Today in this post I will give you 60 exotic toxic relationship quotes to help you get rid of toxic relationships which are detrimental to your wellbeing.
Toxic relationships can indeed drive you nuts, drain you and leave you second-guessing yourself in the end if they go unchecked.
I know and understand that letting go of toxic relationships can be difficult due to the strong emotional attachments & bonds you may have formed with that toxic person you are in a relationship with.
But again being in a toxic & abusive relationship and hoping things will magically change is total insanity. You deserve better and it’s not your job to change people.
This is why I have carefully prepared these 60 toxic relationship quotes just for you to help you let go of all those toxic relationships you have clung to like superglue.
Over 85% of the toxic relationship quotes you will discover here are unique to this post which you won’t find elsewhere.
What Is AToxic Relationship?
A toxic relationship is simply any relationship which is unhealthy and detrimental to your emotional & physiological wellbeing.
Usually, these types of relationships make it impossible for the two people involved to mutually support each other in a healthy way due to too much baggage found in such types of bad relationships.
These inspiring quotes on leaving a bad relationship will also remind you of your value and self-worth in your life which you must not trade for a crappy toxic relationship.
There are way better godly relationships out there waiting for you which will nourish you and help you grow into a better person you were meant to be.
Remember true love isn’t desperate and the major reason why most people stay in toxic relationships is desperation disguised as love. There is someone else out in life out there willing to truly love you for who you are
With that said, let’s look at the 60 toxic relationship quotes you will ever need to free yourself and let go of toxic relationships that are just dragging you down.
60 Quotes About Toxic Relationships
1. Staying clear of damaging unhealthy relationships is an act of self-love. Trialsandtests.
2. Investing in a bad relationship that is detrimental to your emotional health and wellbeing just brings misery in the end. Trialsandtests.
3. The hardest part of being in an emotionally abusive relationship, it’s actually admitting you’re in one. Anna Akana.
4.Any unhealthy relationship is nothing but an energy vampire which sucks all the positive energy out of you until you have nothing left. Trialsandtests.
5. Letting go of a toxic relationship is hard but necessary if you love yourself and to avoid further emotional damage which might take time to heal. Trialsandtests.
6. Letting go of a toxic relationship doesn’t mean you hate that toxic person making your life a living hell it’s just that you love yourself that much and respect yourself. Trialsandtests.
7. When you let go of a toxic relationship, you give space and room for real relationships you were meant to have and deserve where you are loved, cherished, respected and treated with the dignity you deserve as a human being. Trialsandtests.
8. Sometimes, God will allow you to be in a toxic relationship briefly to remind you of how you should treat others and teach you what true love and grace mean. Trialsandtests.
9. All toxic & abusive relationships have toxic love which is terribly unhealthy, possessive and controlling in nature. Trialsandtests.
10. Any relationship which separates you from your friends, family and never allows you to freely express yourself in a relationship you must stay clear of and avoid like the deadliest plague known to man. Trialsandtests.
11. Being in a relationship which is unhealthy can be likened to being in a burning building filled with thick choking smoke where you can’t breathe properly. Trialsandtests.
12. I love you but I have to let you go to protect myself from further harm. Trialsandtests.
13. Leaving a bad relationship is like leaving a burning building where you were trapped in thick choking smoke which is a huge sigh of relief in the end. Trialsandtests.
14. It’s better to be alone and happy than being in a relationship which drains all the happiness away from you. Trialsandtests.
15. Any relationship which demands that you change your values or who you must be avoided at all costs. Trialsandtests.
16. You must trash and throw away all relationships which are abusive in nature where you are not respected, abused in any form and loved for who you are. Trialsandtests.
17. I have serious allergies to relationships which are full of drama and don’t be surprised if I suddenly break up with you if you don’t change despite giving you many chances to do so. Trialsandtests.
18. Leaving an abuser who does nothing but drains you is the best thing you can do to yourself if your love & value yourself. Trialsandtests.
19. Being in abusive relationships because you love someone is an act of desperation and not love because love isn’t abusive, desperate and doesn’t hurt. Trialsandtests.
20. Anyone who claims to love you but treats you like garbage is a scam you must avoid at all costs like a plague. Trialsandtests.
Leaving a Toxic Relationship Quotes
21. Just because someone desires you, it doesn’t mean that he values you. Ourmindfullife.
22. Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.”Hussein Nishah.
23. Sometimes, you need to break up from bad relationships to pave way for healthier ones which will help you grow into a better person. Trialsandtests.
24. All bad relationships come to you in sheep’s clothing while being ravenous wolves on the inside ready to pounce and exploit your weakness when the time is right. Trialsandtests.
25. The thing about being in a narcissistic relationship is that the longer you stay, the harder it will be to get out due to the strong emotional bonds which harden over time like concrete. Trialsandtests.
26. I have no apologies whatsoever if I have to break up with you if you are not willing to change for the better and grow with me despite giving you many chances to do so. Trialsandtests.
27. When you know your value and self-worth, leaving bad relationships is as easy as drinking water because you know that you deserve better. Trialsandtests.
28. Unhealthy relationships are often offshoots of people coming from toxic and dysfunctional families where they were not loved or valued. Trialsandtests.
29. All toxic relationships are just a mirror image of the deep underlying issues of insecurities, hurt and unmet needs between the people involved manifested in their toxic behaviour you see. Trialsandtests.
30. A dysfunctional relationship is needy and drains you until you have nothing left while a healthy one helps you grow and isn’t needy like a newborn baby crying to be breastfed by its mother. Trialsandtests.
31. You are allowed to terminate toxic relationships. You are allowed to walk away from people who hurt you. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for taking care of yourself. Tiny buddha.
32. You must learn to get up from the table when love is no longer served. Nina Simone.
33. I have no time for relationships which are nothing but drama hotspots just there to drag me down and hinder me from growing. Trialsandtests.
34. You can’t change someone who doesn’t see an issue in their actions. Ourmindfullife.
35. Sometimes, you need to give up on people not because you don’t care but because they don’t. Ourmindfullife.
36. In a dysfunctional relationship, you feel lonely and isolated even if you are the two of you sleeping in the same room or sharing the same house. Trialsandtests.
37. All unhealthy relationships is poisonous to your emotional health and well being which you must stay clear of to avoid being poisoned by their toxic energy. Trialsandtests.
38. Just as an apple cannot fall far from the tree, narcissistic relationships are accompanied by toxic arguments that are verbally and emotionally abusive in nature. Trialsandtests.
39. A healthy relationship is all about selflessly serving the other person with love and respect while a dysfunctional one is all about the other person. Trialsandtests.
40. All toxic and narcissistic relationships start with good intentions but over time, you begin to see the hidden nasty skeletons you were not able to see which were obscured by love, at first sight, you had for that relationship. Trialsandtests.
41. Sometimes, the best way to leave a toxic and abusive relationship is because your child is watching. Chris Sain Jr.
42. When people treat you like they don’t care, believe them. Word porn.
43. Whatever you do, never run back to what broke you. Frank Ocean.
44. Never let someone who contributes to a relationship so little control so much of it. Ourmindfullife.
45. A bad relationship will make you feel more alone than when you were single. kushandwizdom.
46. Using the no contact rule to abruptly end toxic and destructive relationships means that you love yourself and have high self-esteem and self-worth. Trialsandtests.
47. Only people with low self-esteem and self-worth stay in abusive relationships which they know are not good for their emotional health and well being in the long run. Trialsandtests.
48. Any relationship that draws you away from God and draws you to do evil things like immorality must be avoided like a plate asap. Trialsandtests.
49. A healthy relationship helps you grow and brings out the best in you while unhealthy relationships hinder your growth big time and fail to bring out the hidden golden gems you have in your soul but replace it with all sorts of dramas. Trialsandtests.
50. I have no time for relationships which bring nothing but drama but only relationships which will help me grow into the best version of myself. If you can’t meet those standards, you better go. Trialsandtests.
51. It’s ok to pull the plug on all kinds of relationships which don’t help you grow but are just there to drag you down with their toxic energy or drama. Trialsandtests.
52. I broke up with you not because I didn’t love you but I did it to protect my dignity & emotional wellbeing. Trialsandtests.
53. Some people are just not worth your time and giving them room in your life means that you have given them permission and an official license to manipulate you for their own selfish gains. Trialsandtests.
54. Beware of the heartless who makes your heartbeat quickly. They are just using your heart because theirs won’t beat. Racheal Wolchin.
55. Toxic relationships not only make us unhappy, but they also corrupt our attitudes and dispositions in ways that undermine healthier relationships and prevent us from realizing how much better things can be. Micheal Josephson.
56. Sometimes, it takes leaving a toxic & controlling relationship to put yourself in a position to be in a healthy relationship. Bryan Burden.
57. Escaping an abusive relationship can feel like breaking a piece of your heart off like a Wolf chews its legs off to escape a steel trap. Leaving is never easy but sometimes, it’s necessary to save yourself and others from dying inside. Bryant McGill.
58. God will at times allow heartbreaks and toxic behaviours in relationships to manifest to show you that the relationship you are investing in isn’t right for you. Trialsandtests.
59. Some relationships are just not meant for you which is why such relationships are usually toxic and unhealthy for you to invest your time in. Trialsandtests.
60. Leaving a narcissistic relationship may be hard but staying in one becomes a living nightmare as time goes by. Trialsandtests.
That’s all the 60 toxic relationship quotes I had to share with you in this post and hope they will help you let go of any bad relationship you may be clinging to like super glue
You don’t have to be a slave or victim to any bad relationships you maybe currently into. Remember your value and self-worth. Say no to abuse of any kind physical or emotional.
Yourself value and self-worth are important and if a relationship you are into fails to recognize that, kindly trash that relationship for someone else way better without any apologies as you deserve better.
Don’t ever allow anyone in a relationship to treat you like trash because love doesn’t hurt and unconditionally accepts a person for who that person is.
With that said, kindly share this post with everyone you know if you enjoyed it and found it helpful. Sharing is caring. Cheers and be blessed in your relationships you find.
- 52 Exotic Toxic Friends Quotes To Help You End Toxic Friendships
- 63 Exotic Fake Relationship Quotes For Spotting Fake Relationships.
- 60 Quotes About Toxic People For Eradicating Toxic People Gracefully.
- 10 Toxic Family Quotes Which Will Help You Deal With Toxic Family Members