In today’s post, you will discover the top 20 Christian quotes about love, Christian love quotes which will show you what true love is and teach you how to love others.
Secondly, the Christian sayings about love which will be discussed here will also show you God’s unconditional agape love he has for us as his dear children.
As human beings, we all want to be loved and valued in life but very often, we look for love & attention in the wrong places.
But this should end today if you have been looking for love outside yourself because the Lord in heaven loves you for who you are with unconditional and everlasting love.
With that said, let’s dive into the top 20 Christian quotes about love which will teach and help you to distinguish true love from fake love.
20 Best Christian Love Quotes.
Here are 20 soothing best Christian love quotes which will help you love your neighbours as you love yourself.
1. Genuine love isn’t about what you can get but what you can give without expecting anything in return. Trialsandtests.
When it comes to Christian quotes about love, the above quote is one of the best Christian sayings about love reminding us that true love is all about what you can give and not what you can get.
For most people, however, love is all about what they can get from the person they claim to love which selfish indeed and not love at all. Remember, it’s more blessed to give than to receive.
2. To love another person is to see the peace of God. Victor Hugo.
If you love your fellow human being, you are indeed seeing the peace of God which is based on selfless love without any blemish.
Therefore, always endeavour to love your fellow human beings equally regardless of social status, race or educational level. Treat everyone with the same kindness, respect, and dignity.
3. The chains of love are stronger than the chains of fear. William Garnell.
Love is stronger than fear as perfect love is what casteth out fear. Where true love dwells, there is no fear in its midst just as you can’t have darkness in the midst of light.
The above quote on love also means that the love the Lord has for us is stronger than our fears which sometimes tries to chain us.
4. The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved. Loved for ourselves or loved in spite of ourselves. Victor Hugo.
True indeed, being loved is one of the greatest things that can be done to you as we all want to feel loved and valued.
The good news is that you are already loved by the Lord who knew you before you were even born from eternity past. Therefore, you must be happy and joyful about who you are.
5. You will never really love until you love someone who hates you. Jack Hyles.
Indeed, we can’t love or really know what true love is unless we learn how to love people that hate us or are undeserving of our love.
It’s only until you learn to love people who seemingly don’t deserve your love will you understand what real unconditional love is.
6. True love isn’t based on feelings at all but rather, an act you do towards someone you claim to love. Trialsandtests.
One of the best Christian quotes about love you will ever come across which reminds us that real love isn’t based on feelings at all which come and go.
Rather, true love is action-based or an act you do toward someone you love. Sadly, for most people, love is a cheap word they simply toss around and fail to follow through.
7. Everything God does is love. Even when we don’t understand him. Basilea Schlink.
The above Christian saying is for you especially when you find yourself questioning as to why God allowed things to happen the way they did in your life.
In such circumstances, always remember that God does what he does because he loves you even when you don’t get it. Remember, the ways & thoughts of God are much higher than our own.
8. The real difference between true love and infatuation, aka lust, is true love gives while infatuation or lust takes. Trialsandtests.
If you are in a relationship or contemplating being a relationship the above quote is for you if you want to help you differentiate true love from lust.
True love is selfless and always give while infatuation ore lust takes. For instance, if a man claims to love you, he won’t ask you to sin against your own body (fornication).
If that man really loves you, we won’t ask you to have sex before marriage or be possessive of you. As a man, please understand that true love and lust are two different things.
9. When it comes to showing what true love is, no one does it better than Jesus who died on the cross for our sins knowing that we might never love him back. Trialsandtests.
Of all the Christian quotes about love out there, this quote is the best I can give you to remind you that there is no person here on earth who will love and understand you the way God does.
The Lord loves you unconditionally knowing that you might never love him back which he demonstrated by dying for you on that rugged cross for your sins.
10. Real unconditional love is a gift which comes from God alone. Whereas hate is a gift from Satan who has no love for anything or anyone. Trialsandtests.
True selfless love is a gift which only comes from the Lord who loves us with an everlasting love and those who claim to love God must be love as God is love.
Whereas hate is a gif which can only come from Satan as he was a hater from the beginning. Satan has no love for anyone especially human beings as we are made in God’s image.
Inspirational Christian Sayings About Love.
In this subsection of our main topic, you will discover the other remaining 10 inspirational Christian sayings about love to warm up your heart. Stay tuned.
11. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Jesus.
The above Christian saying about love was said by Jesus himself our master who tells us to love others just as he has loved us.
Jesus loves us because his Father and our Father collectively loved him ad has given all things to Jesus. Similarly, Christ has given us power as well to live victorious lives and to love.
12. The great thing to remember is that though our feelings come and go, God’s love for us does not. C.S Lewis.
Very true indeed, feelings come and go but God’s love is constant and doesn’t go which shines brighter than the sun.
Whenever you feel low or rejected in life, just remember and remind yourself that the Lord loves and cares you even when you don’t feel like it.
13. If you truly love someone, you won’t find it difficult to forgive that person because you understand that God loves and forgives you when you wrong him. Trialsandtests.
The above quote is among the best Christian quotes about love and forgiveness which tells us that if we love someone, we won’t find it difficult to forgive that person.
I know what you are thinking, yes, forgiveness towards those who have deeply hurt our feelings can be difficult sometimes but with the grace of the Lord, you can do it.
14. God teaches us to love by putting some unlovely people around us. It takes no character to love people who are lovely and loving to you. Rick Warren.
True indeed, sometimes, God will put difficult and unlovely people in our lives to show and teach us what true unconditional love is.
Remember, loving someone who is easy to love takes no character and isn’t rewarding at all because even a Baboon can easily do that if you give it a banana.
It’s only by loving difficult people in your life will you appreciate how the Lord loves you considering how we fail him numerous times.
15. Greater love hath no man than this that a man lays down his life for his friends. John 15:13.
When it comes to the New Testament, this is one of the best Christian verses about the love you will ever come across in the bible.
The above verse teaches that there is no greater love than laying down your life for another person which exactly what Jesus did and we ought to follow his footsteps by laying down our lives for others.
16. Loving someone doesn’t mean you should support that person’s wrongdoings. Trialsandtests.
If you love someone, you won’t support the wrongdoings that person is doing which are where most people get it wrong when it comes to showing love.
When you see a brother or sister in the Lord in the wrong, it’s your duty to rebuke and correct that brother or sister in the Lord in love of course.
Yes, that person you are correcting or rebuking certainly won’t like what you are saying but your main concern is to help that person do the right thing & not to make that person like what you have to say.
17. Love your neighbour as you love yourself. Mark 12:31.
The above scripture is one of the most fundamental commandments Jesus gave to us which is to love our neighbour as ourselves.
Your neighbour as a Christian isn’t a person you live next to but every human being here on earth is your neighbour. So love and treat everyone the way you want to be treated.
18. No one here on earth regardless of who that person is can love you the way God does. Trialsandtests.
If you want love or to be loved, there is no better person out there regardless of who that person is to you who can do that than the Lord himself.
The reason is that people will only love you if you are benefiting them in some way. No sooner when you stop benefiting them than they will vanish into thin air.
19. Those who hate their fellow human beings are cold-blooded murders just as Satan was from the beginning as hatred comes from him because God is love and he hates no one. Trialsandtests.
Specifically, this Christian quote about love is directed towards those people who hate their fell human being for no reason aka haters.
If you are a hater, know that you are a cold-blooded murderer just like your father, Satan who was a murderer from the beginning. I know that’s a harsh statement but true indeed.
Any person who claims to be a Christian must be love as God is love himself and in him, there is no hatred at all. Only infinite love which surpasses all human understanding.
20. A happy marriage or relationship is made up of two selfless individuals, (man & woman) who easily love & forgive each other’s faults continuously. Trialsandtests.
Lastly, the above Christian quote on love is for those who are married or in a relationship to remind you of what true love is.
If you genuinely love someone unconditionally for those of you in a relationship or married, you won’t find it difficult to forgive your other half as no one is perfect.
Secondly, self and selfishness won’t have any place in your heart as you will have a Christ-like the heart of a servant to serve the other person.
Sadly, the world is full of selfish and self-centred individuals which are the number one cause why so many people get divorced or separated.
But this must not be a surprise as it was written long ago in the infallible eternal scriptures in the book of Timothy that in the last days, men will be lovers of themselves.
And the high divorce rates and separations you see is a testimony that we are living in the Eleventh hour where Christ can return anytime.
Well, you have it, all the top 20 Christian quotes about love I had to share with you in this post to teach you what true love is and how much the Lord loves us.
My prayer is that the Christian love quotes you have read in this post will teach & empower you to genuinely & unconditionally love others in this selfish and self-centred world we live in.
In conclusion, if you enjoyed the above Christian sayings about love, kindly share this post with everyone you know as they will benefit as well. Sharing is caring. Cheers and be blessed.
- 50 Christian Quotes For The Day To Spice Up Your Day- [Daily Christian Quotes]
- 45 Godly Quotes On Love To Warm Your Soul- Christian Love Quotes
- 45 Christian Inspirational Quotes And Sayings For Purposeful Life Living