In this post today, you will discover 21 exotic Christian quotes about forgiveness which will help you to forgive others who have sinned against you.
Very often in life, people do hurtful things to us and at times depending on the gravity of what someone did to you, forgiveness & letting go can be very difficult.
This is especially true if the people who have deeply hurt us is close to you or the one you deeply trusted or contend on.
If you were betrayed by someone you deeply trusted, that deeply cuts through your heart and soul which makes it difficult to get over as such wounds are very deep and take time to heal.
As a result, you may start developing resentment and bitterness towards people who have offended or hurt you.
If you have been hurt and you are finding it difficult to forgive and let go, the Christian quotes about forgiveness in this post are for you.
The soothing Christian quotes on forgiveness I have prepared in this article will help neutralize the bitterness and resentment you may have developed towards your offenders.
With that said, let’s look at the top 21 Christian quotes about forgiveness to help you forgive those who have hurt you deeply.
30 Christian Quotes On Forgiveness
1. If you cannot forgive others, then God won’t forgive you as well. Trialsandtests.
2. When it comes to forgiveness, Jesus is the master of it all as he deeply loves us so much that he can’t refuse to forgive us when we ask for forgiveness from him as we are all sinners worthy of damnation. Trialsandtests.
3. When Jesus said, “It’s finished,” he meant it’s done. The price has been paid. You can be forgiven today. Rick Warren.
4. Apple trees bear apples. Wheat stalk produce wheat and forgiven people forgive others. Max Lucado.
5. Just as Christ forgives us every time we sin against him, we too must forgive others who sin against us. Trialsandtests.
6. Forgiveness is one of the greatest gifts you can show to others especially those who don’t deserve it. Trialsandtests.
7. You have been forgiven, so, act like one. A. W. Tozer.
8. No matter how much you have sinned against God, he’s more than willing and just to forgive you if you humble yourself and acknowledge that you are a sinner. Trialsandtests.
9. Forgiveness is one of the greatest ingredients to live a happy and an emotionally healthy lifestyle as unforgiveness causes bitterness which eats and consumes you alive from the inside like acid poured on your skin which in turn affects your emotional health in the long run. Trialsandtests.
10. Harboring a spirit of unforgiveness hurts only you and not the offender. Trialsandtests.
Christian Quotes About Forgiveness And Love
11. Sometimes, forgiving those who have deeply hurt you might seem impossible, but you have to do it for the sake of your emotional wellbeing. Trialsandtests.
12. Being able to forgive others of their wrongdoings doesn’t mean that you should be a victim or be taken advantage of like a punching bag. It’s just that you are doing it for the sake of being emotionally healthy and free. Trialsandtests.
13. If you love others, you won’t find it difficult to forgive them if they wrong you. Trialsandtests.
14. Forgiveness must be your daily ritual because no one is perfect and whether you like it or not, every person you will ever encounter in this fallen world we live in regardless of who that person is to you will at least disappoint or offend you in some way. Trialsandtests.
15. And when he saw their faith, he said, man, your sins are forgiven. Luke 5: 20.
16. God pardons like a mother who kisses the offender into everlasting forgiveness. Henry Ward Beecher.
17. Forgiveness is God’s command. Martin Luther.
18. People who offend you or sin against you by doing hurtful and offensive things to you are like a prodigal son in the bible who yearn and need your love, forgiveness, and compassion as they are hurt as well because hurt people, hurt others. Trialsandtests.
19. Holding grudges, unforgiveness and resentment towards those who have hurt you are like drinking acid yourself and expecting it to hurt your offenders. Trialsandtests.
20. We win by tenderness, we conquer by forgiveness. Frederick W. Robertson.
Famous Forgiveness Quotes
21. If you can’t forgive others who wrong you, then, you are a cold-blooded murderer just like Satan as Satan can’t forgive anyone because all that Satan has in his heart is pure hatred which can’t be described in human words. Trialsandtests.
22. Forgiveness is the economy of the heart. Forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred. Herman Mane.
23. Unforgiveness makes you a slave of your offenders. Trialsandtests.
24. If you hold resentment towards those who have hurt you, you are giving your offenders power to control your emotions and your life. Trialsandtests.
25. To be able to forgive those who have deeply hurt your feelings, you must be like a child who easily forgives and let’s go of things no matter how you hurt that child with your actions. Trialsandtests.
26. Always embrace a spirit of forgiveness because it’s good for your emotional health and wellbeing. Trialsandtests.
27. Forgiveness is one of the critical steps you need to take and to for you to let go of things or people who have hurt you in the past. Trialsandtests.
28. Forgiving what we cannot forgive creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future.” Lewis Smedes.
29. When a deep injury is done to us, we never heal until we forgive.” Nelson Mandela.
30. As long as you don’t forgive those who have hurt you, you will always be their prisoners as long as you live. Trialsandtests.
That’s all the 30 Christian quotes about forgiveness I had to share with you in this post and hope these Christian forgiveness quotes will help you let go of all the resentment and bitterness you may have developed all these years till now.
Forgiving those who have deeply hurt us if they are close to us like a betrayal of a close friend can be hard indeed.
But remember, no human being is the perfect best friend or not and whether you like it or not people close to us can hurt or disappoint as too just like any other person.
If you are in such a situation, I encourage you to meditate on two or three Christian quotes about forgiveness and love you have read here which resonate with your situation.
Ask the Lord to give you the grace to forgive and let go of the resentment and bitterness you are finding difficult to do right now as you are reading this.
Doing so will help you neutralize all the bitterness or resentment you have built up towards your debtors’ overtime which is eating and corroding you alive from the inside like acid.
With that said, if you found this post on famous forgiveness quotes helpful, share it with everyone you know as they will benefit as well. Sharing is caring. Cheers and be blessed.