Below is a list of 60 church quotes and quotes about church to remind you that being a churchgoer doesn’t equate to being a saint. Anyone can be a churchgoer but that doesn’t automatically make them true disciples of Christ as there are so many hypocrites in churches today. May these 60 church quotes help you differentiate a true church from a false church.
60 Quotes About Church.
1. All people go to church but not all churchgoers are genuine Christians fit for heaven. Samuel Zulu.
2. Being a church goes doesn’t mean you are a saint as there are many devils in the church masquerading as angels. Samuel Zulu.
3. Sadly, for most people, going to church is nothing more than a mere formality to show how religious they are. Samuel Zulu.
4. If going to church doesn’t help you to prepare for heaven, then you are just wasting your precious time. Samuel Zulu.
5. Churchgoers are some of the worst hypocrites and judgmental people you will ever meet in your lifetime. Samuel Zulu.
6. Just because someone says Lord, Lord in the church doesn’t mean that person is a true disciple of Christ. Samuel Zulu.
7. In every denomination, there are sheep and goats just as there are losers and winners in life. Samuel Zulu.
8. Going to church must help you prepare for eternity and make it for heaven when all is said and done. Samuel Zulu.
9. There is only one true universal church and that is the one with truly born again heavenly Christians. Samuel Zulu.
10. May going to church help you draw closer to God and not away from Him. Samuel Zulu.
11. There are so many false churches today that is why there are so many fake Christians, too. Samuel Zulu.
12. Fake hypocritical Christians is what you get when fake churches proliferate. Samuel Zulu.
13. A fake church will always breed fake Christians who are carnal and earthy minded. Samuel Zulu.
14. Sadly, most people nowadays prefer clubbing and watching games to going to church. Samuel Zulu.
15. It’s so unfortunate that some people just go to church to judge others instead of examining their own lives. Samuel Zulu.
16. The church must suffer for speaking the truth, for pointing out sin, for uprooting sin. Oscar A. Romero.
17. The church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints. Abigail Van Buren.
18. The church is not a gallery for the exhibition of eminent Christians but a school for the educated of imperfect ones. Henry Ward Beecher.
19. The stone was rolled away from the door not to permit Christ to come out but to enable the disciples to go in. Peter Marshall.
20. God seeks us eagerly as we seek God. Forrest Church.
21. We all know that a church is not a building. Robert Schuller.
22. I think one of the things the church service means is hope. Jeremiah Wright.
23. The fact that you don’t feel Him God holding you doesn’t change the fact that He still is. Wayne Jacobsen and Dave Coleman.
24. Most Religions are Social Clubs with expensive Entertainment Cheap Wine and Stale Crackers. Stanley Victor Paskavich.
25. Christians don’t tell lies they just go to church and sing them. A.W. Tozer.
26. I experienced one of the common miracles of the Christian life. Our spirits recognized each other. Brother Andrew.
27. Unless we learn how to humbly tell each other our giving stories, our churches will not learn to give. Randy Alcorn.
28. And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works. Hebrews 10:24.
29. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Matthew 18:20.
30. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Colossians 3:15.
31. But speaking the truth in love may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ. Ephesians 4:15.
32. So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. Romans 12:5.
33. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock, I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Matthew 16:18.
34. Sheep and wolves are present in any church gathering. Samuel Zulu.
35. A church is more than just an assembly of people gathered together. Samuel Zulu.
36. Don’t give Christianity a bad name by going to church and acting like you don’t by your actions. Samuel Zulu.
37. Sadly, some people just go to church to give God a bad name. Samuel Zulu.
38. Better not go to church than going to church and give God a bad name through your hypocritical behaviour. Samuel Zulu.
39. Christianity isn’t just a Sunday ritual practice but something you must practice daily all the days of your life. Samuel Zulu.
40. Sadly, most people are only saints on Sunday but devils all the day of the week to Saturday. Samuel Zulu.
41. Want to know if someone is just a mere churchgoer or a true Christian? Check how that person behaves on Monday to Saturday. Samuel Zulu.
42. We live in an era where most churches have gone bankrupt in teaching the whole truth. Samuel Zulu.
43. Church isn’t a place where you just kick the tires but a place to prepare you for the life to come in eternity. Samuel Zulu.
44. All can be churchgoers but not all of them are saints. Samuel Zulu.
45. The church has now become the safest place to hid all manner of scandals. What a shame. Samuel Zulu.
46. Too many candles will burn down the church. Portuguese Proverb.
47. New churches and new bars are seldom empty. American Proverb.
48. Without money one cannot go anywhere, not even to church. Croatian Proverb.
49. A good example is like a bell that calls many to church. Danish Proverb.
50. There are many preacher and teacher who don’t hear. African Proverb.
51. The nearer the church, the further from God. English Proverb.
52. The church is an anvil that has worn out many hammers. English Proverb.
53. To him who loves the world, going to church is an inconvenience. Samuel Zulu.
54. Instead of drawing you close to God; most churches these days draw you further away from Him. Samuel Zulu.
55. A church that is full of entertainment is no different than a party at the bar or club. Samuel Zulu.
56. The church is supposed to be all about Christ but sadly it’s now all about our greedy selves. Samuel Zulu.
57. No church without a sermon. Czech Proverb.
58. He who doesn’t know the church worships the stove. Czech Proverb.
59. When the goat goes to church, he does not stop till he gets to the altar. Irish Proverb.
60. Where God builds a church, the devil builds a chapel. German Proverb.
Hope these 60 church quotes will help you fully understand what a true church is all about and what it comprises of to avoid being duped by false churches just after money. Take care.
Sharing is caring.