This post may contain some affiliate links. Meaning, when you purchase something using the links on this page which I will be grateful for, I get a commission at no extra cost to you which keeps my blog running. Click here for more information.
This post you are about to read contains a list of 25 letting go of a relationship quotes & letting of a toxic relationship quotes to help you ditch all obsolete relationships you may be in.
Yes, letting go of a relationship is hard due to emotional attachment formed between the two people involved in that relationship & if you have been together for quite some time.
However, if the relationship you are in is toxic, abusive and doesn’t add value in your life, you must ditch it as there are better fulfilling godly relationships for you out there.
Without wasting much of your precious time, here are the top 25 letting go of a relationship quote you will ever need to get closure on relationships, which have run their course.
25 Letting Go Of A Relationship Quotes
1. Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward towards finding the answer. Denis Waitley.
Indeed, learn to move forwards and past relationships you have left behind. Stop focusing on why the relationship didn’t work out but on what’s ahead of you.
There are way better and fulfilling relationships waiting for you out there than the relationships you have left behind. Let go and move on.
2. Letting go means to realize that some people are part of your history but not part of your destiny. Steve Maraboli.
One of the best letting go of a relationship quotes reminding you that certain people can only be part of your history & not your future which is why you have to let them go.
And people who are meant to be with you your entire life journey up to the end will come to you at the right time when you let go of relationships meant only to be with you for a season.
3. You don’t let go of a bad relationship because you stop caring about them. You let go because you start caring about yourself. Charles Orlando.
Letting go of toxic relationships which are bad for your emotional wellbeing isn’t an act of selfishness or meaning you hate that person you are leaving.
It’s just that you value and care for yourself so much that you can’t allow yourself to be a victim of a toxic relationship when there are better godly relationships for you out there.
4. To have happy relationships in your life, you must first let go of those which make you sad. Trialsandtests.com.
In short, to attract & give space for the right relationships in your life meant for you, you must first let go of bad relationships in your life which have nothing to do with your future.
Only when you do so, will you begin to attract the right relationships in your life which align with your goals in life like a magnet which only attracts magnetic materials.
5. There is no need of stressing about expired relationships with are nothing but a former shell of themselves. Trialsandtests.com.
This is one of the best quotes about letting go of a relationship I can give you if you are struggling to let go of toxic relationships you know are not beneficial for your life.
Indeed, it’s a waste of time to stress about relationships which no longer help you grow but bring only drama in your life. Ditch such crappy relationships for better ones.
6. Let go of any relationship which subtracts something valuable from you rather than adding more value to your life. Trialsandtests.com.
Any relationships which don’t add value in your life or bring you down must be thrown out of the window once and for all. You deserve happy and fulfilling relationships, remember.
Invest only in godly relationships which add value in your life and not sinful relationships which will defile you or degrade you with their toxicity, jealousy and drama.
7. If a relationship you are in is abusive and doesn’t help you grow, it’s time to pack your bag and leave for something better. Trialsandtests.com.
Similar to the letting of a relationship quotes earlier discussed, the above saying is a reminder to all those in toxic and abusive relationships to wake up.
There is no need of being in an abusive relationship when there are better relationships out there waiting for you to discover. Dich any abusive relationships in your life, please.
8. Some relationships are only meant to last a season to teach you valuable lessons you need for the right future relationship meant to be with you for a lifetime. Trialsandtests.com.
True indeed, some relationships are only meant to be with you for a season to equip you with much-needed lessons for the right relationship in future you will be with for life.
And when you find that one relationship you were meant to be with, you will be glad that you had to let go of relationships which were not right for you but learnt useful lessons from them.
9. At times, you have to let go of a relationship, which you thought was right for you to find that one relationship meant for you to be with for life. Trialsandtests.com.
For all those struggling to let go of relationships they know aren’t right for them the above quote on letting go of relationships which aren’t right for you is for you.
Yes, at times, you have to ditch relationships you thought were right for you, at first sight, to be with relationships you were meant to be with at the right time.
10. Parting ways sometimes may be the only solution if the two people involved in a relationship aren’t compatible in values, beliefs and goals in life. Trialsandtests.com.
Sometimes, that’s one of the best options for both of you if you are in a relationship where you are constantly arguing over childish things & not compatible with core values.
If that is the case, parting ways is the best solution for both parties involved to avoid unnecessary heartaches in future when the knot is tied on the marriage altar.
11. Some relationships are not worth the hustle if lies and deceit are involved and are better left behind. Trialsandtests.com.
If you are in a relationship where lies, hypocrisy and deceit are the order of the day, then that relationships are nothing but a waste of time.
And you are better of leaving such fake relationships on their own & in your past and move on to better honest relationships you deserve waiting for you in the horizon.
12. Letting go of a wrong and toxic troublesome relationship is better than staying in it. Trialsandtests.com.
This is one of the best letting go of a toxic relationship quotes I can give you if you are in troublesome and toxic relationships.
If you are in one, remember, ditching such unhealthy toxic relationships is way better than being in one to avoid being suffocated with their toxicity and drama.
13. Letting go of wrong relationships in your life gives way to happy and fulfilling relationships you deserve & were meant to have in life. Trialsandtests.com.
Like other similar quotes about letting go of relationships, the above saying reminds us that to have the right relationships in our lives, we must ditch the wrong ones.
The reason most people fail to find the right relationships they deserve or meant for them is that they hold on to the wrong relationships like super glue. Don’t be such a person.
14. If a relationship you are in makes you worse than you were alone, then that relationship isn’t right for you & not worth your time to keep. Trialsandtests.com.
Yep, if a relationship you are in makes you worse than you were before when you were single, it’s time to revaluate that relationship if it’s right for you.
A relationship which makes you worse than you were when you were alone rather than making you a better version of you isn’t worth your time & must be thrown out of the window.
15. If you want the right relationships in your life which will help you grow & bring out the best in you, you must first pull the plug on the wrong ones. Trialsandtests.com.
Get rid of all the wrong relationships in your life if you want the right ones to come your way. If you don’t liquidate wrong relationships in your life the right ones won’t come.
As the wrong relationships will take up the space needed for the right relationships in your life to thrive. So, ditch the wrong relationships in your life for better ones.
16. Never apologize for letting go and breaking up from these three types of relationships: toxic relationships, fake relationships & abusive relationships. Trialsandtests.com.
Indeed, never be apologetic if you have to break you the relationships listed in the above quote as you deserve to be in happy and fulfilling relationships which help you grow.
As such relationships are just there to drain you and suck the life out of you. The earlier you ditch such crappy relationships, the better.
17. Being in a wrong relationship for a season is much better than being in it for a lifetime. Trialsandtests.com.
If most people understood the above quote, they wouldn’t bother trying to make wrong relationships not meant for them to work out.
The above saying is also for those who are on the fence about leaving relationships they may currently be in which deep down their hearts know aren’t right for them.
18. You must let go of relationships which were for you to be in relationships which always will be. Trialsandtests.com.
The above quote couldn’t be further from the truth especially for those relationships with love at first sight which by the way don’t last.
Most relationships start this way but fizzle out over time and such relationships must be ditched for genuine fulfilling relationships which you are meant to be with for life.
19. The relationship you desperately want to be in now or hold on to may not be the right relationship you need. Trialsandtests.com.
You should never hold on to relationships which aren’t right for you and are camouflaged with love at first sight which is usually fake.
Well, this is because the right relationships you truly need and which will fulfil you have no love at first sight as love is patient and longsuffering.
20. Sometimes, you have to let go of a relationship you wanted to have for you to be in the right relationship you truly need at the right & appointed time. Trialsandtests.com.
One of the best letting go of a relationship quotes to help you distinguish relationships which are right for you and which are not.
The relationships you so desperately want to be in now & are holding on to may not be the right relationship that you truly need in the long run. Let go and move forward.
21. If someone doesn’t value your presence, let that person value your absence by saying goodbye.Trialsandtests.com.
When a person you are in a relationship with doesn’t value your presence and finds your presence irritating, it’s time to leave such people alone in peace.
Sometimes, that’s the best lesson you can teach such ungrateful people so that they realize what they have just lost by giving them sweet goodbyes and farewells.
22. Some won’t appreciate you no matter how much you do for them. Release yourself. Go where you are appreciated and understood. Robert Tew.
Sad but true, no matter how good, caring and loving you are, you just won’t be enough for some people. Kindly release yourself from such people & go where you are valued.
The above quote is also a reminder that no matter how good and loving you are; you will never be right for an as wrong person no matter how hard you try. End of story.
23. Either they like you or they don’t. never try to convince somebody of your worth. If a person doesn’t appreciate you, they don’t deserve you. Respect yourself and be with people who truly value you. Brigitte Nicole.
You should never convince anyone on how valuable and worthy you are to them if they are the right people for you, you won’t even have to do so.
If such people don’t value you for who you are, kindly and respectfully walk away and leave such people alone and find people who will accept you fully.
24. If someone doesn’t care to accept you, respect you, believe in you, don’t hesitate to move on and let them go. Many love and appreciate you just the way you are. Amaka Imani Nkosazana.
Yep, if a person you are in a relationship meets the above criteria, don’t even hesitate to ghost and cut such people out of your life for good.
As there are way so many people out there patiently waiting to full love you wholeheartedly and with open arms with no strings attached.
25. One of the most courageous decisions you will ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul. Brigitte Nicole.
Finally, of all the letting go of a relationship quotes in this post, the above quote is the one you should even stick in your bedroom.
Indeed, letting go of relationships which have hurt you especially abusive ones is one of the most courageous decisions you will ever make in life. So, be brave to do so.
That’s all the letting go of a relationship quotes I had to share with you in this article and I hope you have learnt valuable lessons from them to apply in your life.
Let the quotes about letting go of relationships here give you the courage & strength you need to let go of current relationships you are in which you know aren’t right for you.
Remember, there are way better fulfilling relationships out there waiting for you if you let go of your current toxic & unprofitable relationships you are clinging on like super glue.
Signing out, if the letting of a relationship quotes in this post benefited you somehow, kindly share them with others who may be in toxic relationships. Sharing is caring. Cheers.
- 100 Letting Go Of People Quotes To Help You Move Forward
- 60 Exotic Quotes About Moving On And Letting Go – [Let Go Quotes]
- 52 Exotic Toxic Friends Quotes To Help You End Toxic Friendships
- 61 Toxic Relationship Quotes For Ending Toxic Relationships Gracefully