Below is a list of 63 friendship proverbs and proverbs about friendships to help you find true friends who will help you grow. Anyone can be your friend for a season but not everyone can be your friend for a lifetime or stick with you when you need them most. This is why you need to be careful with whom you make friends with as there are so many fake friends out there. May these 63 friendship proverbs help you choose your friends wisely.
63 Proverbs About Friendships.
1. There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother and that’s Jesus. Samuel Zulu.
2. Love to all. Friendship to none. Samuel Zulu.
3. He who has too many friends ends up having many enemies, too. Samuel Zulu.
4. It’s not the size of the circle that matter but the quality. Samuel Zulu.
5. In trying to have many friends is how you end up having none. Samuel Zulu.
6. The crocodile may shed tears but that doesn’t mean it’s sympathetic to you. Samuel Zulu.
7. Your best friend can be your best enemy, too. Be careful. Samuel Zulu.
8. The only friendship guaranteed to last a lifetime is the one with yourself. Samuel Zulu.
9. Better honest wounds from a true friend that kisses from a fake friend. Samuel Zulu.
10. Other than Jesus Christ, there is no true friend like Him in this universe. Samuel Zulu.
11. Make too many friends and you end up having none. Samuel Zulu.
12. A true friend loveth you at all times. Samuel Zulu.
13. Friendships seldom last where deceitfulness thrives. Samuel Zulu.
14. Growing up also means knowing that not all who smile at you are your friends. Samuel Zulu.
15. Most people are only interested in the idea of being your friend which is sad. Samuel Zulu.
16. Friendship is seldom lasting between equals. English Proverb.
17. Friendship reminds us of fathers, love of mothers. Malagasy Proverb.
18. If you want a friend, be a friend. English Proverb.
19. A good friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have. Irish Proverb.
20. A friend in need is a friend indeed. English Proverb.
21. In times of prosperity, fronds are plentiful. English Proverb.
22. Friendship is like money. Easier made than kept. English Proverb.
23. The greatest gift of life is friendship. English Proverb.
24. A friend to everybody is a friend to nobody. Chinese Proverb.
25. Friendship is not just an experience but a responsibility. Chinese Proverb.
26. A man is known by his friends. English Proverb.
27. Birds of the same feathers flock together. English Proverb.
28. Friends are thieves of time. English Proverb.
29. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer. English Proverb.
30. If you see a friend without a smile, give him one of yours. English Proverb.
31. Life without friends is like the sky without the sun. English Proverb.
32. No man is useless when he has a friend. English Proverb.
33. Life was meant for a best friend and best adventures. English Proverb.
34. Distance makes the heart grow fonder. English Proverb.
35. A kitchen dog is never a good rabbit hunter. Spanish Proverb.
36. Even monkey fall from trees. Japanese Proverb.
37. Gold is tried in the fire and friendship in need. English Proverb.
38. Friends are like fiddle strings. They must not be screwed too tight. English Proverb.
39. A friend’s eye is a good mirror. Irish Proverb.
40. Who seeks a faultless friend remains friendless. Turkish Proverb.
41. You can leave without a friend but never without a neighbour. African Proverb.
42. Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you. African Proverb.
43. A man and a goat can be friends but it would be foolishness for the goat to pay the first visit. African Proverb.
44. Sorrow is like a precious treasure, shown only to friends. African Proverb.
45. Don’t tell your important secret to your friend because your friend has his other friends as well. African Proverb.
46. If you choose to make friendship with a pig you must be prepared to live in the mad. African Proverb.
47. When bad luck chooses you as a companion, even a ripe banana can remove your teeth. African Proverb.
48. A friend is one who knows everything about you and still wants to be your friend. African Proverb.
49. The more intimate the friendship the deadlier the enmity. African Proverb.
50. Declare kinship with the hyena, and all hyenas are your friend. African Proverb.
51. He who judges others and never allows to be judged loses friends. African Proverb.
52. Self-praise stinks, friends praise thinks, the stranger is sincere, and may last for a year. German Proverb.
53. The person who only accepts friends without faults will never have any real friends. Jewish Proverb.
54. A false friend is like a shadow their only with you when the sun is shining. African Proverb.
55. When bad luck chooses you as a companion, even a ripe banana can remove your teeth. African Proverb.
56. Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends whom we choose. Chinese Proverb.
57. Dogs have so many friends because they wag their tails, not their tongues. Chinese Proverb.
58. Books speak to the mind, friends to the heart, heaven to the soul, all else to the ears. Chinese Proverb.
59. If you want to know someone’s character, look at the friends he keeps. Chinese Proverb.
60. Do not do strange acts merely for the sake of astonishing your friends. Scottish Proverb.
61. In times of prosperity friends will be plenty, In times of adversity, not one in twenty. English Proverb.
62. Friends are like centipedes; they have many legs when work needs to be done. English Proverb.
63. To eat from the same pot with another man, is to take an oath of perpetual friendship with him. Nigerian Proverb.
Hope these 63 friendship proverbs will help you find and know who your true friends are in life as there are so many imposters out there masquerading as your friends to dupe you. Peace.
Sharing is caring.
- 75 Short Friendship Quotes To Help You Cherish Real Ones.
- 51 Friends Change Quotes To Remind You What Really Matters.
- 60 Fake Friends Quotes For Spotting Fake Friends & Fake People.