Below is a list of 60 recovery quotes and quotes about recovery to help you not give up on your recovery journey as that road is tough. Recovering from your addictions is difficult but possible. Don’t lose hope yet as the 60 recover quotes below will be your ally.
60 Quotes About Recovery.
1. Listen to God with a broken heart. He is not only the doctor who mends it but also the father who wipes away the tears. Criss Jami.
2. I think that little by little I’ll be able to solve my problems and survive. Frida Kahlo.
3. You were sick, but now you’re well again, and there’s work to do. Kurt Vonnegut.
4. We can be redeemed only to the extent to which we see ourselves. Martin Buber.
5.Searching for a mind long lost I found it shaping colours and history near the cliffs of your heart. Aberjhani.
6. Then came the healing time, hearts started to shine, soul felt so fine, oh what a freeing time it was. Aberjhani.
7. Issues are like tissues. You pull one out and another appears. Gary Goldstein.
8. Our wounds are not a measure of one individual’s sad fate, but an indication of our unity with others. Lynn C. Tolson.
9. Boundaries are, in simple terms, the recognition of personal space. Asa Don Brown.
10. It’s easier to maintain a good character than to recover it when it’s gone. Israelmore Ayivor.
11. An engaging examination of a painful subject, with a focus on healing and forgiveness. Robert Uttar.
12. There is no right or wrong way to recover. There is only the decision to do so. Brittany Burgunder.
13. Some people suffer in silence, pain in their hearts but smiles on their faces. Isha Barlas.
14. Don’t be afraid to start over. Because it is in that leap to the unknown where you will find your wings. Brittany Burgunder.
15. Hit the bottom and get back up; or hit the bottle and stay down. Anthony Liccione.
16. Sometimes you have to cross the boundaries of Death in order to discover the meaning of Life. B.G. Bowers.
17. A spiritual hell I lived in hating the God of love and knowing the god I served hated me. David W Earle.
18. Claim all that is good and powerful in life and make it your own. Jan Porter.
19. I wanted to say all these things about how you just have to hold on to the things you love and let go of all the rest. Charlotte Eriksson.
20. I’ve been married but I’m not anymore. And I still believe in love. Nick Saint Clair.
21. Some things you just know Doll, and that’s one I’d bet the farm on. Dianne Harman Cornered Coyote.
22. You can’t defeat the darkness by keeping it caged inside of you. Seth Adam Smith.
23. There is no right or wrong way to recover. There is only the decision to do so. Brittany Burgunder.
24. It is time to embrace mental health and substance use/abuse as illnesses. Addiction is a disease. Steven Kassels.
25. Never congratulate a doctor for the fast recovery of a patient. Raheel Farooq.
26. Sitting on the hot seat of change requires much courage, patience, and persistence. David W. Earle.
27. Self-preservation isn’t worth it if you can’t live with the self you’re preserving. David Levithan.
28. Some flowers need flames to find their way into this world. Cindy Campopiano.
29. You can’t defeat the darkness by keeping it caged inside of you. Seth Adam Smith.
30. Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them. Joubert Botha.
31. You are no your past addictions. You can always leave your ugly addiction past behind and towards a new life. Samuel Zulu.
32. If you cage your darkness inside you, you will never see the light. Samuel Zulu.
33. Recovery is a process and not something that happens overnight. Samuel Zulu.
34. Believe there is still hope that those addictions of yours trying to destroy you can be overcome. Samuel Zulu.
35. The road to recovering is a long one but worth it in the end, if you hang tight. Samuel Zulu.
36. Your journey to recovery and soberness start now and not tomorrow. Samuel Zulu.
37. You don’t have to be defined by your past addictions as they don’t define your future. Samuel Zulu.
38. Take one day at a time and soon, you will finish your recovery journey and be a completer different person than you were before. Samuel Zulu.
39. God can help you overcome the past grief that has caged you up until now. Samuel Zulu.
40. You are not beyond redemption. You can still fully recover all the Satan has stolen from you if you let God be the captain of your life. Samuel Zulu.
41. Let not your sinful addictions be the reason you damn your soul. God can help you break then if you trust Him. Samuel Zulu.
42. Recovery begins when you begin to accept that you are recoverable in the first place and that not all hope is lost. Samuel Zulu.
43. No matter how dark the night may get; your light will never burn out. Jeanette LeBlanc.
44. Joy sat in my throat like an egg resting on a spoon, quiet and fragile, but real. Shannon Kopp.
45. Recovery can take place only within the context of relationships; it cannot occur in isolation. Judith Lewis Herman.
46. I am not a broken heart and I am not your fault. Charlotte Eriksson.
47. Never focus on the end. Only focus on your first step. Brodi Ashton.
48. If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime. Benjamin Alire Saenz.
49. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. Confucius.
50. Remember just because you hit bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there. Robert Downey.
51. Your addiction is not you, but it feels like you because you’ve spent so much intimate time together. Toni Sorenson.
52. I’d never known that I could feel this broken and whole at once. Rachel L. Schade.
53. My only choice was to fight my way out, even if I didn’t think I would make it. Laurie Halse Anderson.
54. Change is inevitable. Progression is a choice. We all move, but are you going to move forward? Ricky Maye.
55. Stop looking back when your future is ahead of you. Ricky Maye.
56. That’s the only thing you can do with a mess. Start cleaning it up, a little at a time. Lisa Wingate.
57. Rising from the ashes, I am born again powerful, exultant, majestic through all the pain. Shannon Perry.
58. It’s worth burning myself out like a match so long as others receive the light and warmth I dispatch. Shannon Perry.
59. I am the only one who can save me from myself. Joseph Julius Bonkowski Jr.
60. Self-care is how you take your power back. Lalah Delia.
Hope these 60 recover quotes will give you all the hope you desperately need on your recover journey so that you don’t give up on yourself life most people. Take care.
Sharing is caring.