This post contains a list of parents quotes, quotes for parents & quotes about parenting to help you love, respect and value your parents & parents to value their children.
Parents are the most impotent people you will ever have here one earth outside heaven & are the only people will truly love you unconditionally & always be with you.
Sadly, most children of this generation have lost respect for their parents and treat them as if they are their friends or age mates. this ought not to be so.
With that said, here are the 30 parents quotes & quotes for parents to teach you to love and respect your parents & for parents to value their children.
30 Sweet Quotes About Parents
Here are 30 soothing quotes about parents for rebellious children out there to remind them that parents deserve our respect for what they have done for us, children.
1. No other person outside heaven will ever love you the way your parents love you. Trialsandtests.com.
True indeed, one other person here on earth can ever love you the way your biological parents love you especially your mother.
With that in mind, always be grateful for the unconditional love your parents show you by respecting and appreciating them in return.
2. Love from parents is pure and unconditional surpassing any love you will ever receive elsewhere. Trialsandtests.com.
Similar to the above quote about parents, these parents quote also tells us that love which comes from parents is pure, unconditional without any ulterior motives.
Unlike the love you may receive from others like your friends which often has hidden motives and strings attached, your parent’s love is free from that.
3. Your parents deserve your respect as they have sacrificed so much for you that no other person can do which you take for granted. Trialsandtests.com.
The above quote is one of the best parents quotes rebellious children of nowadays need to hear and read who have lost respect for their parents.
Honestly, why should you rebel towards your parents who brought you here, sacrificed so much for you unconditionally and took care of you? If you are such a child, please stop it.
4. When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth. Mitch Albom.
The above quote on parents could not be further from the truth. If you are a daughter, you know what I am talking about.
Indeed, a mothers’ love is one of the purest love a child can receive here on earth even more so than the father as moms go through a lot just to bring a new life here on earth.
5. A father’s goodness is higher than the mountain, a mother’s goodness deeper than the sea. Japanese Proverb.
Indeed, the goodness, which comes from your father, will always be higher than the highest mountain in this world that is if your father is loving and responsible.
In addition, your loving mother’s goodness will always be deeper than the deepest sea in this world. Kudus to all loving parents out there who go beyond for their children’s wellbeing.
6. No matter how far we come, our parents are always in us. Brad Meltzer.
The above quote about parents tells us that our parents will always be in our heart no matter how far we go and come.
Even if you live very distant from them, they are always with you in your heart compared to other people life friends whom we may leave and forget after some time.
7. The older you get the more you realize that parents are your only true and faithful besties who will be with you no matter what. Trialsandtests.com.
If you have gone past your early twenties, you know what I am talking about as you discover many of your so-called friends are nothing but shadows in your life & fake indeed.
But with loving parents, this isn’t the case as they will be with you and never abandon you no matter what even if your so-called fake friends or besties abandon you out of the blue.
8. He who disrespects his parents is a cursed child and shall not live to have good days here on earth. Trialsandtests.com.
Of all the parents quotes discussed so far, if you are rebellious towards your parents as you are reading this, let this quote be a warning to you, please.
You won’t be blessed or have good days in your life if you are disrespectful towards your parents. Stop it if you have been doing so and apologize to them before it’s too late.
9. If you want to live a long life full of blessings, respect and honour your parents as they are your second god on earth. Trialsandtests.com.
Similar to the above quotes about parents discussed earlier, this saying tells all the children out there that if they respect their parents, they will live long lives.
Not only that, but their lives will also be filled with blessings from above and from parents as well. So, honour them, as they are your second god on earth.
10. Appreciate your parents when they are alive by treating them with love and respect even though you make disagree with them on some issues because when they die, it will be too late to show them the love you must have shown when they were alive. Trialsandtests.com.
True indeed, respect your parents and be grateful for what they have done for you even if you may disagree with them on some issues, which is natural as you grow up.
When your parents you may be belittling or disrespecting now die, it will be too late to show them love and all that you will be left with are bitter regrets. Don’t be a foolish child, please.
11. There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So, just be the real one. Sue Atkins.
The above quote is one of the best quotes for parents out there who think are not good enough or have what it takes to be a good parent.
If you such a parent, remember, there is no perfect parent here on earth. Just do your best and if your kids sincerely love you, they will be grateful for the little you do for them.
12. You never know how much your parents loved you until you have a child to love. Jennifer Hudson.
That parent quote above couldn’t be further from the truth especially for children of nowadays who don’t want to be corrected by their parents.
If you are such a child, wait until you have your own kids and you will realize that your parents did what they did out of love not because they hated you as you erroneously assumed.
13. My heroes are and were my parents. I can’t see having anyone else as my heroes. Michael Jordan.
Parents are your great heroes on earth you can ever have due to the great sacrifices they made for you and me to be where we are not even though we take them for granted at times.
There will be no greater hero in this world than your loving and caring parents who will always be on your side though you mess up. Be thankful to them for that heroism.
14. A parent’s love is whole no matter how many times divided. Robert Brault.
Your parents will always love you completely no matter what though you may disappoint them at times but they will still love you.
Therefore, don’t spit on your parent’s unconditional love which you can’t even get from your so-called besties by being disrespectful or rebellious towards them. It hurts them deeply.
15. A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone. Billy Graham.
The above quote by Billy Graham relates to all the other quotes about parents earlier discussed talking about disrespectful and rebellious accursed children.
Disrespectful children will never respect anyone in society or their future spouses due to their learned prideful & stubborn behaviour exhibited on their parents at home.
- 45 Exotic Toxic Parents Quotes To Help You Handle Toxic Parents Gracefully.
- 75 Toxic Mother Quotes For Handling Toxic Mothers Gracefully
- 50 ExoticToxic Family Members Quotes For Dealing With Toxic Families
16. Being a parent is a privilege and blessing most people wish they had. So, if you are a parent out there, thank God for giving you such a blessing. Trialsandtests.com.
If you are a parent reading this, the above saying is for you reminding you to be thankful for being a parent as most people aren’t so fortunate.
A lot of people out there want to have the children you may be despising or complaining about. So, be grateful for the children you have as there is no perfect child in this world.
17. Your parents love you more than your so-called best friends. So, respect them and don’t yell to them like they are your age mates. Reserve that for your friends. Trialsandtests.com.
Rebellious and stubborn children out there, this quote is for you telling you to learn to respect your parents as they are not your friends or age mate to yell at.
If you do that as a child, you must be ashamed of your nasty behaviour and go and apologize to them as the parent you are yelling at love you more than any friends you will ever have.
18. Rebellion is the worst thing a child can give to his parents after all the unconditional sacrifices parents made for that ungrateful child. If you such a child, please stop this evil towards your parents whose unconditional love you are abusing. Trialsandtests.com.
True indeed, rebellion is the greatest ungrateful thing you can do to your parents who brought you into this world & gave you the life you are boasting about.
If you are such a child, you are not in the right state of your mind and you must change if you want a blessing from your parents and above to be in your life.
19. The only person you should love more than your earthly parents is God who is a perfect parent and who can’t forsake you even if your earthly parents do so. Trialsandtests.com.
Of all the parents quotes discussed so far, this quote is the one I want you to pay particular attention to especially for those who have been forsaken or neglected by their own parents.
Even if your earthy parents forsake you, there is a perfect parent that will never forsake you no matter what who is God you must love more than your earthly parents.
20. As a child, you owe it to your parents for the unconditional love and the way they put up with your silliness which your friends can’t do. Trialsandtests.com.
If you have good parents who love you wholeheartedly, you owe it to them by respecting and loving them back, too.
Parents are the only people who can put up with your childishness and silliness your friends can’t which you sometimes hide from them just to keep things at peace.
21. We never know the love of a parent until we become parents ourselves. Henry Ward Beecher.
Very true because most children are blinded by their immaturity and mistake their parent’s love for control or possessiveness.
Not until they become parents themselves with children to protect and look after will they realize that it’s love which drove their parents to do what they did.
22. Don’t cheat your parents because, in reality, you are not cheating them, you are cheating yourself. Mr Prashant.
Yep, you must not lie to your parents because all you are doing is deceiving yourself and not them as they have lived longer and are much wiser than you.
So, if you think you can cheat your parents by living a secret riotous life, you are mistaken. It’s who will suffer in the end with regrets and not your parents you tried to cheat in vain.
23. Being a parent doesn’t give you an excuse for bad manners. Rosalind Wiseman.
Of all the 30 quotes about parents in this post, this quote for those abusive and controlling parents who think they have a free pass to treat their children the way they want.
Yes, they may be your children but they are not your property you can possess as children to are free moral agents with free will free to make their own life choices just like you.
24. Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well-pleasing unto the Lord. Colossians 3:20.
This post on parents quotes wouldn’t be complete without adding bible verses which talk about parents and children & how they ought to behave towards each other.
The above verse commands children to obey their parents in all things as long as they live under their roof which pleases the Lord and fair honestly as they pay all the bills in the house.
25. My son, hear the instruction of thy father and forsake not the law of thy mother. Proverbs 1:8.
As a son or daughter, always obey and hear the instructions from your father even if you may not like them at times as it’s for your own good.
Additionally, don’t forsake what your mother has taught you since childhood if you want to be blessed in your life and live longer.
26. He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes. Proverbs 13:24.
The above quote is for those parents who don’t want to discipline their children in the name of human rights which is a recipe for disaster.
If you are a loving parent, you won’t withhold the rod of correction to your child unless you hate that child. Withhold the rod of correction if you want your children to bring you shame.
27. And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4.
As parents in your efforts to correct your children, it’s important not to be to unreasonably harsh towards your children or prove them to anger.
But you must correct them in love and firmness at the same time. Yes, children can be naughty but your loving rebuke will drive the naughtiness in those children far from them.
28. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee. Exodus 20:12.
The verse above is one of the golden rules for all children to adhere to if they want to live longer or attract blessings from their parents and the Lord.
If you don’t obey that basic commandment as a child, you will be accursed and you won’t live to see good days in your life indeed.
29. The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame. Proverbs 29:15.
Similar to the bible verse earlier discussed, this verse emphasizes that children who don’t get corrected when wrong will just bring shame to its parents who brought it into this world.
But if you correct your child when wrong in love, that child will learn from its mistakes and become wiser so as not to repeat the same mistake again.
30. Hearken unto thy father that begat thee, and despise not thy mother when she is old. Proverbs 23:22.
Lastly, children out there, listen to your parents who brought you into this world and don’t despise your parents when old.
Take care of your parents and be obedient to them while you are a child and when old, don’t forsake them especially your mom who went a great deal to bring you up to where you are.
These are all the parents quotes and sayings I had to share with you in this post and I hope you found them beneficial and learned something from them.
Let these quotes about parents make you start appreciating and valuing your parents by showing respect to them if you haven’t been doing so.
Remember, outside heaven, there is no other person that will wholly love you & will always be there for you as your parents. Don’t abuse their love, please.
In conclusion, if you found this post useful, kindly share it with everyone you know as they will earn something too. Sharing is caring. Cheers & remember to respect your parents.