Today in this post, you will discover 20 bible verses about God’s love which shows and highlights God’s unfailing love he has towards us imperfect humans.
The love God has for us is boundless and limitless and the 20 bible verses on God’s love which will be discussed in this article will prove just that.
We all want to be loved and cherished as human beings but very often, we look for love in the wrong places which leaves us empty in the end.
Only God is capable of loving you unconditionally in all situations far surpassing any love you will ever get from any human being here on earth.
With that said, let’s look at the top 20 bible verses about God’s love which will make you feel loved and valued without ever having to search for love elsewhere.
20 Scriptures About God’s Love.
Here are 20 scriptures about God’s love which talk about God’s unconditional love he has for us as human beings created in his marvelous image.
1. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16.
Of all the bible verses about God’s love in the New Testament, this verse is my all-time favorite which displays the ultimate love God has for us.
Out of his infinite love & compassion, God gave us his precious dear son to die for our sins so that anyone who believes in him will have eternal life and not perish in hellfire.
2. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 1 John 4:8.
Another excellent verse on God’s love which tells us if we hate our neighbors, then, we don’t know God and God is love himself.
That scripture is specifically directed to haters and people who despise their fellow humans for no apparent reason.
If you are such a person, then you don’t know God even if you claim to be a Christian because if you are a true Christian, you will love everyone as God loves you.
3. Now before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that his hour came that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end. John 13:1.
Jesus loves his own children who serve him and are willing to obey his commandments. That verse was written just before Jesus was about to be crucified.
The above scripture states that Jesus always loves his children. As a Christian, always remind yourself that Jesu is always on your side even though others may turn their backs on you.
4. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. John 15:9.
The above scripture exhorts us as Christians to love each other and to continue in that love just as our Heavenly Father loves us.
Sadly, most so-called Christians don’t love their fellow brothers and sisters as Christ loves them. For most people love is just a word to throw around.
But as a true Christian, you need to show practical love as love is a verb in this world which is full of selfish and self-centered people. Be that light of the world and show what real loves is to others.
5. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 1 John 4:10.
Similar to john 3:16, the above bible verse about God’s love also showcases God’s unconditional love he has towards us which was manifested by sending his one and only begotten son to die for our sins.
In this world, there is virtually no human being who will ever love you the way God does regardless of who that person is to you.
Jesus loves you knowing that you will never love him back and the best way to respond to his love is by giving your life to him which is simple as illustrated in the video below by The Endless Love of Jesus Ministries.
6. I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob’s brother? Saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob. Malachi 1:2.
Just like the New Testament bible verses about God’s love earlier discussed in this article, the book of Malachi in the Old Testament also testifies of God’s love as well.
Indeed, the Lord has loved you and will continue loving you even if you offend and fail him many times knowingly and unknowingly.
7. The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore, with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3.
The book of Jeremiah further adds on that the Lord has loved and love you and me with everlasting love & kindness which surpasses all human understanding.
By his loving-kindness, he created us in his marvelous image just as the Lord was telling Jeremiah, his prophet of how he loved him.
8. But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth. Psalms 86:15.
David the Psalmist in the book of Psalms states that the Lord is a God full of inexhaustible love, mercy, truth, and compassion towards us.
God is the most longsuffering person in this entire universe if you just take time to think about how many wrong things we do every day knowingly and unknowingly.
If the Lord was very quick to anger and impatient with us, I don’t think anyone will be existing here on earth. The longsuffering of God is a testament of the infinite love he has towards us.
9. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8.
The above scripture on God’s love is also similar to John 3:16 also telling us how God loved us while we were yet sinners even though most people insult God’s love by rejecting his son.
Well, if God didn’t love us, he wouldn’t have wasted his time sending his only begotten son to die a horrible death just for us underserving humans who don’t deserve his love at all.
10. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved). Ephesians 2:4, 5.
Indeed, we are saved by grace and the loving mercies of the Lord alone and not of good works lest any man should boast.
The above verse on God’s unconditional love illustrates that we are not saved by our works but only by the loving mercies of the Lord and nothing more.
Bible Verses About love
In this subsection of our main post, you will now discover soothing bible verses about love which will teach you what true love is. Stay tuned.
11. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because of fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18.
The book of 1 John contains some of the best bible verses about God’s love you can ever find in the bible.
And the above scripture is no exception which shows that perfect love which is from God alone is the only true love which casteth out all fear.
True love does not contain fear in it but rather casts it away which means where true love abounds, there are no fears or insecurities in that environment.
12. Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 1 John 3:1.
Another wonderful scripture from the book of 1 John talking about the same thing on how great the love of the Lord is so that we are called his children.
This scripture also states that the world can never understand the unsearchable love of God as it knoweth him not which is why true Christians get persecuted for their godly living.
13. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love, and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:16.
God is love indeed and anyone who claims to be a true Christian or child of God must dwell in love as God himself is love without any hate in him.
People who hold grudges and resentment towards their fellow humans are murderers just like Satan was from the beginning as hate comes & originates from him.
14. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11.
When it comes to the Old Testament, this is one of my favorite verses about God’s love I meditate on a daily basis in my life.
The above scripture showcases that the Lord only has good things for our lives to give us an expected end with no regrets in life unlike humans who can be jealous at times.
15. O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth forever. Psalms 136:26.
You should always thank the Lord for his everlasting mercies which endureth forever from eternity past as the psalmist wonderfully illustrates in the above verse.
We should thank God because there is no one like him in the entire universe just as the heavens showcase his majesty and glory.
16. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth, not itself, is not puffed up. I Corinthians 13:4.
God’s unconditional love he has towards us is long-suffering, selfless and kind just as summarized by the above scripture.
This is what makes God’s love different from all the fake love you find in this selfish world we live in world which is based on selfishness masquerading as true love.
17. And refused to obey, neither were mindful of thy wonders that thou didst among them; but hardened their necks, and in their rebellion appointed a captain to return to their bondage: but thou art a God ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and forsook them not. Nehemiah 9:17:
The above scripture shows us even if we stray from the commandment of the Lord, he is always merciful, slow to anger and ready to forgive our wrongdoings if we submit to him.
No matter the wrong you have done unlike humans, the Lord won’t forsake or give up on you. It’s on you who has to give up on the Lord or on yourself.
18. The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him. Nahum 1:7.
For those who know and trust the Lord, he is a stronghold his people run to when trouble comes which it will.
Whenever you face any life situations and when it seems no one is on your side, always remember that the Lord is good and will always be available for you at any moment notice.
19. Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations. Deuteronomy 7:9.
That verse was spoken by Moses when he was leading the children of Israel to the Promised Land to remind them of how good and faithful God is and was to the Israelites.
Just as the Lord was good and faithful to the Israelites of the old, he also is good and faithful to us today as the Lord does not change or contradict himself or his nature unlike us.
20. For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth. Proverbs 3:12.
Finally, of all the bible verses about God’s love discussed so fat, this is the scripture I want you to stick in your bedroom.
Indeed, the Lord loves us and that is why he corrects and chastens us from time to time with his word when we stray from his path.
Tragically, most people get offended when they get corrected due to their inner pride and arrogance in their crafty and deceitful hearts which leads them astray to perdition.
Just as a father corrects his son when he does something wrong, the Lord will also chasten us because we are his beloved children.
So, in closing, don’t ever despise the chastening of the Lord as he does so because he loves you as open rebuke is better than hidden love concealed in hypocrisy.
Well, that’s all the 20 bible verses about God’s love I had to share with you and hope that you found comfort in these scriptures shared in this post.
The love of the Lord is indeed boundless al illustrated by the above scriptures on God’s unconditional love you have read today.
I encourage you to meditate on two or three Bible verses on God’s love which will help you understand how awesome and loving the Lord is towards us.
With all said and done, kindly share this post with everyone you know if you enjoyed it as they will benefit as well. Sharing is indeed caring. Love and kisses to everyone. Stay blessed.