Today in this post I will give you 60 exotic toxic relationship quotes to help you get rid of toxic relationships which are making your life a living hell.
Toxic relationships can indeed drive you nuts, drain you and leave you second-guessing yourself in the end if they go unchecked.
I know and understand that letting go of toxic relationships can be difficult due to the strong emotional attachments & bonds you may have formed with that toxic person you are in a relationship with.
But again being in a toxic & abusive relationship and hoping things will magically change is total insanity. You deserve better and it’s not your job to change people.
This is why I have carefully prepared these 60 toxic relationship quotes just for you to help you let go of all those toxic relationships you have clung to like superglue.
Over 85% of the toxic relationship quotes you will discover here are unique to this post which you won’t find elsewhere.
Why These Toxic Relationship Quotes?
Unlike similar posts on toxic relationship quotes, the quotes you will read here are based on my own observations and life experiences and re not regurgitated or a repeat of the same things.
These quotes on leaving a toxic relationship will also remind you of your value and self-worth which you must not trade for a crappy toxic relationship.
There are way better godly relationships out there waiting for you which will nourish you and help you grow into a better person you were meant to be.
Remember true love isn’t desperate and the major reason why most people stay in toxic relationships is desperation disguised as love.
With that said, let’s look at the 60 toxic relationship quotes you will ever need to free yourself and let go of toxic relationships that are just dragging you down.
60 Toxic Relationship Quotes
1. Staying clear of damaging toxic relationships is an act of self-love. Trialsandtests.
2. Investing in toxic relationships that are detrimental to your emotional health and wellbeing just brings misery in the end. Trialsandtests.
3. The hardest part of being in an emotionally abusive relationship, it’s actually admitting you’re in one. Anna Akana.
4. All toxic relationships are nothing but energy vampires which sucks all the positive energy out of you until nothing is left. Trialsandtests.
5. Letting go of a toxic relationship is hard but necessary if you love yourself and to avoid further emotional damage which might take time to heal. Trialsandtests.
6. Letting go of a toxic relationship doesn’t mean you hate that toxic person making your life a living hell it’s just that you love yourself that much and respect yourself. Trialsandtests.
7. When you let go of a toxic relationship, you give space and room for real relationships you were meant to have and deserve where you are loved, cherished, respected and treated with the dignity you deserve as a human being. Trialsandtests.
8. Sometimes, God will allow you to be in a toxic relationship briefly to remind you of how you should treat others and teach you what true love and grace mean. Trialsandtests.
9. All toxic relationships have toxic love which is terribly unhealthy, possessive and controlling in nature. Trialsandtests.
10. Any relationship which separates you from your friends, family and never allows you to freely express yourself is a toxic relationship you must stay clear of and avoid like the deadliest plague known to man. Trialsandtests.
11. Being in a toxic relationship can be likened to being in a burning building filled with thick choking smoke where you can’t breathe properly. Trialsandtests.
12. Just as you cannot breathe properly in a burning building filled with choking smoke, you can’t be yourself or freely express your true self in a toxic relationship that chokes you with its toxic noxious energy. Trialsandtests.
13. Leaving a toxic relationship is like leaving a burning building where you were trapped in thick choking smoke which is a huge sigh of relief from the toxic noxious energy found in a toxic relationship. Trialsandtests.
14. It’s better to be alone and happy than being in a toxic relationship which drains all the happiness away from you. Trialsandtests.
15. Any relationship which demands that you change your values or who you are is a toxic relationship and not worth your time. Trialsandtests.
16. You must trash and throw away all toxic relationships where you are not respected, abused in any form and loved for who you are. Trialsandtests.
17. There is a big difference between a toxic relationship and a difficult relationship. The former is usually very controlling and abusive way beyond your accepted limits while the latter isn’t abusive or controlling and within your acceptable limits. Trialsandtests.
18. Leaving a toxic relationship that does nothing but drains you is the best thing you can do to yourself if your love & value yourself. Trialsandtests.
19. Being in a toxic relationship because you love someone is an act of desperation and not love because love isn’t abusive, desperate and doesn’t hurt. Trialsandtests.
20. Anyone who claims to love you but treats you like garbage in a relationship is a scam you must avoid at all costs like a plague. Trialsandtests.
Leaving a Toxic Relationship Quotes
This subsection of our main topic will discuss quotes on leaving a toxic relationship and why it’s necessary for your personal growth and development.
21. Just because someone desires you, it doesn’t mean that he values you. Ourmindfullife.
22. Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.”Hussein Nishah.
23. When being in a toxic relationship in life at times you may have to step outside yourself, to see yourself, so you can find yourself and love yourself again. Angel Moreira.
24. All toxic relationships come to you in sheep’s clothing while being ravenous wolves on the inside ready to pounce and exploit your weakness when the time is right. Trialsandtests.
25. The thing about being in a toxic relationship is that the longer you stay, the harder it will be to get out due to the strong emotional bonds which harden over time like concrete. Trialsandtests.
26. You should never feel guilty of letting go of a toxic relationship but rather be guilty that you allowed yourself to be in that toxic relationship for too long, knowing that it was not good and beneficial to you in the long term. Trialsandtests.
27. When you know your value and self-worth, leaving a toxic relationship is as easy as drinking water because you know that you deserve better. Trialsandtests.
28. Toxic relationships are often offshoots of people coming from toxic and dysfunctional families where they were not loved or valued. Trialsandtests.
29. All toxic relationships are just a mirror image of the deep underlying issues of insecurities, hurt and unmet needs between the people involved manifested in their toxic behaviour you see. Trialsandtests.
30. A toxic relationship is needy and drains you until you have nothing left while a healthy relationship helps you grow and isn’t needy like a newborn baby crying to be breastfed by its mother. Trialsandtests.
31. You are allowed to terminate toxic relationships. You are allowed to walk away from people who hurt you. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for taking care of yourself. Tiny buddha.
32. You must learn to get up from the table when love is no longer served. Nina Simone.
33. The difference between a healthy and a toxic relationship is that people in a healthy relationship feel happy for each other’s achievements while people in a toxic relationship feel insecure or even jealous when the other gets ahead. Lifehack.
34. You can’t change someone who doesn’t see an issue in their actions. Ourmindfullife.
35. Sometimes, you need to give up on people not because you don’t care but because they don’t. Ourmindfullife.
36. In a toxic relationship, you feel lonely and isolated even if you are the two of you sleeping in the same room or sharing the same house. Trialsandtests.
37. All toxic relationships are poisonous to your emotional health and well being which you must stay clear of to avoid being poisoned by their toxic energy. Trialsandtests.
38. Just as an apple cannot fall far from the tree, all toxic relationships are accompanied by toxic arguments that are verbally and emotionally abusive in nature. Trialsandtests.
39. A healthy relationship is all about selflessly serving the other person with love and respect while a toxic relationship is all about him/her. Trialsandtests.
40. All toxic relationships start with good intentions but over time, you begin to see the hidden nasty skeletons you were not able to see which were obscured like a smokescreen by love, at first sight, you had for that relationship. Trialsandtests.
Letting Go Of Toxic Relationships Quotes
The final part of this post will discuss the letting of toxic relationships quotes to help you free yourself from any toxic relationship holding you prisoner. Stay tuned.
41. Sometimes, the best way of letting go of a toxic and abusive relationship is because your child is watching. Chris Sain Jr.
42. When people treat you like they don’t care, believe them. Word porn.
43. Whatever you do, never run back to what broke you. Frank Ocean.
44. Never let someone who contributes to a relationship so little control so much of it. Ourmindfullife.
45. A bad relationship will make you feel more alone than when you were single. kushandwizdom.
46. Using the no contact rule to abruptly end toxic and destructive relationships means that you love yourself and have high self-esteem and self-worth. Trialsandtests.
47. Only people with low self-esteem and self-worth stay in toxic relationships which they know are not good for their emotional health and well being in the long run. Trialsandtests.
48. Any relationship that draws you away from God and draws you to do evil things like immorality is the most destructive relationship coming from Satan you must avoid at all costs like a plague. Trialsandtests.
49. A healthy relationship helps you grow and brings out the best in you while a toxic relationship hinders your growth big time and fails to bring out the hidden golden gems you have in your soul but replaces it with all sorts of dramas. Trialsandtests.
50. A good relationship is like oxygen which nourishes your soul, keeps it happy and alive while a toxic relationship is like sulfur dioxide which chokes you with its negative toxic energy which eventually suffocates and kills your soul. Trialsandtests.
51. It is said that not everyone deserves a seat in your life and toxic relationships or toxic people are the biggest culprits on top of the billboard you should never allow a seat in your life. Trialsandtests.
52. If you give toxic relationships room in your life, they will contaminate and infect you like cancer with their toxic energy and before long, you will just be as toxic if not worse. Trialsandtests.
53. Some people are just not worth your time and giving them room in your life means that you have given them permission and an official license to manipulate you for their own selfish gains. Trialsandtests.
54. Beware of the heartless who makes your heartbeat quickly. They are just using your heart because theirs won’t beat. Racheal Wolchin.
55. Toxic relationships not only make us unhappy, but they also corrupt our attitudes and dispositions in ways that undermine healthier relationships and prevent us from realizing how much better things can be. Micheal Josephson.
56. Sometimes, it takes leaving a toxic relationship to put yourself in a position to be in a healthy relationship. Bryan Burden.
57. Escaping a toxic relationship can feel like breaking a piece of your heart off like a Wolf chews its legs off to escape a steel trap. Leaving is never easy but sometimes, it’s necessary to save yourself and others from dying inside. Bryant McGill.
58. God will at times allow heartbreaks and toxic behaviours in a relationship to manifest to show you that the relationship you are investing in isn’t right for you. Trialsandtests.
59. It’s partly true that some toxic relationships can change for the better if given the chance to do so but most toxic relationships are what they are, toxic just as a Leopard can’t change it’s spotted and staying in these toxic relationships hoping they will change just exposes you to further heartbreaks and emotional roller coasters Trialsandtests.
60. Leaving a toxic relationship may be hard but staying in an abusive & toxic relationship becomes a living nightmare as time goes by. Trialsandtests.
61. All toxic relationships must be quarantined just like uranium which is sealed in secure labs due to their radioactive toxic gamma energy which is dangerous to your emotional health and wellbeing. Trialsandtests.
That’s all the 60 toxic relationship quotes I had to share with you in this post and hope they will help you let go of toxic relationships.
I encourage you to pick two or three toxic relationship quotes to meditate on in your daily life in your are having a hard time letting go of abusive and toxic relationships.
You don’t have to be a slave or victim to any toxic relationship you maybe currently into. Remember your value and self-worth. Say no to abuse of any kind physical or emotional.
Yourself value and self-worth are important and if a relationship you are into fails to recognize that, kindly trash that relationship without any apologies as you deserve better.
There are way better relationships out there waiting for you which will bring joy and fulfilment to your soul if you get rid of any toxic relationship which is holding you back from wonderful & fulfilling relationships you deserve.
Don’t ever allow anyone in a relationship to treat you like trash because love doesn’t hurt and unconditionally accepts a person for who that person is.
With that said, kindly share this post with everyone you know if you enjoyed it and found it helpful. Sharing is caring. Cheers and be blessed in your relationships you find.
- 52 Exotic Toxic Friends Quotes To Help You End Toxic Friendships
- 63 Exotic Fake Relationship Quotes For Spotting Fake Relationships.
- 60 Quotes About Toxic People For Eradicating Toxic People Gracefully.
- 10 Toxic Family Quotes Which Will Help You Deal With Toxic Family Members