Today in this post, you will discover 20 inspirational bible verses about strength in hard times which will give you the strength you need if you are currently going through hard times in your life.
Life is indeed full of ups and downs which can be overwhelming at times at the point of you want to call it quits on life.
Most people resort to committing suicide when life overwhelms them which isn’t a smart idea. This phenomenon affects all classes of people regardless of social status or education.
But this must not be you as I will share with you the top 20 bible verse about strength and courage to strengthen and recharge you.
With that said, let’s look at the 20 inspirational bible verse about strength which will recharge your depleted batteries.
20 Inspirational Bible Verses About Strength
Here are 20 inspirational bible verses about strength in hard times which will strengthen you right now if your strength is depleted and need of recharging.
1. Do not grieve for the joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
The above scripture on strength tells us that the joy of the Lord is indeed our strength. We should therefore not grieve or be weary.
If the joy of the Lord is your strength, grieving isn’t necessary. Grieving and weariness are for those whose strength isn’t in the joy of the Lord.
2. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4: 13.
We can indeed do all things through Christ who is the source of all our strength. That statement was said by Paul to encourage the early Christians in the early church.
Whenever you find yourself in difficult circumstances, always remember that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you just like Paul believed.
3. The Name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run into it and are safe. Proverbs 18:10.
God’s name is a strong secure tower where his righteous children run to which keeps them safe from all evils of this world and the devil who is like a roaring lion always on the hunt.
Those who are not in the Lord or run away from his protection are easily caught by the devil and ensnared into the hands of the wicked ones.
4. Do not fear for I am with you. Do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous hand. Isaiah 41:10.
Those words were uttered to Isaiah in his ministry by the Lord encouraging him not to fear or be dismayed by his enemies in his time of ministry.
In like manner, we shouldn’t fear anything because the Lord is always on our side to strengthen us, help us in hard times, and hold us with his mighty hand.
5. Be strong and of good courage. Fear not nor be afraid of them. For the Lord thy God doth go with thee will not fail thee nor forsake thee. Deuteronomy 31:6.
Similar to the above bible passage on number 4, this is one of the best bible verses for strength in the Old Testament where God promised the children of Israel that he will not leave or forsake them.
The above verse tells us that God will never leave nor forsake us, unlike humans who will leave or abandon you without warning especially when you need them most.
6. Be of good courage and he shall strengthen your heart all ye that hope in the Lord. Psalms 31:4
The Lord strengthens those who hope and trust in him with all their heart like their lives depends on him because it surely does.
Only the Lord is worthy of your trust as he will never let you down as people do. Put all your confidence in the Lord and he will strengthen and establish your heart in the right path.
7. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly, therefore, will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9.
In our weakness, our strength is made perfect through the grace of the Lord which is sufficient for us which makes him glorified in our weaknesses or infirmities.
That scripture was uttered by Paul who had a thorn in his flesh which troubled him but he still counted in all joy in his trails as he knew the grace of his Lord was sufficient for him.
8. Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1: 9.
When it comes to the Old Testament, this is one of my favorite bible verses about the strength I also remind myself of and meditate on.
Just as the Lord instructed Joshua to be strong and of good courage when he was about to battle, we too must be of good courage because God is always on our side to fight our battles.
9. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Isaiah 40:29.
If you are feeling weak and exhausted in life, this bible passage on strength is for you. All you need to do is ask the Lord for his strength to help you overcome difficult times you may be going through.
So, don’t let your heart faint or be troubled if you are weak as the Lord is always at your doorstep ready to recharge your batteries at any moment notice.
10. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2Timothy 1:7.
In the New Testament series, this is one of my favorite inspirational bible verses about strength which I cling on when fear tries to overpower me in my life.
Whenever I face fear in my life, I remind myself of this verse knowing that the Lord has not given me a spirit of fear but of power, love, and peace.
Therefore, there is no need of letting the fear of the unknown distract you from doing what matters the most to you as God has not given you a spirit of fear and timidity as his dear child.
Bible Verses About Courage
This subsection of our main topic will now show you the 10 bible verses about courage which will strengthen you in this tough world we live in. Stay tuned for more.
11. Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually. 1 Chronicles 16:11.
The above scripture encourages Christina to seek the strength of the Lord and his face continually and not just once.
If you seek the strength of the Lord continuously, you will not lack or want anything as the Lord has all that you will ever need at your disposal.
12. And what the land is, whether it be fat or lean, whether there be wood therein, or not. And be ye of good courage, and bring of the fruit of the land. Now the time was the time of the first ripe grapes. Numbers 13:20.
Just like the bible passages about strength and courage earlier discussed in this post, the above scripture emphasizes that we must be of courage.
That scripture was given to the children of Israel in the Old Testament during the time Moses was leading them which still applies to us today.
13. And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God. 1 Samuel 30:6.
This scripture tells us even when everyone rises against you and have no one to lean to, you should always encourage and confide yourself in the safety & caring arms of the Lord.
Just as David was distressed as people rose against him, we too as Christians we will sometimes have people including friends rise against us out of nowhere.
But just as David confided in the Lord even when everyone rose against him, you too must only trust and put your confidence in God as he unlike human beings can never let you down.
14. And David said to Solomon his son, be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD. 1 Chronicles 28: 20.
When David what advanced in years, he encouraged his son to be of good courage and reminded him that God will always be on his side to strengthen him.
We too should be encouraged by the above scripture and apply it in our personal lives and always remind ourselves that the Lord will always be on our side and ensure that we fulfill what we were meant to do here on earth.
15. He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail. 1 Samuel 2:9.
Indeed, the Lord will always strengthen, keep and preserve the feet of his saints from the wicked one along with the evils of this world.
When the Lord is on your side as his dear child, no one can prevail against you. The Lord in his might will quickly crush your enemies under your foot who are against you.
16. God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect. 2 Samuel 22:33.
The above bible verse on strength show cases that for Christians, the Lord is the source of their strength and power.
As a Christian, you don’t need to worry where you will get the strength you need to overcome your life’s challenges because the Lord is always available to strengthen and recharge your batteries at any moment’s notice.
17. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Isaiah 40:29.
Uttered by Isaiah in the Old Testament, that beautiful scripture tells us that the Lord gives power and strength to the weak and faint.
Especially if you are his child whose sins have been washed away by the precious blood of Christ, Jesus, you don’t need to worry where your strength will come from as his child.
18. The righteous cry and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. Psalms 34:17.
When you face distress in your life that is the verse you need to remember because the Lord will hear your cries for deliverance if you call upon him.
God will always hear your cries and prayers as well as delivering you from all your troubles if you abide in him by keeping your white robe spotless in this polluted world.
19. And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God; and they shall abide: for now shall he be great unto the ends of the earth. Micah 5:4.
In the strength and majesty of the name of the Lord do his children stand victoriously above anything which wants to militate against them.
Additionally, true Christians or saints will abide in the name of the Lord forever and ever throughout all eternity and in this present world if we keep ourselves spotless.
20. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds’ feet, and he will make me walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments. Habakkuk 3:19.
Last and not least, the above scriptures is the one I want you to meditate on daily and always remind yourself that your strength comes from the Lord.
With that said, you now need to get rid of the fear which may have captivated you for long as you finish reading this post.
I hope you enjoyed all the 20 bible verses about strength and courage during hard times and hope these scriptures have recharged and renewed your strength after reading them.
You only need to meditate on two or three bible passages about the strength you have read in this post to help you become courageous in life.
With that said, kindly share this post with everyone you know as the will benefit as well if you enjoyed it. Sharing is caring. Cheers and have a blessed day.