Toxic relationships can be emotionally draining indeed. The 60 toxic relationship quotes here will help you leave a toxic relationship you may be into.
A toxic relationship starts off as something nice but its true colours are gradually revealed over time as these quotes about toxic relationships will reveal to you.
It’s not your job to change a person in a toxic relationship as that doesn’t work. We are responsible for our own behaviours.
Being in an abusive relationship does nothing but bring unnecessary emotional stress and damage to your self-worth.
May these 60 toxic relationship quotes and leaving a toxic relationship quotes give you the courage to escape from the lion’s den before it’s too late to do so.
60 Quotes About Toxic Relationships
1. Being alone is a million times better than being with someone who makes your life miserable. Trialsandtests.
2. It’s not your job to fix a person who isn’t willing to change for the better. Trialsandtests.
3. It’s better to be healthy alone than to be sick with someone else. Dr Phil.
4. We teach people how to treat us. Dr Phil.
5. Being in a toxic relationship can be the loneliest thing in this world. Trialsandtests.
6. If it’s hurting and making you miserable, just know that isn’t loved at all. Trialsandtests.
7. Possessive love is the name of the game in a toxic relationship. Trialsandtests.
8. Remove yourself from people who treat you like your time doesn’t matter like your feelings are worthless, or like your soul is replaceable. S. Mcnutt.
9. If they do it often, it’s not a mistake; it’s just their behaviour. Dr Steve Maraboli.
10. Leaving a bad relationship is one of the best things you can do for yourself if you truly love yourself. Trialsandtests.
11. True love doesn’t hurt. If it does, then that can’t be true love. Trialsandtests.
12. The only thing worse than being in a bad relationship for one year is being in it for a year than a day. Dr Phil.
13. There is no virtue in tolerating toxic behaviour. Dr Phil.
14. You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. Joel Osteen.
15. Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got. Robert Brault.
16. The moment you begin to realize that this relationship is unhealthy for you in the long run, it definitely is. Trialsandtests.
17. You can’t proudly say you are in a healthy relationship when you are actually a prisoner in there. Trialsandtests.
18. Being held hostage by an unhealthy relationship is much worse than being in a physical prison. Trialsandtests.
19. It’s ok to break up with someone whose intent is to make your life a living hell on earth. Trialsandtests.
20. You are not a doormat. Stop allowing your so-called lover to treat you like dirt in the name of love. Trialsandtests.
21. He who understands what self-love is won’t allow himself to be treated like trash. Trialsandtests.
22. To leave a bad relationship with full closure, you must first understand what you are worth to avoid getting back. Trialsandtests.
23. If you are disrespected and abused, it’s time to say goodbye. Trialsandtests.
24. Leaving a bad and dysfunctional relationship is like a breath of fresh air. Trialsandtests.
25. If you know you deserve better, don’t justify abuse in the name of love which doesn’t even exist at all. Trialsandtests.
26. If they can’t make you shine like the sun, shine alone. For the sun needs nothing external to shine. Trialsandtests.
27. You are not mandated to set yourself on fire to keep someone warm who has no desire to be kept warm in the first place. Trialsandtests.
28. There are people who bring you down by just being with them. Malebo Sephodi.
29. You create more space in your life when you turn your excess baggage into garbage. Chlnonye J Chidolue.
30. Never allow anyone to hurt you a second time. If they love you, they won’t hurt you again. Trialsandtests.
31. In a toxic relationship, love is just a mere word, that’s it. Trialsandtests.
32. Let bad relationships drop like dead leaves from a tree for they are of no use to you. Trialsandtests.
33. A healthy relationship won’t isolate you from your loved ones but a toxic one will do just that, big time. Trialsandtests.
34. You don’t have to let that one thing be the thing that defines you. Jojo Moyes.
35. And I am dying to know it’s killing you like it’s killing me. Taylor Swift.
36. The day you came into my life is the day my life took the urn for the worst. Trialsandtests.
37. Toxic lovers are pretty good at driving their victims nuts with their abusive behaviour. Trialsandtests.
38. Like some wine, our love could neither mature nor travel. Graham Greene.
39. It was strange, really. A couple of months ago, I had thought I couldn’t leave without him. Apparently, I could. Gabrielle Zevin.
40. Girls, you gotta know when it’s time to turn the page. Tori Amos.
41. What we wait around a lifetime with one person, we can find in a moment with someone else. Stephanie Kleine.
42. If she disrespects you, just know that woman has no part in sharing your life with you. Trialsandtests.
43. Love doesn’t mean that you must let yourself be abused or treated like dirt. Trialsandtests.
44. You hurt me once but this time I won’t be fooled with your fake reassuring words. Trialsandtests.
45. Never give your heart freely to a narcissist if you know what’s good for you. Trialsandtests.
46. There is no point in being together when all you do is hurt each other. Trialsandtests.
47. How can you say you love me when you abuse me and treat me like a doormat? Trialsandtests.
48. If you keep going back to that abusive relationship you vowed never to return, you need serious self-love therapy. Trialsandtests.
49. In a bad relationship, you always be an option but not a priority. Trialsandtests.
50. Never feel guilty if you have to dump a toxic relationship for the sake of your emotional wellbeing. Trialsandtests.
51. You can’t expect love from someone who is broken. Trialsandtests.
52. I was happy and a joyful person until you came into my life to take all that way from me. Samuel Zulu.
53. Some people are just not good at living with others. Samuel Zulu.
54. Broken people break others. It’s how it goes. Samuel Zulu.
55. I love you but I won’t excuse your abusive behaviour. Samuel Zulu.
56. Sadly to some people, your love means a license to exploit you to their advantage. Samuel Zulu.
57. You are not a punching bag. So, why let someone treat you like one. Samuel Zulu.
58. Sadly, to some people, love means abusing you as they wish. Samuel Zulu.
59. If your love is toxic, I want nothing to do with it. Samuel Zulu.
60. If you can’t resolve your arguments without yelling, maybe you are not just meant for each other. Samuel Zulu.
These are the 60 toxic relationship quotes I had to share with you in this post and I hope you found them useful.
Let these quotes about toxic relationships you have read here give you the needed courage to break free from bad relationships that have held you captive for a long time. Peace.
Sharing is caring.