This post contains a list of 36 quotes about loss, quotes for loss or quotes about loss of a loved one which will comfort you if you have experienced a loss of any kind.
Loss, grief, and indeed one of the most painful things you may ever experience especially if it’s a loss of loved ones as loss comes suddenly like a thief in the night.
In such situations, it’s easy to lose hope or think the world has come to an end but don’t lose hope as the loss quotes below are what you need if you are having such depressing thoughts.
With that said, here are the top 36 comforting quotes about loss and grief to help you heal & overcome your loss and to get up on your foot again.
36 Healing Quotes About Loss To Heal Your Loss
1. Loss is just an inevitable part of life that we all must face at some point in life. Trialsandtests.com.
It’s just a matter of fact that loss and grief are the things we all face and must face as long as we live in this troublesome wicked world.
Regardless of social and educational status, you will face loss in one way or the other as loss isn’t a respecter of persons.
2. There is no greater pain than losing a loved one so dear and close to you. Trialsandtests.com.
So true, losing a loved one is one of the greatest loss and pains you will ever face in life due to the special place they hold in your heart.
As losing a loved one dear to you means that a special part of your heart has also been taken away from you which you will never get to see again.
3. Sometimes, we need to lose everything in order to gain what we never had. Trialsandtests.com.
The above saying is one of the best uplift quotes about loss I can give you if you have suffered or experienced loss in one way or the other.
Yes. At times, you need to lose everything for you to gain what you never had like new strength and perspective on things which will always matter in life & which will never will.
4. There is nothing you can do if you lose a loved one when their appointed time to live this troublesome wicked world has come. All you can do is to be gracious and thankful for the little time you had together. Trialsandtests.com.
If you have lost a loved one in your life, the above quote about loss is for you to help you appreciate the time you have with your loved one while alive.
As much as we wouldn’t like to lose a loved one but if their appointed time has come to depart from this nasty world, they have to go to rest. All you can do is say thank you.
5. Loss teaches us gratitude and why we should be grateful for the people we have in our lives and not to take them for granted because when they leave us, it will be too late to make any amends. Trialsandtests.com.
We must not take the people we have in our lives for granted especially loved ones because when they leave this world. It will be too late to show them how you loved them.
It’s only when people lose something do they begin to appreciate what they had but that’s too late, anyway & meaningless. You appreciate the person when alive not when dead.
6. When you hear someone lost a person so dear to them that should be a wake-up call of why you must not take anyone for granted especially those closest to you. Trialsandtests.com.
Don’t take people who are important in your life for granted especially when you hear someone has lost a loved one in their life.
Instead, it should encourage you to be more grateful for the people that mean the most to you by being with them and not allowing yourself to be carried away by the cares of this life.
7. Don’t wait until it’s too late to say I love you to the people who mean the most to you in your life because when they die, it will be too late. Now is the time to tell them that you love and appreciate them. Trialsandtests.com.
Similar to the above loss quotes earlier discussed, the above quote reminds us once again not to wait until it’s too late to show how much wed loved people close to us (loved ones).
Now is the time to tell them that you love them. Don’t withhold the love you have for you loved ones. Show it, give hugs and kisses to your loved ones and tell them with your mouth.
8. Losing someone in your life must be a reminder that life is short and unpredictable and why you must not take your one and only dear life for granted. Trialsandtests.com.
When you lose someone especially a loved one that must be a wakeup call for you that life is simply too short to be taken for granted.
So, don’t hold grudges with your loved ones. Learn to forgive and forget. After all, they are your loved ones and if they depart, you will be very sorry that you held grudges against them.
9. Sometimes, the loss is necessary so that we can have a new perspective on things that matter the most in this life. Trialsandtests.com.
Yep, sometimes you need to lose something so as to have a new perspective on what really matters in this life and beyond and what won’t.
Loss sometimes reminds you that at times some things you lose in life are not really that important after all as you initially thought.
10. The worst loss one will ever have in this life and beyond is the loss of his or her precious and priceless soul. Trialsandtests.com.
Of all the quotes bout loss discussed so far, this is the quote I want you to take to heart and act on as no one really talks about it these days in this materialistic world we live in.
Losing your soul is the worst and most catastrophic loss one will ever have in this life & beyond even more so than losing a loved one. Save your soul, it’s that precious.
11. Losing your identity is among the worst losses one can ever have because when you lose your identity and your own uniqueness, you slowly begin to die inside. Trialsandtests.com.
Another greatest loss one can ever have in life is the loss of his or her identity which is the mirror image of who you are at the core.
When you lose your identity due to society or trying to live someone else’s life, you begin to slowly die inside. Let not that be the case be with you. Embrace your unique identity, please.
12. When it comes to grief and loss everyone talks about the loss of a loved one in their lives b but did you know that losing your individuality for the sake of pleasing others or the society is the greatest loss you will ever have when your earthly life come to a conclusion? Trialsandtests.com.
Similar to the above quote on loss, the above quote is reinforcing the same thing about losing your individuality for the sake of pleasing society or others.
Dear, if you lose your identity due to that, you will bitterly regret it at the end and you will wish that you had not been born into this world. Don’t make this tragic most are making.
13. It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything. Chuck Palahniuk.
Sometimes, loss frees us to do certain things we weren’t able to do prior to it. This is why after losing something, you usually have a new perspective on things which will always matter and things which were only meant to matter for a season.
14. Despite your best efforts, people are going to be hurt when it’s time for them to be hurt. Haruki Murakami.
Loss and grief come to all and we all get hurt by them when our time comes to do so and no matter how you may try to avert it. In such a situation, it’s best to give space to people who are hurting as a result of losing something or someone so dear to them.
15. Anyone who has lost something they thought was theirs forever finally comes to realize that nothing really belongs to them. Paulo Coelho.
When you lose something, you realize that you don’t own anything thing in this world and that you are already naked and there is nothing you will take with you when you die. This is why you must not have an emotional attachment to the thighs of this world as they are temporary.
16. It all goes away. Eventually, everything goes away. Elizabeth Gilbert.
Similar to the above quote on loss, the same thing is being emphasized here that all that we have here on earth will grow wings’ and fly away. Therefore, it makes no sense to stress about material things which you won’t take with you when you die or trying to live up to the Jones.
17. Sometimes, only one person is missing and the whole universe seems depopulated. Alphonse De Lamartine.
The above saying by Alphonse is very relevant especially if you lost a loved one who held a special place in your heart and meant a world to you. This is especially true if you lost your significant other unexpectedly which make you feel extremely lonely without that person.
18. It’s hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember. Sujish Kandampully.
True indeed, you can’t forget someone who gave you a lot to remember and meant a lot to you especially with so many fake people in society who are nothing but a waste of time. If you have you significant other, treasure that person while alive.
19. Grief is just loved with no place to go. James Anderson.
In short, grief is just another way of showing how you loved the person you have lost but not fake grief of course as there are a lot of fake mourners nowadays at funerals. So, if you have to grieve as the way of showing how you loved the person you lost, let it be honest.
20. Mostly it is a loss which teaches us about the worth of things. Arthur Schopenhauer.
Yep, that quote by Arthur couldn’t be further from the truth as we only know the true worth of something when it’s no longer there just like the old saying which says, “water is only appreciated when you are thirsty.” So, treasure what you have now not when it’s gone.
21. Listen to God with a broken heart. He is not only the doctor who mends it but also the father who wipes away the tears. Criss Jami.
The above comforting loss quote is for all those who are experiencing grief and loss in one way or the other to put their trust in the Lord. As the Lord is the only one who can heal your grief and restore what you have lost ten fords as he did for Job in the Bible.
22. You never know what you have till you’ve lost it. Alyson Noel, Evermore.
Similar to all the quotes about loss earlier discussed, that quote by Alyson is still reminding us that only when you lost something will you truly know what you had. So, don’t take what you have for granted as others don’t have what you have but are grateful for what you have.
23. You don’t know who is important to you until you actually lose them. Mahatma Gandhi.
Like the previous saying about loss, we are once again reminded that it’s only when you lose someone will you realize how much that person meant to you though that shouldn’t be the case? So, learn to appreciate people who mean the most to you in your life by being there for them when they need you the most.
24. That it will never come again is what makes life sweet. Emily Dickinson.
Sometimes, losing something makes your life sweet. You know why? This is because certain things are only meant to last for a season and not a lifetime. When those things or people have run their course, they must leave and go as what goes up must come down.
25. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Matthew 5:4.
This post on loss quote won’t be complete if I didn’t include some bible passages about loss and grief as they are the best source of comfort if you experience loss or grief. So that verse is for you if you are mourning due to loss as the Lord is ready to strengthen & comfort you.
26. And ye now, therefore, have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. John 16:22.
That verse above was spoked by Jesus to his disciples when he ascended to heaven encouraging them though they have sorrow that he will no longer be with them, they should be joyful as they will see him again. This applies to you as well if you are a Christian.
27. Never let a win get to your head or a loss to your heart. Chuck D.
Chuck. D is trying to tell us we should never allow the loss to get to our hearts or think that the world has come to an end as we are not the first people to have suffered loss or grief. So, if you have lost something, take it easy, you will heal eventually from that loss over time.
28. Adversity and loss make a man wise. Welsh Proverb.
It’s only when we lose something do we become wiser and more responsible with what we have left. It’s when we learn not to take anything or anyone for granted as loss or adversity makes people think sharply and outside the box where they were boxed in before.
29. No matter how painful the loss, the bereaved won’t be buried with a corpse. African Proverb.
According to that African Proverb about loss and grief, you can’t go to the grave with your lost loved ones no matter how you mourn for them or how painful the loss. Is. You just have to learn that loss is part of life and happens to everyone regardless of social or educational status.
30. Death is never at a loss for occasions. Greek Proverb.
In short, death never runs out of venues or people to show itself to when it’s time to show up has come. Therefore, death is everywhere and will never miss any occasion when it’s time to reveal itself has come which is why we must live our life wisely as we don’t know when death will strike.
31. Sometimes, God will allow you to lose something so that he can bless you with something way better far exceeding your wildest dreams. Trialsandtests.com
This is always the case especially if you are a true born again Christian. At times, you might be tempted to question God why he has allowed you to lose what you have lost. But the bottom line is that God has something way better for you than what you have lost. So just trust him as he will bless you with something even better than what you have lost.
32. Loss isn’t necessarily a bad thing especially when you have to lose and let go of things and people who no longer add value to your life or no longer help you grow. Trialsandtests.com.
Not all losses are bad. At times, losing something is a blessing in disguise. This is especially true if you have to let go of things and people who no longer help you grow or add value to your life. In such cases, a loss is indeed something to be welcomed with open arms as it’s for your own good long term.
33. Loss is like barter exchange trade because when you lose something, you often get something in exchange usually more valuable than what you lost. Trialsandtests.com.
The above quote is always the case especially when you lose what you thought was important in order to have what will always be important in your life. If you lose something valuable, you begin to appreciate the little things in your life which you didn’t previously do.
34. Sometimes, it’s good to lose people in our lives especially fake people and fake friends who don’t add value to our lives but are just there to get something from us. Trialsandtests.com.
For all those struggling to let go of people they know no longer help them to grow, the above saying on loss is for you. Remember, losing fake people who never were is a blessing which will give you room for the right people who will always be i.e. people who are meant to be with you your entire life’s journey and who will help you grow and not just get something from you.
35. The only time you shouldn’t mourn or grieve is when you lose fake people and fake friends in your life. Trialsandtests.com.
Never mourn when you lose fake people or fake friends who were only meant to happen in your life and teach you important life lessons but were never meant to be. Some people are only meant to be with you for a season to teach you what you need to know.
36. I didn’t just lose you but I also lost the greatest companionship I will ever have in my life. Trialsandtests.com.
Lastly, if you have lost a dear one in your life, let that quote comfort you in times of grief. Indeed, when you lost someone special to you, you don’t just lose them but you also lose the fulfilling companionship you had with then when they were alive but don’t lose heart as the Lord will give you another life companion better than the one you have lost.
That’s all the 36 quotes about loss I had to share with you in this post and I hope you found some comfort and solace in them.
Losing a loved one or anything dear to you can indeed be a painful thing but one thing you should understand is that you are not alone and that grief and loss is just part of life.
But remember, the Lord is always there to comfort you in your loss and grief and he is closer to the brokenhearted and he hears the cry of the broken.
In closing, if you found comfort in this post, kindly share it to everyone you know who may be going through loss or grief as the will be comforted too. Sharing is caring. Cheers.
Other Related Posts For You To Read.
- 100 Exotic Inspirational Quotes About Life And Struggles
- 30 Grief Quotes For Overcoming Grief You Will Ever Need
- 50 Godly Motivational Quotes To Uplift You – [God Motivational Quotes]
- 60 Bible Verses About Life Struggles To Help You Overcome Trials Joyfully