Below is a list of 45 bad parenting quotes and quotes on bad parenting to give you a better understanding of this issue. Bad parenting has devastating effects on children which in turn affect their future relationships and parenting if the past childhood traumas due to bad parenting aren’t dealt with. But the bad parenting quotes below will remind you that you don’t have to carry on the hurtful legacy of your abusive parents. Enjoy.
45 Quotes On Bad Parenting.
1. Bad parents are never self-conscious about the welfare of their children. Samuel Zulu.
2. Bad parenting is among the reasons why children get distant from their parents when they become adults. Samuel Zulu.
3. The effects of bad parenting affect a child in an imaginable way that makes that child have low self-esteem. Samuel Zulu.
4. Depressed and needy children and adults are often victims of bad parenting. Samuel Zulu.
5. Grown adults who are victims of bad parenting are often needy and with insecurity issues. Samuel Zulu.
6. Bad parenting and toxic parenting are closely related cousins thought the latter is much more destructive to the children. Samuel Zulu.
7. Bad and toxic parenting differ in one important aspect in that the former is easier to rectify while the latter needs professional therapy to heal from its toxic effects. Samuel Zulu.
8. In a good parenting system, children don’t choose sides but are encouraged to love both parents equally. Samuel Zulu.
9. With bad parenting, children are forced to choose sides between parents. Samuel Zulu.
10. You are supposed to be loved for who you are. Sadly, that isn’t the case for so many children out there. Samuel Zulu.
11. Bad parents don’t care about the behaviour of their children because they are bad examples to them. Samuel Zulu.
12. The emotional and mental wellbeing in a bad parenting system is often neglected as it doesn’t matter when it surely does. Samuel Zulu.
13. Being a bad parent is a sign of not having learned from experience. Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
14. If mental abuse was a punishable crime, a lot of parents would be in jail serving a long term. Maddy Malhotra.
15. Fear-based parenting is the surest way to create intimidated children. Tim Kimmel.
16. Being a parent does not give you an excuse for bad manners. Rosalind Wiseman.
17. Instead of treating your child like how you were treated. Treat them with the same love and attention you want from your parents while growing up. Jonathan Anthony Burkett.
18. The hardest job kids face today is learning good manners without seeing any. Fed Astaire.
19. Parents got to fill a child’s bucket of self-esteem so high that the remainder of the planet can’t poke enough holes to empty it dry. Alvin Price.
20. The proper way of training children is identical to the proper way of treating fellow human beings. Rudolf Dreikurs.
21. Bad parents always want to be seen as right and appear “angelic and saintly” as if they never had horrible youth days. Israelmore Ayivor.
22. Unhealthy families discourage individual expression. Everyone must conform to the thoughts and actions of toxic parents. Susan Forward.
23. Abandonment by narcissistic parents has caused children to live in fear, guilt, rejection, resentment, and negativity eventually they have become narcissistic Adults. Shaila Touchton.
24. Don’t you just love children? If they’re not disappointing you, they’re dead. Shawn Wickersheim.
25. Perfectionist parents seem to operate under the illusion that if they can just get their children to be perfect, they will be a perfect family. Susan Forward.
26. Bad parenting will do more damage to a child than being fatherless or motherless shall ever do. Samuel Zulu.
27. You don’t have to be a perfect parent to get your point to your child but bad parents insist on being perfect all the time. Samuel Zulu.
28. Past childhood trauma must not dictate how you treat your children. Samuel Zulu.
29. Don’t use past family abuse as revenge as a way of trying to make up for what you never experienced in your early childhood. Samuel Zulu.
30. Remember, as a parent how you treat your children is a true reflection of your true inner character. Samuel Zulu.
31. You owe it to your children by seeing a good example of how you treat them as they are your biological children, anyway. Samuel Zulu.
32. Very often, children who are victims of bad parenting struggle to heave healthy drama-free relationships. Samuel Zulu.
33. Love and affection in t toxic parenting setup are not regarded but treated as an afterthought. Samuel Zulu.
34. Yes, you may have suffered abuse in your past but it’s not your children’s fault that you were abused in the past. Samuel Zulu.
35. Children have nothing to do with the abusive past of their parents that is why it’s unfair to ill-treat your children just because you had a rough childhood. Samuel Zulu.
36. Past abuse must not determine your future parenting. You can always break that abusive legacy of abuse and be free, dear. Samuel Zulu.
37. Just because your parents were abusive doesn’t mean you must carry on that shameful and hurtful legacy. Samuel Zulu.
38. Your rough childhood must motivate you to be a better parent and not worse than your abusive parents in your early childhood. Samuel Zulu.
39. Your children must not be treated as criminals for your past abuse they had nothing to do with. Samuel Zulu.
40. Just because your pain is understandable, doesn’t mean your behaviour is acceptable. Steve Maraboli.
41. Some have said that Frankenstein is a story of bad parenting giving rise to a troubled child. Dave Morris.
42. Having a child who is struggling doesn’t make you a bad parent just as being a child who is struggling doesn’t make your child a bad kid. Ann Douglas.
43. Somehow I believed it was my obligation to try to do the right thing by her because she had given birth to me. D.G. Kaye.
44. Statistics show that a narcissistic mother has a 98% chance of raising a narcissistic son. As a result, he will lie, cheat, steal, & in some cases, kill. Mitta Xinindlu.
45. We forget to survive our childhoods when we are dependent on our parents’ goodwill. Victoria Secunda.
I hope the 45 bad parenting quotes above will remind you that there is nothing wrong with you if you had a rough childhood and that you don’t have to carry on that toxic legacy. Peace.
Sharing is caring.