but even more so if you lack self-love. May the 70 lonely quotes below help you understand why being alone is at times necessary in your self-discovery journey.
70 Quotes About Loneliness
1. Sometimes, being alone is better than being with the wrong person. Trialsandtests.
2. Sometimes, surrounding yourself with the wrong people can be the loneliest thing in this world. Trialsandtests.
3. At times, you need to be alone in order to discover yourself. Trialsandtests.
4. You can only be lonely if you are not in love with yourself. Trialsandtests.
5. Being an introvert is cool especially if you don’t want any drama in your life. Trialsandtests.
6. Most people don’t understand that being with the wrong person is lonelier than being alone. Trialsandtests.
7. It’s people who are in the wrong relationships that are the loneliest. Trialsandtests.
8. Spending time alone doing productive things is 10 times better than wasting it with the wrong people. Trialsandtests.
9. It’s those who don’t love themselves who don’t understand the value of me time. Trialsandtests.
10. Since you came into my life, I have become lonelier than I was alone. Trialsandtests.
11. Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. Arthur C. Clarke.
12. Solitude is fine but you need someone to tell that solitude is fine. Honore de Balzac.
13. Maybe everybody in the whole damn world is scared of each other. John Steinbeck.
14. being alone never felt right. Sometimes it felt good, but it never felt right. Charles Bukowski.
15. The most terrible poverty is loneliness and the feeling of being unloved. Mother Teresa.
16. I will always choose solitude over being in the wrong company, anyway. Samuel Zulu.
17. You need to be alone with your thoughts at times to truly discover yourself. Samuel Zulu.
18. Those who value me-time are never lonely at all. Samuel Zulu.
19. Being a loner is better than blindly following a lost crowd heading into a ditch. Samuel Zulu.
20. Alone you came into this world and alone you will go to the grave. Samuel Zulu.
21. Loneliness isn’t a disease to those who know the value of me time in their self-development journey. Samuel Zulu.
22. Solitude is what gives you the time you desperately need to deeply reflect on your life. Samuel Zulu.
23. He who loves himself will never feel lonely though he’s alone. Samuel Zulu.
24. If one’s different, one’s bound to be lonely. Aldous Huxley.
25. I want to be with those who know secret things or else alone. Rainer Maria Rilke.
26. The only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone. Mitch Albom.
27. It’s weird to feel like you miss someone you’re not even sure you know. David Foster Wallace.
28. May came home with a smooth round stone as small as a world and as large as alone. E.E. Cummings.
29. I was always holding onto people, and they were always leaving. Lili St. Crow.
30. Some nights are made for torture, or reflection, or the savouring of loneliness. Poppy Z.Brite.
31. Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self. May Sarton.
32. The loneliness you feel with another person, the wrong person is the loneliest of all. Deb Caletti.
33. But nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it. Calla Quinn.
34. The real loneliness is living among all these kind people who only ask one to pretend. Edith Wharton.
35. To forget a friend is sad. Not everyone has had a friend. Antoine de Saint.
36. You are never alone. You are eternally connected with everyone. Amit Ray.
37. It is beautiful, it is endless, it is full and yet seems empty. It hurts us. Jackson Pearce.
38. A hunted man sometimes wearies of distrust and longs for friendship. J. R. R. Tolkien.
39. I often stood in front of the mirror alone, wondering how ugly a person could get. Charles Bukowski.
40. When we are most alone is when we embrace another’s loneliness. Mitch Albom.
41. It is a joy to be hidden, and disaster not to be found. D.W. Winnicott.
42. A lonely day is God’s way of saying that he wants to spend some quality time with you. Criss Jami.
43. Spending quality time alone with God is better than wasting it on the wrong people. Trialsandtests.
44. It’s even lonelier if you live together with someone you don’t connect with under the same roof. Trialsandtests.
45. Being an outcast is better than being in the wrong crowd heading into a ditch. Trialsandtests.
46. If you are living a life only you can live, know that you are living a life you were meant to live. Trialsandtests.
47. Loneliness is hard. It’s even harder for those who don’t know the importance of self-acceptance. Trialsandtests.
48. Lack of self-love is the mother of all loneliness as we know it. Trialsandtests.
49. It’s he who hates himself that feels the loneliest in life. Trialsandtests.
50. If you hate yourself you always be lonely in life regardless of who comes into your life. Trialsandtests.
51. A perfect relationship can’t cure the loneliness that comes from within due to lack of self-love. Trialsandtests.
52. If relationships cured loneliness, breakups wouldn’t exist as we know them. Trialsandtests.
53. Marrying a wrong person can be the loneliest thing in this world. Trialsandtests.
54. So, you want to cure loneliness in your life, start loving yourself right now. Trialsandtests.
55. Self-love is the only cure that can cure loneliness which comes from the soul. Trialsandtests.
56. If the Lord is on your side, loneliness will be far from you. Trialsandtests.
57. He who confides in the Lord will never feel alone though he may be alone. Trialsandtests.
58. The palace leads to fame, the market to fortune, and loneliness to wisdom. Chinese Proverb.
59. Loneliness is the nest for thoughts. Kurdish Proverb.
60. The chick loved by God will grow up though motherless. African Proverb.
61. Only he who treads on the fire feels it. Libyan Proverb.
62. Solitude is full of God. Serbian Proverb.
63. In hardship, you know your friends. Japanese Proverb.
64. An intense zeal prevails upon heave. Japanese Proverb.
65. A speaker of truth has no friends. African Proverb.
66. Don’t buy someone else’s problems. Chines Proverb.
67. Loneliness kills the spirit. Jewish Proverb.
68. Strife is better than loneliness. Irish Proverb.
69. If you are choosing between a bad company and loneliness, choose the second option. Spanish Proverb.
70. A soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Native American Proverb.
Hope you enjoyed these 70 lonely quotes and quotes about loneliness and found some inspiration in them. Peace.
Sharing is caring.
- 75 Best Fake People Quotes On Fake People.
- 63 Being Different Quotes To Help You Embrace Your Uniqueness.
- 63 Acceptance Quotes Reminding You Why Self-Acceptance Is Vital.