65 Death quotes to help you embrace and prepare for death. It’s just a matter of fact that we are all going to die one day which is why you need to prepare for it always. And these quotes about death and dying will help you prepare for your death bed which can come at any time without giving any notice. With that said, here are 65 death quotes and dying quotes to help you see life from a different angle.
65 Quotes About Death
1. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. Ecclesiastes 12:7
2. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23.
3. Death and life are in the power of the tongue. Proverbs 18:21.
4. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment. Hebrews 9:27.
5. What you learn is what you die with. African Proverb.
6. Death is a thief. African Proverb.
7. Life is the beginning of death. African Proverb.
8. Death is like a robe everyone has to wear. African Proverb.
9. Where there is a dead body, both criers and laughers are found. African Proverb.
10. The earth is a beehive we all enter by the same door. African Proverb.
11. Death does not sound a trumpet. African Proverb.
12. Death is in the pot. Dutch Proverb.
13. Dying begins when you lose your purpose in life. Trialsandtests.
14. We all die but only few people truly live. Trialsandtests.
15. On your dying bed, you won’t regret about what you didn’t do but what you didn’t is what will sting your soul to the core. Trialsandtests.
16. When all is said and done, the only thing that will matter is how you lived. Trialsandtests.
17. Before you die, make you you also know where you will spend your eternity afterwards. It’s that important. Trialsandtests.
18. He who dies without Christ will be of all men the most miserable in life to come. Trialsandtests.
19. Leaving this world without Christ is the greatest catastrophic mistake one will ever make with his life. Trialsandtests.
20. We all have an appointment with the grave. Make sure you are ready to go there when the time comes to do so. Trialsandtests.
21. He who lives to the fullest now will smile when his time to live this world comes. Trialsandtests.
22. Tomorrow isn’t promised. You better start living now before it’s too late to do so. Trialsandtests.
23. Like a thief in the night, so will death come to every man. Trialsandtests.
24. From dust we came and to dust we shall all return. Trialsandtests.
25. Alone and naked you came out of your mother’s womb and likewise shall you return to the grave. Trialsandtests.
26. Don’t fear dying. Fear not living to the fullest. Trialsandtests.
27. Each and every day of your life could be your last day. So, make the most of each as it comes. Trialsandtests.
28. Dying with Christ is gain but living without Christ is loss. Trialsandtests.
29. At death, no matter how rich or poor you were, you go to the same grave. Trialsandtests.
30. Death know no class nor a respecter of persons. Trialsandtests.
31. That it will never come again is what makes life sweet. Emily Dickinson.
32. Death is not the opposite of life but part of it. Haruki Murakami.
33. Dying is only beautiful if you fulfilled your God given purpose one earth. Trialsandtests.
34. One day, your life you took for granted will flash before your eyes but the question is will it be worth watching? Trialsandtests.
35. Life as you know it will one day come to an abrupt end. So, don’t waste it on useless things with no eternal value. Trialsandtests.
36. On your dying day, it won’t matter how rich or educated you were all that will matter is how you lived. Trialsandtests.
37. When all is said and done, just make sure you won’t be that person who wish had done things differently. Trialsandtests.
38. When you leave this world, judgement will be waiting for you. So live wisely and fear the Lord by departing from iniquity. Trialsandtests.
39. We are all going to give an account of how we lived our lives when we leave this world. So don’t live carelessly as if you own your life. Trialsandtests.
40. The trouble with quotes about death is that they are made by 99.9% of people who are alive. Joshua Burns.
41. Do not go gentle in that good night. Race, rage against the dying of the light. Dylan Thomas.
42. The trouble is you think you have time. Buddha.
43. Nether fire nor wind nor death can erase our good deeds. Buddha.
44. Until death, there is nothing enough. Buddha.
45. No one can escape death and happiness. If people only expect happiness in life, the will be disappointed. Buddha.
46. Ardently do what must be done today. Who knows? Tomorrow, death comes. Buddha.
47. Do what must be done today because tomorrow isn’t guaranteed. Trialsandtests.
48. Don’t boast about tomorrow which you are not even sure of. Trialsandtests.
49. He who boasts about tomorrow which he doesn’t ‘even own will find himself greatly mistaken. Trialsandtests.
50. The best way to prepare for your dying day is to live fully now. Trialsandtests.
51. Having your name written in heaven is the greatest preparation you can make before leaving this world. Trialsandtests.
52. Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might because there is no work in the grave where you are going. Trialsandtests.
53. Live responsibly now so that you don’t bitterly regret later. Trialsandtests.
54. Death and eternity are the only certainties we all have in life. Everything else, is speculative. Trialsandtests.
55. We all know we are going to die but we pretend as if we will live forever here on earth. Trialsandtests.
56. It’s imperative that you don’t give up on your dreams because on your dying bed you will bitterly wish you didn’t. Trialsandtests.
57. Perhaps the biggest reason why we are afraid of death is we don’t know who we are. Buddha.
58. Even death isn’t feared by the one who has lived wisely. Buddha.
59. The fear of dying has no place to the one who has lived wisely and purposefully. Trialsandtests.
60. If you fear dying it’s a sign that you may not be living your purpose. Trialsandtests.
61. Our death is our wedding with eternity. Rumi.
62. Every mortal will taste death but only some will taste life. Rumi.
63. Before death takes what you are given, give away what is there to give. Rumi.
64. Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes around in another form. Rumi.
65. Death has nothing with going away. The sun set, the moon sets but they are not gone. Rumi.
These are all the inspirational death quotes I had to share with you here and hope you found them beneficial. Always remember that you will die one day as that will help you not to take your life for granted and let these dying quotes be that reminder. In closing, share these quotes if you enjoyed them. Sharing is caring. Take care.