Below is a list of 65 promise quotes and quotes on promises to help you be more prudent in making promise to others lest you be called a liar for failing to honor them. May these 65 promise quotes and promises quotes help you not make promises you know you can’t honor. Enjoy.
65 Quotes On Promises.
1. Not all promises must be believed because not all who promise are willing to honor them. Samuel Zulu.
2. Better to promise nothing than to give someone empty and false hopes. Samuel Zulu.
3. Over promising is a sure way of not fulfilling any of your promises you make. Samuel Zulu.
4. He who promises too much ends up not even honoring one promise he made. Samuel Zulu.
5. Promise less but deliver more than your promised. Samuel Zulu.
6. So many people are good at making fake promised but when the time comes to fulfill them, excuses are what they give. Samuel Zulu.
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
7. Excused must not be your scapegoat for failing to honor your promises unless otherwise. Samuel Zulu.
8. Sometimes, it’s human to fail to honor what we promised to others but not when it becomes a chronic habit. Samuel Zulu.
9. The reason why most people make false promises is because they don’t understand what’s at stake when making those promises. Samuel Zulu.
10. Human promises may and will fail you but God’s promises won’t. Samuel Zulu.
11. Don’t trust human promises as they are fallible. Trust God’s promises as they are the only ones that won’t fail you. Samuel Zulu.
12. Sadly for most people, a yes they’ve told you means a no in their hearts. Samuel Zulu.
13. A promise that is only valid when things are convenient is no promise at all. Samuel Zulu.
14. Conditional promises are fake promises in disguise. Samuel Zulu.
15. Don’t be hasty to promise something to someone that you know in your heart you can’t fulfill. Samuel Zulu.
16. He who trusts in the promises of man just sets himself up for heartbreaks and disappointments. Samuel Zulu.
17. Never promise love to someone when in your heart you know you aren’t ready to commit to that person. Samuel Zulu.
18. He who promises love to you without proving it to you is a fake lover and must not be believed. Samuel Zulu.
19. For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. 2 Corinthians 1:20.
20. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11.
21. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalms 23:1.
22. But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. Isaiah 40:31a.
23. I know it is a bad thing to break a promise, but I think now that it is a worse thing to let a promise break you. Jennifer Donnelly.
24. A graceful refusal is better than a lengthy promise. Hazrat Ali Ibn Abu.
25. The problem with promises is that once you’ve made one, it’s bound to be broken. It’s like an unspoken cosmic rule. Bree Despain.
26. Liars make the best promises. Pierce Brown.
27. Promises were like laws; smart men knew when to break both. C.J. Hill, Slayers.
28. I’ll promise to think twice before I take any important step you seriously disapprove of. Anne Bronte.
29. This is what we are made for: promises, pledges, and sworn oaths of obedience. Lauren Oliver.
30. But promises based on ignorance always prove disappointing. Jussi Adler Olsen.
31. Promises, like gardens need weeding from time to time to produce healthy results. Soul Dancer.
32. Never make promises when you are broke. Charmaine J Forde.
33. We can position ourselves to receive God’s promises, but it will take a lot of stretching, moving, breaking and changing. Alisa Hope Wagner.
34. When you make a promise to anyone, ensure than you have the guts to honor it. Samuel Zulu.
35. Not all promises are worth honoring or believing. Samuel Zulu.
36. Trusting in promises of man is like erecting your house on sand. Samuel Zulu.
37. Only he who stands on God’s promises will be established. Samuel Zulu.
38. God’s promises are the only sure infallible rock and foundation you must trust in in this life. Samuel Zulu.
39. In putting too much trust in the promises of man is how many have wrecked their lives. Samuel Zulu.
40. If you trust in God’s promises, you will be like a tree planted by the riverside that never dries up. Samuel Zulu.
41. A promise is only burdensome if you can’t honor it. Samuel Zulu.
42. he who makes too many promises in life just sets himself up for failure and disappointments. Samuel Zulu.
43. Make less promises and you will save yourself from unassay trouble or disappointments. Samuel Zulu.
44. The best way of honoring your promises is not promising much upfront. Samuel Zulu.
45. Debts are what arises when one promises too much. Samuel Zulu.
46. With promises, comes the responsibility of honoring them. Samuel Zulu.
47. Honor your promises or you will earn a reputation of being a liar. Samuel Zulu.
48. Promises come with responsibilities to fulfil them. Don’t make any if you are unable to bear the responsibilities that come with honoring them. Samuel Zulu.
49. The world has not made a promise to anybody. African Proverb.
50. A gentle politician doesn’t promise to build bridges where there is no water. African Proverb.
51. If nakedness promises to cloth you then look at its name. African Proverb.
52. He that promises most will perform least. Gaelic Proverb.
53. Never promise a poor person, and never owe a rich one. Brazilian Proverb.
54. He ruins himself in promises, and clears himself by giving nothing. French Proverb.
55. Better a friendly refusal than an unwilling promise. German Proverb.
56. Promises make debt, and debt makes promises. Dutch Proverb.
57. A promise is a cloud; fulfillment is rain. Arabian Proverb.
58. Don’t expect from others what you can’t promise them yourself. Chinese Proverb.
59. There are no greater promisers than those who have nothing to give. Traditional Proverb.
60. Neither promise wax to the saint, nor cakes to the child. Greek Proverb.
61. Don’t promise something when you are full of joy; don’t answer letters when you are full of anger. Chinese Proverb.
62. Promises may make friends, but ’tis performances that keep them. German Proverb.
63. Be slow to promise but quick to perform. Chinese Proverb.
64. Promises are like the full moon: if they are not kept at once they diminish day by day. German Proverb.
65. When a man repeats a promise again and again, he means to fail you. English Proverb.
Hope these 65 promise quotes will help you be wiser and prudent before making any promise to anyone lest you be accused of being a liar for failing to honor your promises. Peace.
Sharing is caring.