Life is full of discouragement and despondencies and you may sometimes feel like giving up but the 60 discouragement quotes below will inspire you to trust the Lord in difficult situations.
As long as you live in this world, discouragement is just part of life and discouragement comes in many ways such as things not working out the way you want them to.
At times, it can be delayed answers to prayers but don’t let that make you lose faith in God. Remember, only those who wait on the Lord are the ones who will renew their strength.
Let the quotes about discouragement below help you understand that being discouraged when things aren’t panning out is ok and part of being human.
With that said, here are the 60 discouragement quotes that will help you understand that discouragement is part of life and can be used for the greater good.
60 Quotes about Discouragement.
1. Don’t lose heart when faced with seemingly insurmountable trials, as God is always ready to help you overcome them. Trialsandtests.
2. In times of discouragement, that’s when you must count your blessings and name them one by one. Trialsandtests.
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
3. When people you looked up to let you down, take no heart but know that you still have a god that never disappoints. Trialsandtests.
4. Don’t freak out because things are not going your way. Trust the process and don’t rush the process. Trialsandtests.
5. The times of distress are the times you must look up to the Lord and not lose heart. Trialsandtests.
6. Don’t allow multiple failures discourage you from pursuing your dreams. Trialsandtests.
7. Don’t give up because things are hard or are not seeing the results quickly. All good things take time to materialize. Trialsandtests.
8. Hastiness of heart is a sure way of remaining discouraged for the rest of your life. Trialsandtests.
9. He who is hasty with life will always find life frustrating and disappointing. Trialsandtests.
10. Don’t let small minds discourage you from dreaming big. Trialsandtests.
11. Say not to discouragement and take everything to the Lord in prayer. Trialsandtests.
12. Remember, discouragement is a weapon Satan uses to make you lose your faith in God. Trialsandtests.
13. Never be a victim of life; be its conqueror. Mike Norton.
14. Disappointment is really just a term for our refusal to look on the bright side. Richelle E. Goodrich.
15. Defeat should never be a source of discouragement but rather a fresh stimulus. Robert South.
16. Faith must always pass the test of discouragement. T D Jakes.
17. Negative people can only infest you with discouragements when they find you around Just get lost and get saved. Israelmore Ayivor.
18. Don’t let life discourage you. Everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was. Richard Evans.
19. Never try to discourage thinking, for you are sure to succeed. Bertrand Russell.
20. The best people are always the worst. They drive everyone mad by being so good at second-guessing everything bad. Criss Jami.
21. However long the night, the dawn will break. African Proverb.
22. Be not discouraged by adverse circumstances. American Proverb.
23. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. 2 Corinthians 4:17.
24. For he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 6:11b.
25. And the Lord, he is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed. Deuteronomy 31:8.
26. Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord. Psalms 31:4.
27. These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33.
28. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31.
29. Discouragement is contagious and is easily transmitted to others. Max Anders.
30. Discouragement is not the absence of adequacy but the absence of courage. Neal A. Maxwell.
31. In the absence of courage, discouragement thrives big time even in small things. Samuel Zulu.
32. It’s so easy to get discouraged when things aren’t going your way but that’s the time your faith is truly tested. Samuel Zulu.
33. Don’t let slow progress be the reason you throw in the towel. Samuel Zulu.
34. Don’t give up yet because the times of refreshing will come. Samuel Zulu.
35. Delay doesn’t mean denial. Samuel Zulu.
36. When discouragement comes, don’t stop. Dig deep and fight it through. T.B Joshua.
37. One needs to reflect regularly on their past actions and present endeavours to combat isolation, discouragement, and uneasiness. Dr Prem Jagyasi.
38. Encouragers turn mountains into molehills. Discouragers turn molehills into mountains. Cathy Burnham.
39. Develop success from failures and discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success. Dale Carnegie.
40. If someone is not lifting us up, they are holding us down. Cathy Burnham Martin.
41. What is most frustrating about a Discourager? They often tend to erroneously think they are Encouragers. Cathy Burnham Martin.
42. Recognize that Discouragers have aesthetically challenged attitudes. Cathy Burnham Martin.
43. Your story is not yet done. Believe and you will achieve whatever you want in life. Trialsandtests.
44. When you face discouraging situations, just encourage yourself in the Lord that all will be well. Trialsandtests.
45. Just know that it is well with your soul, no matter what. Trialsandtests.
46. When you lose your faith in the Lord, discouragement from the devil is what will fill you. Trialsandtests.
47. When things get tough, encourage yourself in the Lord that through His grace you will pull through. Trialsandtests.
48. Change takes time. Don’t give up on yourself just because you are not seeing quick results. Trialsandtests.
49. Don’t give up working on yourself because becoming the best version of yourself is all about making small strides that add up over time. Trialsandtests.
50. If you give up on working on yourself, who do you think will work on you on your behalf? Trialsandtests.
51. Be optimistic and don’t ever get discouraged or give up no matter how vain it may seem initially. Sunday Adelaja.
52. The Christian’s chief occupational hazards are depression and discouragement. John Stott.
53. We have to be tuned to God. We will never be free from discouragement and despondency until we know and walk with the very fountainhead of joy. Billy Graham.
54. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward. Thomas A. Edison.
55. Abundant living is realizing that life is a privilege whether it’s adhering to our scripts or not. Craig D. Lounsbrough.
56. Don’t be discouraged by life’s difficulties. With hope and determination, you can triumph over any difficulties. Lailah Gifty Akita.
57. The closer you are to the end of your temporal trials, the louder the voice of critics. Israel More Ayivor.
58. Disappointment focuses on ‘what is not,’ and completely misses the far greater reality of what now is. Craig D. Lounsbrough.
59. Love has no fear, willing to take on anyone. But how much we fear love. Anthony Liccione.
60. The preachers of past failures are the detractors of the success of the present and jeopardizers of the future. ABC.
Hope these 60 discouragement quotes will help you trust in the Lord as He’s the only one that can give you victory over your trials in life. Take care.
Sharing is caring.