This post will show you 10 toxic family quotes you will ever need to gracefully deal and handle them with maturity without unnecessary confrontations or anger.
Dealing with such people can be a daunting task indeed as these people are closest to you not only physically but by blood also. As you know, blood is thicker than water.
Implying, the bonds we have with such people is one of the strongest of any kind far surpassing even the bonds we have with our closest dear friends.
Consequently, when loved ones become toxic, it becomes very challenging to deal with them due to the close bonds we have with them by blood.
They could be your own parents, sister, brother, uncle, in-laws and anyone you are related to by blood and handling them can be a tricky situation with requires maturity on your part to avoid unnecessary childish drama
This article, however, will give you the top 10 quotes about toxic family members with a brief interpretation on each which will help you handle them effectively and beat them at their own game with Godly love and wisdom without losing yourself in the process.
- 25 Fake Family Quotes For Spotting Fake Family Members
- 61 Toxic Relationship Quotes For Ending Toxic Relationships Gracefully
- 7 Ways On How To Deal With Toxic Family Members- [ With Love & Understanding]
Top 10 Quotes About Toxic Family
Here are the top 10 toxic family members quotes which will help you gracefully handle a toxic and dysfunctional family you may be in without confrontations or anger.
1. You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you as you are to them. “Desmond Tutu.’’
No family is perfect. You must love and forgive unconditionally even if they do mean things to you sometimes as they are a blessed gift to you as you are to them.
2. The more dysfunctional, the more some family members seek to control the behaviour of others. “David W. Earle’’.
This one of the amazing toxic family members quotes which talks about the characteristics of these kinds of relationships you may have in your life
Indeed a dysfunctional person regardless of who that person usually is not happy when you make your own life choices due to their insecurities and dramas they have in their own lives.
3. Families always have these unspoken dramas and when at holidays, everyone is supposed to sit down and pretend that none of that is happening. “Richard La Graveness.’’
All families have unspoken secrets, issues dramas or skeletons we hide in the cupboard we want no other outsider to know about.
Since no family is perfect, each is unique and has its own issues and dramas unique and specific to them. No two families have the same kind of drama.
4. Family is supposed to be our safe haven. Very often, it’s the place we find the deepest heartache.“Lyanla Vansant.’’
In most cases, family members are the ones who are more judgmental and critical of us especially if we are making major life decisions that don’t agree with their views or perspectives of life.
It’s these people who are even supposed to be loving and supportive but often time the opposite is the case as some are very disrespectful and toxic in nature.
5. In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past but you will find yourself. “Deepak Chopra.’’
Sometimes, you have to let go of toxic family members who are threatening your personal growth or well being whose only source of pleasure is to bring you down.
But don’t rush to completely cut them out completely. Give them a chance to change and show them, Godly unconditional love and Grace.
Quotes About Toxic Family Members
A selection of quotes about toxic family members to help you love them but at the same time without letting their unhealthy behaviour affect your life.
6. It’s not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. “Jonathan Schiller.’’
This is one of the best quotes about toxic family relationships which shows that flesh and blood aren’t enough to have a good family where Godly love, unity, forgiveness, and harmony exists.
Simply being related by blood isn’t a guarantee that you will have a good relationship with them especially if they are too toxic to be around with.
7. I may be the black sheep of the family but some of the white sheep aren’t as white as they try to appear. “Unknown.’’
Very often, people who seem to be the black sheep or outcast in their families are the sincerest and happy individuals.
These free individuals express themselves freely and fully without the fear of judgment and live lives authentic and true to themselves without conforming to expectations imposed on them by anyone.
8. Cutting people off doesn’t have limits. Family can get cut off too if they are causing you stress. Eliminate any negativity in your circle. “The goodvibe.co.’’
Toxic family members are not exempt or immune from being cut off from your life if they are causing too much negativity or drama in your life detrimental to your personal well-being.
Sometimes, you have to temporarily let go or physically distance yourself from them for the sake of your emotional wellbeing and sanity.
9. Sometimes, it’s necessary to temporarily distance yourself physically from toxic family members for the sake of your wellbeing if they prove to be too toxic to be around them. “Trialsandtests.’’
If they become too toxic or acidic for you to be around them, physically distancing yourself from them is the best thing you can do for yourself.
This is especially true if any discussions, topics, or conversations you try to have with them results in outbursts, heated confrontations, or arguments.
10. Just because they are your family doesn’t mean that they know what’s best for you or your life. “Trialsandtests.”
Even though you are related by blood that doesn’t mean they know what’s best for you or what will bring you happiness in your life.
Bear in mind even though you may be related by blood and live in the same house, you are still two very different people with different goals and aspirations in life.
These are the top 10 quotes about toxic family I had to share with you in this post which will help you calmly deal with them with love and understanding without being sucked up in their drama.
If you found these toxic family quotes beneficial and helpful, kindly share this article with everyone you know as they will benefit as well. As you know, sharing is caring indeed.
Other similar posts for you to read.
- 60 Quotes About Toxic People For Eradicating Toxic People Gracefully.
- Toxic Family Dynamics and Characteristics and How to Calmly Handle Them
- 51 Exotic Quotes About Negative People – [Negative People Quotes]