The post you are about to read contains 75 exotic loss quotes which will comfort and help you navigate through any grief and loss you may be going through.
We all experience loss and grief in our lives and speaking from experience, these life predicaments can be very devastating indeed.
Yes, some people even commit suicide as a result of this when they the loss they experience in their life such as losing a loved one is simply too much for them to handle.
But one thing you should understand dear reader that loss and grief is just part and parcel of life as we live in a fallen Adamic world.
So, there is no need of committing suicide when you lose someone so dear to you as these loss quotes in this post will explain to you in a moment.
Why These Loss Quotes?
These loss quotes you are about to discover in this post will strengthen and comfort you so as to help you heal from the loss and grief you may have experienced in your life.
Secondly, these quotes on loss and grief will remedy you that you are not the only one experiencing grief and loss.
Other people too are going through the same grief and loss you are going through. So, there is no need of taking your own life when you lose something or someone so dear to you.
It’s just life but remember, through it, all the Lord is always on standby ready to help and comfort you if you confide in him wholeheartedly.
With that said, let’s look at the 75 grief quotes I have carefully selected for you to help you heal from any grief and loss you have experienced even years ago but have not gotten over it.
75 Comforting Loss Quotes
Here are 75 comforting loss quote to begin your healing journey from the deep emotional wounds caused by grief and loss with the help of the Lord. Remember, you are not alone.
1. It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything. Chuck Palahniuk.
2. Despite your best efforts, people are going to be hurt when it’s time for them to be hurt. Haruki Murakami.
3. Anyone who has lost something they thought was theirs forever finally comes to realize that nothing really belongs to them. Paulo Coelho.
4. It all goes away. Eventually, everything goes away. Elizabeth Gilbert.
5. Sometimes, only one person is missing and the whole universe seems depopulated. Alphonse De Lamartine.
6. It’s hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember. Sujish Kandampully.
7. Grief is just loved with no place to go. James Anderson.
8. Loss is just an inevitable part of life that we all must face at some point in life. Samuel Zulu, Trialsandtests.
9. There is no greater pain than losing a loved one so dear and close to you. Samuel Zulu, Trialsandtests.
10. Sometimes, we need to lose everything in order to gain what we never had. Samuel Zulu, Trialsandtests.
11. There is nothing you can do if you lose a loved one when their appointed time to live this troublesome wicked world has come. All you can do is to be gracious and thankful for the little time you had together. Samuel Zulu, Trialsandtests.
12. Loss teaches us gratitude and why we should be grateful for the people we have in our lives and not to take them for granted because when they leave us, it will be too late to make any amends. Samuel Zulu, Trialsandtests.
13. When you hear someone lost a person so dear to them that should be a wake-up call of what you must not take anyone for granted especially those closest to you. Samuel Zulu, Trialsandtests.
14. Most people take their loved ones for granted until when those people suddenly die will they realize how important those people were in their lives and start saying good things about that person which they never said during their lifetime. Don’t be such a foolish person. Samuel Zulu, Trialsandtests.
15. Don’t wait until it’s too late to say I love you to the people who mean the most to you in your life because when they die, it will be too late. Now is the time to tell them that you love and appreciate them. Samuel Zulu, Trialsandtests.
16. Losing someone in your life must be a reminder that life is short and unpredictable and why you must not take your one and only dear life for granted. Samuel Zulu, Trialsandtests.
17. Mostly it is a loss which teaches us about the worth of things. Arthur Schopenhauer.
18. Listen to God with a broken heart. He is not only the doctor who mends it but also the father who wipes away the tears. Criss Jami.
19. You never know what you have till you’ve lost it. Alyson Noel, Evermore.
20. You don’t know who is important to you until you actually lose them. Mahatma Gandhi.
21. That it will never come again is what makes life sweet. Emily Dickinson.
22. If I had a flower for every time, I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever. Alfred Jenny on.
23. In each loss, there is again, as in every gain there is a loss. And with each ending, comes a new beginning. Buddhist Proverb.
24. I cannot conceive of a greater loss than the loss of one’s self-respect. Mahatma Gandhi.
25. What greater crime than the loss of time? German Proverb.
Quotes On Loss
Encouraging quotes on loss to remind you that you are not the only one going through loss. Other people are going through what you are currently going through, too.
26. When you lose someone, you get used to living day to day without them. But you’ll never get used to the “10-second heartbreak.” That’s the time it takes to wake to full consciousness each day and remember.” Nina Guilbeau.
27. It’s always hard to lose somebody. It leaves a hole in your heart that never grows back.” Kevin Brooks, Lucas.
28. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Matthew 5:4.
29. And ye now, therefore, have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. John 16:22.
30. Never let a win get to your head or a loss to your heart. Chuck D.
31. Adversity and loss make a man wise. Welsh Proverb.
32. No matter how painful the loss, the bereaved won’t be buried with a corpse. African Proverb.
33. Death is never at a loss for occasions. Greek Proverb.
34. Perhaps they are not stars but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know that they are happy. Eskimo Proverb.
35. What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we deeply love becomes part of us. Hellen Keller.
36. When you lose someone you love; you gain an angel you know. Marianne Soucy.
37. Do not weep my children, I am not going very far, I shall see you from there, you will only have to look at night and you will see me smile. Victor Hugo.
38. Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside of us while we live. Norman Cousins.
39. Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened. DR. Seuss.
40. We never get over great losses, we absorb them and they carve us into different, often kinder creatures. Gail Caldwell.
41. To live in hearts we live behind is not to die. Thomas Campbell.
42. We shall find peace, we shall hear angels, we shall see the sky sparkling with diamonds. Anyon Chekov.
43. Mostly, its loss that teaches us the worth of things. Arthur Schopenhauer.
44. Sometimes, the loss is necessary so that we can have a new perspective on things that matter the most in this life. Samuel Zulu, Trialsandtests.
45. The worst loss one will ever have in this life and beyond is the loss of his or her precious and priceless soul. Samuel Zulu, Trialsandtests.
45. Losing your identity is among the worst losses one can ever have because when you lose your identity and your own uniqueness, you slowly begin to die inside. Samuel Zulu, Trialsandtests.
46. When we lose someone, we get reminded of how precious and priceless life is and why we must not take it for granted. Samuel Zulu, Trialsandtests.
47. Gone. The saddest word in the language. In any language. Mark Slouka.
48. Life is full of grief, to exactly the degree we allow ourselves to love other people. Orson Scott Card.
49. The whole world can become the enemy when you lose what you love. Kristina McMorris.
50. One of the greatest tragedies in life is to lose your own sense of self and accept the version of you that is expected by everyone else. K.L. Toth.
Quotes About Loss And Grief
Comforting Quotes about loss and grief to help you cope with the loss of any important person in your life as you grieve.
51. I used to think that I could never lose anyone if I photographed them enough. In fact, my pictures show me how much I’ve lost. Nan Goldin.
52. It’s difficult to ever go back to the same places or people. You turn away, even for a moment, and when you turn back around, everything’s changed. Gabrielle Zevin.
53. The art is not one of forgetting but letting go. And when everything else is gone, you can be rich in loss. Rebecca Solnit.
54. Of all the ways to lose a person, death is the kindest. Ralph Waldo Emerson.
55. See, that’s the difference,” Mauvin said. “I suffer a loss and people console me. Royce suffers a loss and whole towns evacuate. “Michael J. Sullivan.
56. Though sorrow may impede my heart, it is of great love to have known you.” C. Elizabeth.
57. I had someone once who made every day mean something. And now, I am lost and nothing means anything anymore. Ranata Suzuki.
58. Losing you is most difficult for me, but the nature of my love for you is what matters. If it distorts into half-truth, then perhaps it is better not to love you. I must keep my mind but lose you. Haruki Murakami.
59. We bereaved are not alone. We belong to the largest company in all the world, the company of those who have known to suffer. Helen Keller.
60. Letting go is the lesson. Letting go is always the lesson. Have you ever noticed how much of our agony is all tied up with craving and loss? Susan Gordon Lydon.
61. May love to be what you remember most. Darcie Sims.
62. Hold on to love, not the loss. Eoa Longoria.
63. Time teaches us to conceal our pain from others and we learn to grieve all ourselves. Narin Grewal.
64. One of the hardest things you will ever have to do, my dear, is to grieve the loss of a person who is still alive. Word Porn.
65. A family will never get over losing their loved ones. It doesn’t matter how long ago or how old the loved one was or how they died. The family lives with this pain every moment of their remaining lives. Narin Grewal.
66. Loss isn’t necessarily a bad thing especially when you have to lose and let go of things and people who no longer add value to your life or no longer help you grow. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
67. We tend to appreciate something or someone when that person is no longer with us. So, when you hear someone lose a loved one, that’s a wakeup call reminding you not to take your one and only dear life for granted. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
68. When it comes to grief and loss everyone talks about the loss of a loved one in their lives b but did you know that losing your individuality for the sake of pleasing others or the society is the greatest loss you will ever have when your earthly life come to a conclusion? Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
69. Loss is like barter exchange trade because when you lose something, you often get something in exchange usually more valuable than what you lost. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
70. Sometimes, it’s good to lose people in our lives especially fake people and fake friends who don’t add value to our lives but are just there to get something from us. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
71. The only time you shouldn’t mourn or grieve is when you lose fake people and fake friends in your life. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
72. When you lose fake people in your life, you should celebrate and throw yourself a banquet party. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
73. Grieve with tears when you lose people who meant the most to you in your life like your loved ones. On the flip side rejoice when you lose fake friends who don’t share your future ahead with you. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
74. I didn’t just lose you but I also lost the greatest companionship I will ever have in my life. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
75. Sometimes, God will allow you to lose something so that he can bless you with something way better far exceeding your wildest dreams. Samuel Zulu, trialsandtests.
That’s all the 75 loss quotes I had to share with you in this article and I hope these quotes on loss and grief will give you the comfort you need to navigate through any loss and grief you may have.
Remember, you are not the first person to experience grief and loss of something so dear to you neither will you be the last to experiences these life tragedies.
All you need to do in these trying moments in your life is to cry to God who is your refuge and indeed he will comfort and strengthen you as he has done to others.
I also encourage you to pick two or three quotes on loss you have read in this post to meditate and act on to help you navigate through any loss you may be going through.
Stick the loss quotes which resonate with you in your bedroom to strengthen and to give you hope that what lies ahead is always better than what you lose or leave behind.
Sometimes you need to lose everything in life in order to gain what you wouldn’t have gotten without experiencing that loss you currently dread and are grieved about.
With that said, kindly share this post with everyone experiencing loss and grief in their lives as they will be greatly comforted by these loss quotes. Sharing is caring. Cheers.