Today in this post, you will discover 50 exotic toxic family members quotes to help you handle troublesome toxic family members who want to make your life difficult.
Dealing with toxic family members can be difficult indeed as these people are closest to you not only physically but by blood also. As you know, blood is thicker than water.
Implying, the bonds we have with family members is one of the strongest of any kind far surpassing even the bonds we have with our closest dear friends.
Consequently, when family members become toxic, it becomes very challenging to deal with them due to the close bonds we have with them by blood.
Unlike friends whom we can just trash and throw by the wayside if they become toxic or no longer adding value to our lives, with toxic family members we know for so long, it isn’t so.
Toxic family members often include sisters, brothers, parents, uncles, and anyone related to your family who usually causes drama in the family.
This article, however, will give you the top 50 toxic family members quotes which will help you deal with toxic family members with Godly love and wisdom without losing yourself in the process.
With that said, let’s look at the 50 quotes about toxic family relationships to help you deal with negative and toxic family members without any confrontations or outbursts.
Top 50 Toxic Family Members Quotes
Here are the 50 toxic family members quotes you have been waiting for to help you handle those troublesome family members in your family giving you drama.
1. See, I think there are roads that lead us to each other. But in my family, there were no roads – just underground tunnels. I think we all got lost in those underground tunnels. No, not lost. We just lived there. Benjamin Alire.
2. Dysfunctional families always have trust issues and strife in them which makes them the way they are. Trialsandtests.
3. Dysfunctionality in the family happens when love, respect, and unity stop being the centre in the family. Trialsandtests.
4. Disunity, selfishness, resentment, lack of love, disrespect and jealousy are the genesis of a dysfunctional family. Trialsandtests.
5. Just as there can’t be smoke without fire, all dysfunctional families have deep underlying causes which makes them dysfunctional in the first place. Trialsandtests.
6. The only way you can win the raging war with toxic and argumentative family members is simply not to play or engage in their toxic arguments. Trialsandtests.
7. Dysfunctional families can be very damaging emotionally and leave deep scars and wounds which can take years to fully heal. Trialsandtests.
8. A family can be the bane of one’s existence. A family can also be most of the meaning of one’s existence. I don’t know whether my family is bane or meaning, but they have surely gone away and left a large hole in my heart. Keri Hulme.
9. We don’t get to choose our family, but we can choose our friends. With courage, we can weed out narcissistic people. We can focus on those who do appreciate us, love us, and treat us with respect. Dana Arcuri.
10. The only way to be free and fully heal from the hurt and harm your dysfunctional family caused you is to forgive them and move on with your life. Trialsandtests.
11. The best way of defeating dysfunctional family members is by love and compassion and not by hate, resentment and angry confrontations or outbursts. Trialsandtests.
12. Love is the greatest weapon you have at your disposal which you can use to defeat toxic and abusive family members. Trialsandtests.
13. A single loyal friend is worth more than a house full of pesky relatives. William E Lewis Jr.
14. The most loving parents and relatives commit murder with smiles on their faces. They force us to destroy the person we really are: a subtle kind of murder. Jim Morrison.
15. A single loyal friend is a thousand times better than 1000 toxic and abusive relatives who hide their true colours behind fake smiles. Trialsandtests.
16. Sometimes dysfunctional family members come to you in sheep’s clothing while being ravenous Wolves on the inside ready to pounce on you when the time is right. Trialsandtests.
17. Deep-rooted unresolved anger, resentment, envy, and hate is the breeding ground of a dysfunctional family. Trialsandtests.
18. Sowing seeds of love is key if you want to end the dysfunctional and toxic cycle which has plagued and contaminated your family members. Trialsandtests.
19. Dysfunctional families can also heal and love each other even more than normal families if seeds of bitterness, jealousy, hate, anger, and disunity are completely removed and replaced with love, compassion, unity, and understanding as no family is perfect or without flaws. Trialsandtests.
20. Satan is the source of a dysfunctional family because he knows the formidable power that a united family has. He, therefore, sows seeds of division and hatred in the family to weaken it. Trialsandtests.
21. A dysfunctional family is any family with more than one person in it. Mary Karr.
22. If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance. George Bernard Shaw.
23. The human race is one big dysfunctional family. Robert Barron.
24. All dysfunctional families have hidden skeletons which later manifest in the form of abusive behaviour, emotional abuse rage, and hate. Trialsandtests.
25. When skeletons shaking in the closets of dysfunctional families come out in public, things go downhill pretty quick. Trialsandtests.
Quotes About Toxic Family Relationships
This subsection of our main topic will now give you the remaining 25 quotes about toxic family relationships and their characteristics. Stay tuned.
26. Weddings are never about the bride and groom, weddings are public platforms for dysfunctional families. Lisa Kleypas.
27. A dysfunctional family if not checked or taken care of can eventually lead you to insanity and eventually suicide. Trialsandtests.
28. Toxic and dysfunctional families make the devil happy because families who are full of love and unity make him develop headaches and stomach ulcers. He will, therefore, do everything in his power to make family members hate and resent each other. Trialsandtests.
29. Dysfunctional families often make children who grew up in them have relationship problems in the future if those scars and wounds inflicted on them in their childhood are not healed and taken care of. Trialsandtests.
30. Emotionally abusive partners in relationships often come from dysfunctional families where they were emotionally and physically abused which affected their mind in some way. Trialsandtests.
31. The negative toxic energy from toxic family members is like acid which can only be neutralized with love, compassion, and understanding. Trialsandtests.
32. Emotionally, physical and verbally abusive relationships and marriages are generally offshoots of dysfunctional families where a person came from. Trialsandtests.
33. Dysfunctional and toxic families sow seeds of bitterness, resentment, and hatred which are further manifested in toxic relationships and marriages. Trialsandtests.
34. You don’t have to be a victim of a dysfunctional family you came from. You can always turn the tide and be an example and positive change that others in similar situations to yours will follow. Trialsandtests.
35. Unlike toxic friends, toxic relationships and toxic co-workers who you can just simply throw by the wayside when they become toxic, you can’t just throw or cut out a toxic family member as they are closest to you by blood but you can distance from them temporarily to cool things off. Trialsandtests.
36. The toxicity which comes from toxic family members is usually a result of their own hidden insecurities, and drama going on in their lives. Trialsandtests.
37. Dysfunctional family members are not necessarily bad people so to speak but they may not be the right people for you to be will all the time especially if they are too toxic for you to be around them without any drama from them. Trialsandtests.
38. Never excuse the toxic behaviour of toxic family members. If you do so, you are giving them permission to abuse and manipulate you so that they can get whatever they want from you like preferential treatment. Trialsandtests.
39. Unhealthy families discourage individual expression. Everyone must conform to the thoughts and actions of toxic parents. They promote fusion, a blurring of personal boundaries, a welding together of family members. On an unconscious level, it is hard for family members to know where one ends and another begins. In their efforts to be close, they often suffocate one another’s individuality. Susan Forward.
40. Many toxic parents compare one sibling unfavourably with another to make the target child feel that he’s not doing enough to gain parental affection. This motivates the child to do whatever the parents want in order to regain their favour. This divide-and-conquer technique is often unleashed against children who become a little too independent, threatening the balance of the family system. Susan Forward.
41. The family drama may look and sound different from generation to generation, but all toxic patterns are remarkably similar in their outcome: pain and suffering. Susan Forward.
42. You don’t have to carry on the legacy that toxic and dysfunctional family members may have carried from their previous generations. You can always break that toxic cycle and heal from the toxic legacy and the effects it had on you when you were growing up. Trialsandtests.
43. No one wants to be born in a dysfunctional family where hate and resentment reign supreme but we cannot choose our family we came from but we can choose not to be victims. Trialsandtets.
44. You never chose to be born in an abusive and dysfunctional family but you can choose not to carry on their toxic legacy of your toxic and dysfunctional family members. Trialsandtests.
45. Toxic family members must not be the reason why you should neglect yourself or lower your self-esteem to their substandard level. Trialsandtests.
46. Toxic family members have no power to take away your happiness with their toxic and abrasive behaviour unless you allow them to do so. Trialsandtests.
47. In the worst-case scenario when all has failed to reconcile with your toxic and dysfunctional family members, the best solution, in this case, is to let them go for good if they truly love you they will come back to you and eradicate their toxic behaviour which separated you in the first place. Trialsandtests.
48. Never allow any toxic family member to control and manipulate you with their toxic behaviour so as to get what they want. Trialsandtests.
49. Saying goodbyes to toxic and abusive family members isn’t easy but it’s what you may need to be free and embark on your journey to healing from the deep wounds and scars they have left you with. Trialsandtests.
50. If you have been severy abused by toxic and narcissist family members in any area, you must visit a licensed therapist or counsellor to help you recover and heal from grievous wounds they inflicted on you with their relentless abuse. If you don’t those wounds won’t heal and will continue eating you alive as long as you live. Trialsandtests.
There you have it, 60 toxic family members quotes which will help you calmly deal with toxic family members in your family who are making your life a living hell with love & understanding.
I encourage you to meditate and apply these quotes about toxic family relationships you have read in this post in your life to help you handle troublesome family members who want to make your life difficult with love and understanding.
The best way to deal with toxic family members in your life is praying for them and sending them sweet unconditional love on your part.
Anger and vicious confrontations aren’t necessary as you can’t fight fire with fire even if your family members are toxic, they are still your family regardless.
Yes, at times you may need to distance yourself from certain verbally abusive family members who want to destroy your life.
All you can do in such a situation is to pray for them so that their eyes are opened for them to realize that what they are doing is wrong.
If you found this post beneficial and helpful, kindly share it with everyone you know as they will benefit as well. As you know, sharing is caring indeed. Be blessed.