Depression can be defined as any low state in your life that causes constant sadness and dejection and the 84 depression quotes below will help you understand this better.
Being depressed is a serious mental health issue that may need some professional therapy to get out of depending on how severe it is.
I hope and pray that the quotes about depression and anxiety below will help you get out of depression as soon as possible and seek professional therapy if needed.
With that said, here are the 84 deep depression quotes and quotes about depression and anxiety to help you defeat depression once and for all.
84 Quotes About Depression.
1. Depression can happen to anyone whether rich or poor. Trialsandtests.
2. You can be the richest person on earth but still, be depressed. Trialsandtests.
3. Depression is what you get when you don’t master your mental health. Trialsandtests.
4. Some people are highly educated in life but still depressed. Trialsandtests.
5. Music can cure all forms of depression and low states if used correctly. Trialsandtests.
6. Don’t be depressed by your past mistakes. Learn for them and move on. Trialsandtests.
7. Remember, you are not alone. Hang in there and you will soon overcome. Trialsandtests.
8. Sometimes, we are the reason why we are depressed in life. Trialsandtests.
9. Lack of self-esteem and self-worth is the mother of all depression. Trialsandtests.
10. If you are depressed don’t ask why but ask how can I do about it. Trialsandtests.
11. Noble deeds and hot baths are the best cures for depression. Dodie Smith.
12. That is all I want in life: for this pain to seem purposeful. Elizabeth Wurtzel.
13. Even for me life had its gleams of sunshine. Charlotte Bronte.
14. If you are chronically down, it is a lifelong fight to keep from sinking. Elizabeth Wurtzel.
15. If you desire healing, let yourself fall ill. Rumi.
16. You’re like a grey sky. You’re beautiful, even though you don’t want to be. Jasmine Warga.
17. I will be stronger than my sadness. Jasmine Warga.
18. Don’t try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night. Philip K. Dick.
19. She wondered that hope was so much harder than despair. Patricia Briggs.
20. If you could read my mind, you wouldn’t be smiling. Tamara Ireland Stone.
21. Luck always seems like it belongs to someone else. David Levien.
22. Be happy if you’re not even happy, what’s so good about surviving? Tom Stoppard.
23. After all, suicide is contagious. Suzanne Young.
24. To get lost is to learn the way. African Proverb.
25. Be strong, take heart all you hope in the Lord. Psalms 31:21.
26. Loneliness breaks the spirit. Jewish Proverb.
27. Anxiety in the heart of a man causes depression but good words make it glad. Prov 12:25.
28. A happy heart makes a face cheerful but heartache crushes the spirit. Prov 15:13.
29. I will never leave you nor forsake you. Hebrews 13:5.
30. Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matt 11:28.
31. The teeth are smiling but is the heart? African Proverb.
32. The frog wanted to be big as an elephant and burst. African Proverb.
33. You will never understand because you are not me. Chinese Proverb.
34. My future is dying before my eyes. Chinese Proverb.
35. The word depressed is spoken phonetically as deep rest. Jewish Quote.
36. Sometimes you need a break from your own thoughts. Samuel Zulu.
37. Too much stress can lead to low states in your life if not dissipated quickly. Samuel Zulu.
38. Just know that any low states in your life can be overcome. Samuel Zulu.
39. Let depression be the reason you want to change for the better. Samuel Zulu.
40. Being depressed is life’s signal that something needs to change drastically. Samuel Zulu.
41. Being depressed in life always has a cause just as fires come with heart. Samuel Zulu.
42. Remember, you are more than worthy. Samuel Zulu.
43. Suicide is just depression gone wild. Samuel Zulu.
44. If you don’t cure your depression on time, you will be the next suicide victim. Samuel Zulu.
45. Uncontrolled lows states is what makes people take their own lives. Samuel Zulu.
46. I find nothing more depressing than optimism. Paul Fussell.
47. The depressed person is a radical, sullen atheist. Julia Kristeva.
48. Dead, but not allowed to die. Alive, but as good as dead. Suzanne Collins.
49. Depression is anger turned inward. Sapphire Push.
50. Most people who think they’re happy are really just stupid. Tom Kitt.
51. The sun stopped shining for me is all. Nina LaCour.
52. I chose fat and functional over slender and miserable. Andrew Solomon.
53. I hope you see what you’ve done to me. Matthew Little.
54. It’s just that some people enjoy seeing others miserable. Trialsandtests.
55. Hurt people will always hurt others. Be on the lookout. Trialsandtests.
56. You can’t fully understand depression if you haven’t experienced it. Trialsandtests.
57. You are a work in progress. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Trialsandtests.
58. The fact that you are alive makes it a miracle worth celebrating. Trialsandtests.
59. You are already good enough. Stop second-guessing yourself. Trialsandtests.
60. Too much negative self-talk by most people is why they are depressed. Trialsandtests.
61. Woke up this morning afraid I was gonna live. Elizabeth.
62. I am alive because you want me to. Santosh Kalwar.
63. The opposite of play doesn’t work; the opposite of play is depression. Brian Sutton-Smith.
64. The smiles of the unhappiest are often the widest. Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
65. Behind every fake smile, lies hidden unresolved pain. Samuel Zulu.
66. Some people aren’t as happy as they see. Don’t believe social media. Samuel Zulu.
67. None is perfect and we all go throw low moments. Just hanging there. Samuel Zulu.
68. It’s those who seem to have the most that seems the unhappiest. Interesting. Samuel Zulu.
69. The less you have, the happier and less stressful you will be. Samuel Zulu.
70. If you are feeling low, just listen to your favourite music. That will do the trick. Samuel Zulu.
71. The sight of such aching beauty would infuse his soul with pain. Tabitha Suzuma.
72. The rain fell like dead bullets. Scott Nicholson.
73. I got a monster within my own self. John Zea.
74. It’s hard to part the curtains when the dark holds such familiarity. Donna Lynn Hope.
75. I was so self-critical. I still am, but it’s not as bad anymore. Fiona Apple.
76. Self-love is the first step to cure any low states you are having. Trialsandtests.
77. He who hates himself must not complain as to why he’s depressed. Trialsandtests.
78. If you hate yourself, just know depression is just around the corner. Trialsandtests.
79. Most people are too hard on themselves which is why they are depressed. Trialsandtests.
80. The less you become critical about yourself, the better things get for you. Trialsandtests.
81. Stop hating yourself and depression will be far from you. Trialsandtests.
82. The Lord is always close to the brokenhearted and wounded in spirit. Trialsandtests.
83. If your heart isn’t happy, you won’t be happy as well. Trialsandtests.
84. Start loving yourself today and before you know it, you be up and running. Trialsandtests.
Hope these 84 depression quotes will help you overcome depression and any low states in your life. Take care.
Sharing is caring.