This post contains a collection of 90 grief quotes which will make your grieving process much easier and bearable if you have lost someone you love due to death until one day you meet on the other side.
As you know grief is one of the most painful and devastating emotion & memory one can go through which come as a result of losing someone so dear to us unexpectedly.
Indeed, we all have experienced grief and loss in one way or the other and these quotes on grief will remind you that you are not alone & you will soon learn to live in the new normal in a good way.
Don’t lose hope or think of committing suicide even if you feel like doing so, I beg of you. I know that things may seem hopeless in your life right now as you are reading this but hang in there.
Remember, your grief isn’t there to stay and will soon go away and will be replaced with new joy, love and compassion for others which you never knew existed before.
Why These Grief Quotes?
The grief quotes you will discover in this post will comfort you and help you heal from your grief and loss of a loved you may have experienced in your life especially if you feel like you can’t handle it anymore.
Whether be it a loss of a loved one or anything dear to your heart, just know that those deep wounds caused by grief will heal over time and you will get over the loss as time goes by.
Yes, it won’t happen overnight of course but these quotes for grieving a loved one lost will act as a medicine to speed up the healing process of those deep emotional wounds cases by grief and loss.
Secondly, you will also be reminded that grief sometimes can be the best thing to ever happen in your life as grief brings a renewed sense of purpose and gratitude for life.
Having said that, let’s look at the 80 grief quotes you will ever need to begin your journey of healing from the loss of a loved one in your life you may currently be experiencing.
90 Grief Quotes To Overcome Loss.
Here are 90 grief quotes which will bring you closer to God who is always on your side in times of need, pain and distress and help you in your grieving process.
1. Sometimes, God uses grief and pain to bring us closer to himself. Trialsandtests.
2. Grief or loss of a loved one is an inevitable part of life no one can escape regardless of social status in society or educational status. Trialsandtests.
3. The reason all human beings here on earth experience grief is because we live in a fallen world which is under the curse of sin. Trialsandtests.
4. Grief is not a respecter of persons and comes to everyone irrespective of race, social status or educational status in society. Trialsandtests.
5. No one loves to experience grief but sometimes, we need to experience grief in life in order to appreciate the value of life especially when we lose something so dear to us like a loved one. Trialsandtests.
6. God allows grief in our lives to teach us patience and long-suffering which are essential fruits of the spirit we all need to have to understand the true meaning of living. Trialsandtests.
8. Grief is the price we pay for the true loved we had for someone when that person dies & reminds us the necessity of loving & appreciating people while they are alive with us. Trialsandtests.
9. When grief comes in your life, don’t say why me, say try me and say to grief, you are not here to stay. Trialsandtests.
10. You are not the first person here on earth to experience grief. So many others have also experience grief the same way you have and have grown from it into better persons. So, don’t allow grief to make you lose hope but grow and learn from it. Trialsandtests.
11. No one ever told me that grief felt like fear. C.S Lewis.
12. Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form. Rumi.
13. Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart. Jose N. Harris.
14. Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them. Leo Tolstoy.
15. Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak knits up the o-er wrought heart and bids it breaks. William Shakespeare.
16. Grief can be a burden, but also an anchor. You get used to the weight, how it holds you in place. Sarah Dessen.
17. To lose someone you love is to alter your life forever. The pain stops. There are new people but the gap never closes. This hole in your heart is the shape of the one you lost. No one else can fit it. Jeanette. Winterson.
18. Parting is such sweet sorrow That I shall say goodnight till it is morrow. William Shakespeare.
19. We were promised sufferings. They were part of the program. We were even told, ‘Blessed are they that mourn,’ and I accept it. I’ve got nothing that I hadn’t bargained for. Of course, it is different when the thing happens to oneself, not to others, and in reality, not imagination. C.S. Lewis.
20. To live in hearts we live behind is not to die. Thomas Campbell.
21. No one wants to experience grief and loss of any kind in their lives but grief and loss can be the gateway for you to start living more purposefully with more gratitude to the life you just never had before. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
22. Grief sometimes comes in our lives to remind us not to take anything and anyone for granted. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
23. For most people, grief becomes the reason why they remain stuck and fail to move forward in life past their grief. While for other people, grief may be the reason why they grow and evolve to become better versions of themselves. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
24. Grief reveals the true character of individuals. If you want to know the true character of a person, observe them closely when grief and loss strike their lives like lightning. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
25. Like a fiery hot furnace, grief reveals who is real and who is nothing but fool’s gold because everyone can be positive when things are smooth sailing and not so much when the storms of life come in their fury like a flood. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
Soothing grieving quotes to comfort and heal your soul in times of pain, grief and loss which we all experience at one point in life even when you feel like you don’t have the strength to continue any more.
26. Grief and loss are a reminder of why godly gratitude in everything in life is important. Trialsandtests.
27. Ten years from now, you will be grateful to God that he allowed grief and loss to come in our life to teach you some valuable life lessons responsible for shaping and moulding you into the person your today. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
28. As long as you live in this fallen Adamic world, you will experience grief and loss of all kinds because as it is written, “Man born of a woman is of a few days which are all full of trouble. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
29. Grief is what makes us capable of loving strongly as it’s a sign of how much a loved one meant to you. Trialsandtests.
30. Grieving is what enables us to get over the loss of a loved one after it’s vented out. Trialsandtests
31. The darker the night, the brighter the stars. The deeper the grief, the closer God. Fyodor Dostoevsky.
32. Grief is like a long valley, a winding valley where any bend reveals a totally new landscape. C.S Lewis.
33. It is difficult to accept death in this society because it is unfamiliar. In spite of the fact that it happens all the time, we never see it. Elisabeth Kubler Ross.
34. It’s not the memories inside my head that drive me crazy. It’s the new memories without you that push me over the edge. Sandra Homer.
35. It is impossible to go on as you were before. So, you must go on you never before. Cheryl Strayed.
36. Sometimes, all you can do is lie in bed and hope to fall asleep before you fall apart. William C. Hannan.
37. Grief is not a disorder, a disease or a sign of weakness. It’s an emotional, physical and spiritual necessity, the price you pay for love. The only cure for grief is to grieve. Earl Grollman.
38. Grief is a silent partner. Sometimes, it seals the heart, shut the only way to heal a sealed heart is to break the seal and shout it out. Tess Calomino.
39. The five stages of grief are tools to help us frame and identify what we may be feeling but they are not stops on some linear timeline in grief. Not everyone goes through all of them in a prescribed order. Elisabeth Kubler Ross & David Kessler.
40. Walk on walk on with hope in your heart and you will never walk alone. Rodgers & Hammerstein Carousel.
41. With grief, one can find compassion as people who have experienced loss are the ones capable of loving strongly & understanding others who have gone through what they went. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
42. Very often, grief brings out the love and compassion for others in you which you never knew existed before. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
43. If you are experiencing grief and loss, don’t think it’s the end of the world as you are not the first person to experience the devastating effects of grief and loss as other people just like you have experienced grief and loss in the same manner as you and grew from it to become one of the finest souls you will ever meet in your life. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
44. Grief makes us come closer to God because of the mourners & grieves with us when we mourn because he greatly cares for us as our Father. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
45. Grief is like an ocean, it comes as waves ebbing and flowing sometimes, the water is calm and sometimes, it’s overwhelming. All we can do is swim. Vicki Harmson.
- 36 Exotic Comforting Quotes About Loss To overcome Loss.
- 60 Bible Verses About Life Struggles To Help You Overcome Trials Joyfully
- 20 Quotes About Trials In Life To Help You Be An Overcomer
46. Grief can’t be shared. Everyone carries it alone his own burden in his own way. Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
47. Mourning, the act of grief required attention. Joan Didion.
48. Grief knits two hearts in closer bonds than happiness ever can and common suffering are far stronger links than common joys. Alphonse De Hamartine.
49. Sometimes, it’s ok if the only thing you did today was breathing. Yumi Sakugawa.
50. No one really dies as long as they took the time to leave us with fond memories. Chris Sorensen.
Quotes About Grief
Comforting Quotes about grief to remind you that you are not alone facing grief and loss in your life and that no one is exempted from grief regardless of social status in society.
51. Being betrayed by people closest to you is among the worst griefs you will ever experience which takes time to heal. Trialsandtests.
52. It’s OK to cry if you lose someone so dear to you because your grief is an indicator that you truly loved that person. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
53. Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes because those who love with their heart and soul, there is no separation. Rumi.
54. Those who don’t know how to weep with their whole hearts, don’t know how to laugh either. Golda Meir.
55. The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Psalms 34:18.
56. He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds. Psalms 147:3.
57. Sometimes my grief is overwhelming and even though I understand that we will never see each other again, there is part of me that wants to hold on to you forever. Nicholas Sparks.
58. Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly. Psalms 31:9-10.
59. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28.
60. The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Psalms 9:9.
61. But grief is a walk alone. Others can be there and listen but you will walk along your own path, at your own pace with your sheared-off pain, your raw wounds, your denial, anger and bitter loss. You will come to your own pace, hopefully, but it will be on your own in your own time. Cathy Lamb.
62. It has been said, time heals all wounds. I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind protecting its sanity covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone. Rose Kennedy.
63. There is no sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief and unspeakable love. Washington Irvin.
64. There is no grief like the grief that doesn’t speak. Henry Wards worth Longfellow.
65. Grief falls upon human beings as the rain not selecting good or evil, visiting the innocent, condemning those who have done no wrong. Richard Jefferies.
66. Like lightning, grief strikes without any warnings when you least expect it. Trialsandtests.
67. Grief comes to all and isn’t a respecter of persons nor has any favourites exempted from it. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
68. Like a thief in the night, grief makes no announcements when it comes with great sorrow in its path. Trialsandtests.
69. There is an ocean of silence between us… and I am drowning in it. Ranata Suzuki.
70. All the times I have suddenly realized that my parents are dead, even now, it still surprises me, to exist in the world while that which made me has ceased to exist. Nicole Krauss.
71. Grief is what helps you get over the loss & death of someone you truly loved over time as grief reminds us that no one will live forever after all. Trialsandtests.
72. The worst grief you will ever experience isn’t the loss of your loved one but how you took them for granted when they were alive. Trialsandtests.
73. The thing about grief is that you can’t fake it. Trialsandtests.
74. When you experience loss, people say you’ll move through the 5 stages of grief. Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance. What they don’t tell you is that you’ll cycle through them all every day. Ranata Suzuki.
75. Grief, no matter how you try to cater to its wail, has a way of fading away. V.C. Andrews.
76. Grief can make or break you depending on how you respond and react to it. Samuel Zulu, Trialsandtests.
77. If handled correctly with a positive mind, grief can be the best thing to ever happen in your life due to the important life lessons grief brings to people after going through it. Samuel Zulu, Trialsandtests.
78. It’s ok to be heartbroken when you lose someone dear to your heart because just like any physical injury, your heart will heal gradually over time. Samuel Zulu, Trialsandtests.
79. To truly understand what grief and loss truly means, you have to experience it yourself first hand and not being told by the word of mouth. Samuel Zulu, Trialsandtests.
80. You will never get used to grief as each grief you experience in life will be different from the one before, each one teaching you unique important life lessons. Samuel Zulu, Trialsandtests.
81. What was once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose. for all that we love deeply becomes part of us. Helen Keller.
82. We bereaved are not alone. We belong to the largest company in all the world, the company of those who have known to suffer. Helen Keller.
83. What I am looking for is not out there, it’s in me. Helen Keller.
84. Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming it. Helen Keller.
85. We must accept sadness as an appropriate natural stage of loss. Elisabeth Kubler Ross.
86. Denial helps us to pace our feelings with grief. There is grace in denial. It is nature’s way of letting in only as much as we can handle. Elisabeth Kubler Ross.
87. People who are capable of handling grief are the ones who grow from it and become stronger than they were before. Trialsandtests.
88. Youth offers the promise of happiness but life offers the realities of grief. Nicholas Sparks.
89. Without suffering there would be no compassion. Nicholas Sparks.
90. Loss is the price you must pay in order for you to have something more valuable which you never did. Trialsandtests.
There you have it, all the top 90 grief quotes I had to share with you in this post to help you cope with grief and loss in your life.
Remember, if you are currently experiencing grief and loss, just remember, you are not the only one. Just be strong and you soon heal and be well again.
I know times of grief can really be tough because I myself have to experience grief in one way or another and I know what I am talking about.
Grief can make you think that the world has come to an end but I encourage you not to lose hope as in your darkest hour, God is still with you, to strengthen you during your trying moments.
My encouragement to you is that pick two or three grief quotes you have read in this post to meditate and act on in your life to alleviate your grief and give you new hope.
I hope these grief quotes you have read in this post will strengthen you and help you cope with grief with the help of God who understands your grief and pain better than anyone else.
In conclusion, if you found these grief quotes helpful, share them with everyone you know on social media. Sharing is caring, remember. Cheers.