Today in this post, you will discover 45 toxic parents quotes which will help you deal with toxic parents who are making your life a living hell.
Toxic parents with their toxic abusive behaviour can indeed pose a huge threat to the emotional stability, growth and development of any child.
For this reason, you need to learn how you can safeguard yourself from the onslaught of any toxic parent in a loving way without any bitter confrontations, outbursts and anger.
And these quotes on toxic parents or rather toxic parents quotes will give you the wisdom you need to deal with toxic parents in a graceful manner without being a victim.
Why These Toxic Parents Quotes?
These quotes on toxic parents in this post will give you the courage and wisdom to stand up to their toxic behaviour without being disrespectful or confrontational.
Remember, though your parents may be toxic, you still need to love and respect them even though they don’t deserve your love.
Respecting your parents whether toxic or not attracts divine blessings from above as it is a commandment from the bible which can be done from a safe distance if necessary.
Having said that, let’s look at the 50 exotic toxic parents quotes to help you spot toxic parents from 100s of miles away so that you aren’t caught off guard in their mayhem and drama.
Other related articles for you to read to this one.
- 10 Toxic Family Quotes Which Will Help You Deal With Toxic Family Members
- 61 Toxic Relationship Quotes For Ending Toxic Relationships Gracefully
- Toxic Family Dynamics and Characteristics and How to Calmly Handle Them
45 Toxic Parents Quotes
Here are 45 toxic parents quotes I carefully prepared for you to help you deal with toxic parents respectful and in love without being verbally disrespectful to them.
1. Dysfunctional parents let their children know how burdened they have been by their children and how many sacrifices they had to make in order to raise them. Dr Marita Sirota.
2. No child should ever have to bear the burden of parenting their own parents. To toxic parents, you existed to serve them all the time. Kim Saeed.
3. In a normal family situation, parents concern about how their children are doing, what they are feeling. Narcissist parents don’t care about their children’s feelings at all. Only their feelings matter. Kim Saeed.
4. Toxic parents are a threat to the growth and emotional wellbeing of their children due to their toxic energy which contaminates their children. Trialsandtests.
5. Healthy parents provide a healthy environment for their children to grow and develop fully into people they were meant to be while toxic parents provide a very unhealthy environment which keeps their children from growing into better versions of themselves. Trialsandtests.
6. All toxic parents have toxic love which is possessive and controlling which hinders their children from fully expressing their true individuality. Trialsandtests.
7. Toxic parents are the root cause of all dysfunctional families because the fish rots first at its head. Trialsandtests.
8. All good parents put their children’s needs first while toxic parents do the exact opposite and proudly claim to be a good parent when in reality, they are not but selfish indeed. Trialsandtests.
9. In troubled families, abuse and neglect are permitted. It’s talking about them that is forbidden. Marcia Sirota.
10. I learned a long time ago that it’s not our fault if our parents are monsters. We can’t take responsibility for that, or we’re twice damaged. All we can do is try to go forward in a different way. Cinda Williams Chima.
11. Adult children of toxic parents have an especially difficult time with their anger because they grew up in families where emotional expression was discouraged. Anger was something only parents had the privilege of displaying. Susan Forward.
12. You don’t have to carry on the legacy of your toxic parents with you. You can always break that vicious cycle and start living happily and freely again for your future family and children. Trialsandtests.
13. Manipulation and control are to favourite weapons toxic parents often use on their children which they usually justify in the name of love. Trialsandtests.
14. Your toxic parent may charm the pants off perfect strangers, your friends and more distant relatives. All of which just appears to make you out the bad guy. The bright hill lanterns.
15. Many children of toxic parents find it exceptionally difficult to identify who they are once they grow up. JR Thorpe.
16. Most adult children of toxic parents grew up feeling tremendous confusion about what love means and how it’s supposed to feel. Their parents did extremely unloving things to them in the name of love. Dr Susan Forward.
17. Toxic parenting leaves scars. Every child deserves good parenting. It is a parental responsibility, not a privilege. TCMD.
18. You can’t control the toxic behaviour toxic parents exhibit towards you but you can choose to set boundaries of what can be allowed in your life or how you want to be treated. Trialsandtests.
19. Sometimes, using the no contact is the best way neutralizing the toxicity your toxic parents may have as it will awaken their senses that what they are doing to you is wrong. Trialsandtests.
20. Toxic parents will make you second guess yourself by stripping away your self-worth and self-esteem. Trialsandtests.
21. Narcissist parents tend to dislike their child’s spouse and will constantly try to interfere with the relationship. This is because they feel threatened by their spouse and see their control of the child slipping away. Tina Fuller.
22. A narcissist parent is easily frustrated by a healthy independent child that they can’t control through parental emotional manipulation. Shannon Thomas.
23. Narcissists make horrible parents, therefore, make horrible grandparents. Please be sure to protect your children. They will try to instil the same false and distorted beliefs in your children as they did to you. Tina Fuller.
24. Children with narcissist parents usually fall into of 3 categories; conformer (usually the golden child), rebel (fights back for their individualism), and runner (gets away from parents/minimal contact). Tina Fuller.
25. They are not sorry for harming you. So, don’t feel guilty for cutting them off. You have the right to protect yourself from people who are toxic to you even if they are family members. They already had their chance and showed their true colours over and over. John Mark Green.
Quotes On Toxic Parents
Quotes on toxic parents to help you stay clear of their destructive toxic behaviour or energy which is harmful to your emotional health and well being.
26. Narcissist parents want total control. Take back your control. If possible, don’t accept any money, favour, items or anything from them. They will only use this as an opportunity to manipulate/guilt you later or as proof of the sacrifices they have made for you. Tina Fuller.
27. The toxic parent sees the child as a threat to their own ego and having the child overshadow the parent is not an option in their mind. Shannon Thomas.
28. Narcissist parents do not know their children; they aren’t interested in what they have to say unless it affects them. Tina Fuller.
29. Some narcissist parents appear to be protective of their children. Don’t be fooled. this is not because they care about the child. It is done under the guise of caring but it is actually how they maintain control over the child. Tina Fuller.
30. The hateful and stinging words of a narcissistic parent can linger in the mind of an adult child long after the adult has left home. Shannon Thomas.
31. Nobody plays the parental alienation card quicker than the abusive parent who’s lost control over the survivor’s mind. E.S.
32. A narcissistic parent will provoke an independent child to anger in order to feel superior and prove the child’s flaws. Shannon Thomas.
33. A child’s shoulders were not built to bear the weight of their parent’s choices. Toby Mac.
34. When you grieve toxic, abusive parents, you don’t just grieve the abuse, you grieve everything you didn’t have. Lily Hope Lucario.
35. I have a gaping painful hole in my soul where good, loving parents and a normal, safe childhood should have been. Lily Hope Lucario.
36. The toxicity that comes from toxic parents is often the result of their own unmet needs, insecurities they have which they project on their children to find solace. Trialsandtests.
37. Sometimes, toxic parents are also better loved from a distance to avoid further physiological & emotional damage from their toxic and abusive behaviour. Trialsandtests.
38. You can’t change the toxic behaviour of your toxic parents which is their responsibility to do so. All you can do in this situation is to pray for them so that they have a change of heart and realize that what they are doing is wrong and hurtful to you in the long term. Trialsandtests.
39. Just as you can’t have fire without smoke, verbal, physical, emotional abuses and all sorts of dramas are always present in the houses ruled by toxic parents. Trialsandtests.
40. Toxic parents often blame their children for their abusive, toxic and immature behaviour as a way of covering their tracks so that they don’t look bad. Trialsandtests.
41. Good parents provide safe and secure homes where children are glad to come back to while toxic parents, on the other hand, provide unstable, unsafe and insecure homes which make children prefer to live on the streets to living in their own homes contaminated with the toxic energy of their toxic and abusive parents. Trialsandtests.
42. Unstable and dysfunctional homes are offshoots of the toxic and narcissist parents ruling them. Trialsandtests.
43. Never argue with your toxic parents which is disrespectful on their part because they are always right anyway in their own minds and trying to argue with them will just expose you to their corrosive anger and verbal assaults which are like sharp spears. Trialsandtests.
44. Your parents may be toxic but you need to love and respect them as your biological parents who had just the right gene combination to have you but at the same time, don’t allow their toxicity or drama to contaminate you in the process of trying to love them. You can always set healthy boundaries for the sake of your emotional health and wellbeing. Trialsandtests.
45. Toxic parents need healthy boundaries in place so as to keep their explosive radioactive toxic behaviour and energy from getting out of hand like an uncontrolled nuclear bomb explosion. Trialsandtests.
There you have it, 45 toxic parents’ quotes which I had to share with you in this post and hope you enjoyed them.
If you are having a hard time dealing with your toxic parents who are making your life difficult, kindly pick two or three quotes on toxic parent in this post to memorize and meditate on.
I also encourage you to pray for them so that their heart is transformed. All that your toxic parents need is salvation.
Yes, it’s possible for your toxic parents to change into beautiful loving parents you have never known for a long time if you trust the Lord to work on their hearts and toxic behaviour.
Always remember, you don’t have to be the victim of the toxic behaviour displayed by your toxic parents. You can always choose to be positive and kind.
With that said, kindly share this post with everyone you know who is having a hard time dealing with toxic parents as it will be of great help to them. Sharing is caring. Cheers.
- 60 Quotes About Toxic People For Eradicating Toxic People Gracefully.
- 51 Exotic Quotes About Negative People – [Negative People Quotes]
- 52 Exotic Toxic Friends Quotes To Help You End Toxic Friendships