List of 75 grief quotes to help you ease your grief if you have lost a loved one. Losing a loved one is a painful experience but the quotes about grief here will help you ease that pain. May these 75 grief quotes heal the deep wound in your heart caused by the loss of a loved one.
75 Grief Quotes
1. Sometimes, God uses pain to bring us closer to Himself. Trialsandtests.
2. Grief is an inevitable part of life no one can escape regardless of social status in society or educational status. Trialsandtests.
3. The reason all human beings here on earth experience suffering is because we live in a fallen world which is under the curse of sin. Trialsandtests.
4. Grief respects no man or creed regardless of social status. Trialsandtests.
5. Loss is sometimes necessary to appreciate the value of life. Trialsandtests.
6. God allows pain in our lives to teach us patience and compassion for others. Trialsandtests.
8. I will not say,” do not weep.”: for not all tears are an evil. J.R.R. Tolkien
9. When grief comes in your life, don’t say why me, say try me and say to grief, you are not here to stay. Trialsandtests.
10. You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it. J.K. Rowling.
11. No one ever told me that grief felt like fear. C.S Lewis.
12. Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form. Rumi.
13. Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart. José N. Harris.
14. Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them. Leo Tolstoy.
15. Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak knits up the o-er wrought heart and bids it breaks. William Shakespeare.
16. Grief can be a burden, but also an anchor. You get used to the weight, how it holds you in place. Sarah Dessen.
17. The Lord hears the cry of the broken and closer to the wounded in spirit. Trialsandtests.
18. Parting is such sweet sorrow That I shall say goodnight till it is morrow. William Shakespeare.
19. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:29.
20. To live in hearts we live behind is not to die. Thomas Campbell.
21. Loss is sometimes the gateway for purposeful living. Trialsandtests.
22. Pain sometimes comes in our lives to remind us not to take anything and anyone for granted. Trialsandtests.
23. Sometimes pain and loss are what we need to help us not to take anyone for granted. Trialsandtests.
24. Grief reveals the true character of individuals. Trialsandtests.
25. I cannot say loss is necessarily a bad thing. All I can say is it has all been worth it looking back as without it I would not be the person I am today. Trialsandtests.
26. Grief and loss are a reminder of why godly gratitude in everything in life is important. Trialsandtests.
27. Ten years from now, you will be thankful for the pain God is allowing you to go through now. Trialsandtests.
28. As long as you live in this fallen Adamic world, you will experience sorrows of all kinds. Trialsandtests.
29. Grief is very much part of your life and complaining about it won’t make it go away. Trialsandtests.
30. Most people don’t realize that pain is a coin with two different faces. Trialsandtests.
31. The darker the night, the brighter the stars. The deeper the grief, the closer God. Fyodor Dostoevsky.
32. Grief is like a long valley, a winding valley where any bend reveals a totally new landscape. C.S Lewis.
33. Nothing is more painful than being betrayed by someone you thought had your back. Trialsandtests.
34. It’s not the memories inside my head that drive me crazy. It’s the new memories without you that push me over the edge. Sandra Homer.
35. It is impossible to go on as you were before. So, you must go on you never before. Cheryl Strayed.
36. Sometimes, all you can do is lie in bed and hope to fall asleep before you fall apart. William C. Hannan.
37. Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. John 14:1.
38. Grief is a silent partner. Sometimes, it seals the heart, shut the only way to heal a sealed heart is to break the seal and shout it out. Tess Calomino.
39. Not all pain is bad. Trialsandtests.
40. Walk on walk on with hope in your heart and you will never walk alone. Rodgers & Hammerstein Carousel.
41. With grief, comes compassion. Trialsandtests.
42. Very often, agony brings out the love and compassion for others in you which you never knew existed before. Trialsandtests.
43. If you are experiencing pain and loss, it’s not the end of the world. Trialsandtests.
44. Suffering makes us come closer to God who loves the broken hearted. Trialsandtests.
45. Grief is like an ocean, it comes as waves ebbing and flowing sometimes, the water is calm and sometimes, it’s overwhelming. All we can do is swim. Vicki Harmson.
46. Grief can’t be shared. Everyone carries it alone his own burden in his own way. Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
47. Mourning, the act of grief required attention. Joan Didion.
48. Grief knots two hearts in closer bonds than happiness ever can and common suffering are far stronger links than common joys. Alphonse De Hamartine.
49. Sometimes, it’s ok if the only thing you did today was breathing. Yumi Sakugawa.
50. No one really dies as long as they took the time to leave us with fond memories. Chris Sorensen.
51. Being betrayed by people closest to you is the worst agony you can experience which takes time to heal. Trialsandtests.
52. It’s ok to cry if you lose a loved one. Your tears indicate that you truly loved that person. Trialsandtests.
53. Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes because those who love with their heart and soul, there is no separation. Rumi.
54. Those who don’t know how to weep with their whole hearts, don’t know how to laugh either. Golda Meir.
55. The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Psalms 34:18.
56. He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds. Psalms 147:3.
57. To everything, there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1.
58. Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly. Psalms 31:9-10.
59. Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28.
60. The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Psalms 9:9.
61. Like a thief in the night, grief makes no announcements when it comes. Trialsandtests.
62. Time heals all pain and loss. Trialsandtests.
63. He who grieves shows that he’s human and not a robot without any feelings. Trialsandtests.
64. There is no grief like the grief that doesn’t speak. Henry Wards worth Longfellow.
65. Grief falls upon human beings as the rain not selecting good or evil, visiting the innocent, condemning those who have done no wrong. Richard Jefferies.
66. Like lightning, grief strikes without any warnings when you least expect it. Trialsandtests.
67. Pain comes to all and respects no persons nor has any favorites exempted from it. Trialsandtests.
68. Like a thief in the night, grief makes no announcements when it comes. Trialsandtests.
69. There is an ocean of silence between us and I am drowning in it. Ranata Suzuki.
70. All the times I have suddenly realized that my parents are dead, even now, it still surprises me, to exist in the world while that which made me has ceased to exist. Nicole Krauss.
71. We are all sorry when loss comes for us. The test of our character comes not in how many tears we shed but in how we act after those tears have dried. Michelle Moran.
72. The worst grief you will ever experience isn’t the loss of your loved one but how you took them for granted when they were alive. Trialsandtests.
73. The thing about grief is that you can’t fake it. Trialsandtests.
74. Aguish brings out the new you which you never knew existed before. Trialsandtests.
75. Grief, no matter how you try to cater to its wail, has a way of fading away. V.C. Andrews.
I hope you have found comfort in the 75 grief quotes in this post if you have lost a loved one and may you heal quickly. In closing share these grieving quotes with others if they have resonated with you. Sharing is caring. Peace.