Here is a collection of 51 toxic relationship quotes to give you the courage to leave any toxic relationship you may be in.
Being in a toxic relationship or bad relationship can be one of the most emotionally damaging things one can do to oneself and can be very hard to break free from.
If you are in a bad relationship, which is killing you slowly, these 51 toxic relationship quotes will give you the needed courage to leave any toxic relationship holding you hostage.
51 Toxic Relationship Quotes To Give You Closure.
1. Being alone is a million times better than being with someone who makes your life miserable. Trialsandtests.
2. It’s not your job to fix a person who isn’t willing to change for the better but is only interested in making you miserable just like he/she is. Trialsandtests.com.
3. It’s better to be healthy alone than to be sick with someone else. Dr Phil.
4. We teach people how to treat us. Dr Phil.
5. Being in a toxic relationship can be the loneliest thing in this world. Trialsandtests.
6. If it’s hurting and making you miserable, just know that isn’t love at all. Trialsandtests.
7. Possessive love is the name of the game in a toxic relationship. Trialsandtests.
8. Remove yourself from people who treat you like your time doesn’t matter like your feelings are worthless, or like your soul is replaceable. S. Mcnutt.
9. If they do it often, it’s not a mistake; it’s just their behaviour. Dr Steve Maraboli.
10. Leaving a bad relationship is one of the best things you can do for yourself if you truly love yourself. Trialsandtests.
11. True love doesn’t hurt. If it does, then that can’t be true love. Trialsandtests.
12. The only thing worse than being in a bad relationship for one year is being in it for a year than a day. Dr Phil.
13. There is no virtue in tolerating toxic behaviour. Dr Phil.
14. You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. Joel Osteen.
15. Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got. Robert Brault.
16. The moment you begin to realize that this relationship is unhealthy for you in the long run, it definitely is. Trialsandtests.
17. You can’t proudly say you are in a healthy relationship when you are actually a prisoner in there. Trialsandtests.
18. Being held hostage by an unhealthy relationship is much worse than being in a physical prison. Trialsandtests.
19. It’s ok to break up with someone whose intent is to make your life a living hell on earth. Trialsandtests.
20. You are not a doormat. Stop allowing your so-called lover to treat you like dirt in the name of love. Trialsandtests.
21. He who understands what self-love is won’t allow him/herself to be treated like trash. Trialsandtests.
22. To leave a bad relationship with full closure, you must first understand what you are worth to avoid getting back. Trialsandtests.
23. If you are disrespected and abused, it’s time to say goodbye. Trialsandtests.
24. Leaving a bad and dysfunctional relationship is like a breath of fresh air. Trialsandtests.
25. If you know you deserve better, don’t justify abuse in the name of love which doesn’t even exist at all. Trialsandtests.
26. If they can’t make you shine like the sun, shine alone. For the sun needs nothing external to shine. Trialsandtests.
27. You are not mandated to set yourself on fire to keep someone warm who has no desire to be kept warm in the first place. Trialsandtests.
28. There are people who bring you down by just being with them. Malebo Sephodi.
29. You create more space in your life when you turn your excess baggage into garbage. Chlnonye J Chidolue.
30. Never allow anyone to hurt you a second time. If they love you, they won’t hurt you again. Trialsandtests.
31. In a toxic relationship, love is just a mere word, that’s it. Trialsandtests.
32. Let bad relationships drop like dead leaves from a tree for they are of no use to you. Trialsandtests.
33. A healthy relationship won’t isolate you from your loved ones but a toxic one will do just that, big time. Trialsandtests.
34. You don’t have to let that one thing be the thing that defines you. Jojo Moyes.
35. And I am dying to know it’s killing you like it’s killing me. Taylor Swift.
36. If a partner you are in a relationship with is toxic, it just shows that there are deep underlying unresolved issues with that person. Trialsandtests.
37. A toxic relationship is simply a manifestation of the deep-rooted unresolved hurt, anger and resentment between the two parties involved. Trialsandtests.
38. Like some wine, our love could neither mature nor travel. Graham Greene.
39. It was strange, really. A couple of months ago, I had thought I couldn’t leave without him. Apparently, I could. Gabrielle Zevin.
40. Girls, you gotta know when it’s time to turn the page. Tori Amos.
41. What we wait around a lifetime with one person, we can find in a moment with someone else. Stephanie Kleine.
42. If she disrespects you, just know that woman has no part in sharing your life with you. Trialsandtests.
43. Love doesn’t mean that you must let yourself to be abused or treated like dirt. Trialsandtests.
44. Have no business in dealing with dysfunctional relationships if you want healthy relationships you deserve in your life. Trialsandtests.
45. If he verbally, physically & emotionally abuses you, just know that isn’t the man you must give and surrender your heart to. Trialsandtests.
46. Sometimes, distancing yourself from a toxic partner gives you the clarity you need which you never had when you were with that person. Trialsandtests.
47. How can you say you love me when you abuse me and treat me like a doormat? Trialsandtests.
48. If you keep going back to that abusive relationship you vowed never to return, you need serious self-love therapy. Trialsandtests.
49. In a bad relationship, you always be an option but in a good relationship, you will always be a top priority, no matter what. Trialsandtests.
50. Never feel guilty if you have to dump a toxic relationship for the sake of your emotional wellbeing. Trialsandtests.
51. You can’t expect love from someone who is broken and has unresolved past hurt, resentment and anger which was never dealt with during early childhood. Trialsandtests.
These are the 51 toxic relationship quotes I had to share with you in this post and I hope you found them useful.
Let these quotes about toxic relationships you have read here give you the needed courage to break free from an unhealthy relationship that has held you captive for a long time.
Signing out, if you enjoyed these quotes and found them helpful, kindly share them with others as they will find them useful. Sharing is caring.