Below is a list of 81 forgiveness quotes and quotes about forgiveness to help you finally let go of the grudges you may have held for a long time against those who have hurt you. We live in a fallen world and this means that people are bound to hurt you and do mean things to you but still, you must embrace forgiveness for your own wellbeing. May these 81 forgiveness quotes help you freely forgive others the way God forgives us when we wrong Him, too.
81 Quotes About Forgiveness.
1. Let go and leave revenge to God as it belongs to Him. Samuel Zulu.
2. He who shows mercy to others will receive the same measure from God. Samuel Zulu.
3. Holding grudges just hurts you in the long run and not the offender. Samuel Zulu.
4. Forgive but be wise as a serpent so that you don’t get hurt again. Samuel Zulu.
5. Forgiveness is a sign of strength, not weakness. Samuel Zulu.
6. If you don’t forgive others, don’t expect God to forgive you, too. Samuel Zulu.
7. Unforgiveness is also murder and he who practices it is a murderer, too. Samuel Zulu.
8. Want to know how loving someone is, see how easily he lets go of offences. Samuel Zulu.
9. So divine is forgiveness that it needs God’s help to easily practise it. Samuel Zulu.
10. God forgives us of our sins because he’s love. Samuel Zulu.
11. Forgive them for the sake of your own peace and wellbeing. Samuel Zulu.
12. Forgiving others is saying you love them despite their flaws. Samuel Zulu.
13. Forgiveness is the beginning of freedom. Samuel Zulu.
14. Don’t harbour grudges in your heart. It’s just not worth your time. Samuel Zulu.
15. Let go and let God do the revenge for you. Samuel Zulu.
16. To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you. Samuel Zulu.
17. Love, the simplest, strongest, and most unforgiving of all emotions. Stephen King.
18. The ability to forgive is one of man’s greatest achievements. Bryant McGill.
19. Love heals violence and all its sources. Bryant McGill.
20. A good enemy can be better than the best of friend. Simona Panova.
21. Forgiveness is no easy task; it takes a lifetime of remembering to move on. L Darnell.
22. When we forgive, we’re saying to our heart that we are ready to move on. Milan Ljubicic.
23. Restoration and hope is available each time you return to God. Jim George.
24. Forgiveness is the process of dropping off your emotional baggage. Tim Fargo.
25. For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. Jesus.
26. forgive, and ye shall be forgiven. Luke 6:37c.
27. And forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors. Matthew 6:12.
28. Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Psalm 32:1.
29. Blessed are the merciful for they shall be called Children of God. Jesus Christ.
30. Look upon mine affliction and my pain, and forgive all my sins. Psalms 25:18.
31. You think you need to forgive someone you got it all wrong. Vivian Amis.
32. God extend His power of great mercy and forgiveness to all men. Lailah Gifty Akita.
33. God is love. He is gracious and forgives. Jim George.
34. Forgiveness is the act of showing God’s love to others. Samuel Zulu.
35. He who forgives not is no different from a serial killer. Samuel Zulu.
36. Unforgiveness when nurtures lead to murder. Samuel Zulu.
37. Unforgiveness is the reason why people kill each other over petty stuff. Samuel Zulu.
38. Forgiveness is hard but crucial if you want to move one. Samuel Zulu.
39. Be sorry but don’t make it a habit. Samuel Zulu.
40. I am sorry means nothing if you are not repentant of your offences. Samuel Zulu.
41. He who’s truly sorry shows it with his actions not just words. Samuel Zulu.
42. Forgiveness frees you from all the emotional baggage eating you inside. Samuel Zulu.
43. Only the strong forgive others who have wronged them. Samuel Zulu.
44. Unforgiveness is a terrible character flaw. Samuel Zulu.
45. Bitterness does nothing but burn you inside like acid. Samuel Zulu.
46. You hurt me once but that doesn’t mean you can do it again. Samuel Zulu.
47. Forgiveness is true love without it, fake love is what you are dealing with. Samuel Zulu.
48. Learning to forgive each other’s is what will bring lost humanity together. Samuel Zulu.
49. Unforgiveness is what makes people do hideous things to others. Samuel Zulu.
50. Murder is unforgiveness gone wild. Samuel Zulu.
51. God’s grace is what will enable you to forgive the unforgivable. Samuel Zulu.
52. With God’s grace on your side, you can forgive any grave offence. Samuel Zulu.
53. We screw up but God is always willing to forgive us if are sincere with Him. Samuel Zulu.
54. With forgiveness, comes the healing of the soul. Samuel Zulu.
55. Forgiveness hides a pleasure that you can’t get back from revenge. Iranian Proverb.
56. If there were no wrongdoing, there would be no forgiveness. Egyptian Proverb.
57. The Irish forgive their great men when they are safely buried. Irish Proverb.
58. If I die, I forgive you; if I recover, we shall see. Spanish Proverb.
59. Who forgives wins. African Proverb.
60. Poverty is a sin that the rich never forgive. Russian Proverb.
61. The offender never forgives. Russian Proverb.
62. If you offend, ask for pardon; if offended, forgive. Ethiopian Proverb.
63. He who forgives ends a quarrel. African Proverb.
64. The axe forgets: the tree remembers. African Proverb.
65. Some give and forgive, others get and forget. Swahili Proverb.
66. If God were not forgiving, heaven would be empty. Berber Proverb.
67. Those who don’t forgive, break the bridge on which they have to pass. African Proverb.
68. Life is forgiving and amazing. Embrace it. Cultivate it. Make it yours. Amanda Mosher.
69. Don’t allow unforgiveness to make you unhappy. Lailah Gifty Akita.
70. Weak people revenge: strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore. Albert Einstein.
71. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. Mahatma Gandhi.
72. Being joyous or happy is not something you should feel guilty about. Stephen Richards.
73. Be compassionate with all people. Lailah Gifty Akita.
74. Forgive and be compassionate with another in love, peace and in faith. Lailah Gifty Akita.
75. I am strong enough to forgive. Lailah Gifty Akita.
76. Forgive or go with your hurt and grudges to the grave. Samuel Zulu.
77. Forgiveness is a doorway to full reconciliation. Samuel Zulu.
78. Unforgiveness is Satan’s nature. If you embrace it, you are his child. Samuel Zulu.
79. He who practices unforgiveness is of the devil and is in darkness. Samuel Zulu.
80. Choosing forgiveness is choosing love. Samuel Zulu.
81. It’s more blessed to forgive than to be forgiven. Samuel Zulu.
Hope these 81 forgiveness quotes will give you the extra strength you need to let go and forgive all those who have deeply hurt you. Take care and forgive always.
Sharing is caring.