This post may contain some affiliate links. Meaning, when you purchase something using the links on this page which I will be grateful for, I get a commission at no extra cost to you which keeps my blog running. Click here for more information.
Today in this article, you will discover the top 20 quotes about trials in life which will help you overcome every trial you face in your journey joyfully.
We all go through various adversities in our lives as human beings and no one is exempted from hard times regardless of that person’s social status.
And the sayings on overcoming tribulations which you will learn in this article will give you that extra strength you need to be an overcomer every day.
The quotes about overcoming trials and tribulations mentioned in this post have also helped me be an overcomer.
With that said, let’s now look at the top 20 overcoming trials quotes which you will ever need to overcome any of your life’s challenges when they come.
20 Trials Quotes
Here are 20 trials and tribulations quotes which will strengthen you and give you that extra strength you need to be an overcomer.
1. Trials teach us what we are. They dig up the soil and let us see what we are made of. Charles Spurgeon.
Trials and tribulations indeed reveal our true character and teach us who we truly are by exposing our unique strengths and weakness we all have.
2. Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors. African Proverb.
You cannot grow and develop in every area of your life without trials to test and mould your character. With every trial, comes the opportunity to make you grow.
3. Adversity is indeed the greatest teacher and counsellor you will ever have. Trialsandtests.
Indeed, there is no greater teacher & counsellor than adversity. So, better to learn from her and grow. Sadly, most people don’t know this truth and view adversity like it’s their greatest enemy which isn’t the case. Don’t be most people, view adversity as your great advantage & teacher.
4. Nobody is exempt from trials but everyone can always find something positive in everything even in the worst of times. Roy T. Bennet.
Indeed, everyone goes through various challenges in their lives and no one is exempted regardless of social or education status one may have in society.
5. God is bigger than any of life’s fires that we face. Julie Lavender.
This is one of my favourite quote about trials which I like to remind myself when facing seemingly big trials in my life which seem too much for me to handle. Remember, God is bigger than any trials we face in life. Just trust him and all will be well.
6. When you face trials, don’t say why God is allowing this. Rather, ask God to give you the strength and courage to overcome those trials with a joyful smile. Trialsandtests.
Instead of complaining as to why God is allowing tribulations and difficult times in your life, you should instead pray for strength and grace to help you overcome adversity with a joyful smile.
7. Sometimes, God in His own infinite love and wisdom he has for us allows trials and tribulations in our lives to show us who our true friends really are. Trialsandtests.
Similar to the above quotes on trials and tribulations, sometimes God will allow storms so as to show who our true friends are. and those who are mere imposters who only show up in your life when things are smooth sailing.
8. My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its own perfect work that you may be perfect and complete lacking nothing. James 1:2-4.
When we face trials and tribulations, we should count it all joy instead of complaining because greater is our reward in heaven if we pass out tests.
9. Only through trials is your true character developed, perfected and revealed just as a gemstone cannot be polished without friction. Trialsandtests.
Indeed, tests show our true character and resolve toward something. Our character can only develop through our trying moments we go through each day.
10. Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trials. For when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life which God has promised to those who love him. James 1:2.
Similar to the quote on number 8, the above quote on overcoming trials tells us that those who overcome tribulations will indeed receive a crown of life when all is said and done. Just keep on fighting a good fight of faith till the end.
11. If we see only the problems, we will be defeated but if we see the possibilities in the problems, we can have victory. Warren Wiersbe.
We can’t be victorious if we only complain and see problems when we face trials and tribulations in our lives. For us to be victorious, we need to see opportunities in the problems and adversities we all face at some point in life.
12. Life without hardship to shape and mould our character is likened to an empty well without water. Trialsandtests.
You cannot have a rewarding and fulfilling life without trials as trials are what make the destination rewarding and fulfilling in the end.
13. It’s quite easy to start trials riding. You just need a bike and you are set. Sete Gibernau.
Trials are easier to overcome if your character is well developed. Your unbreakable character & trust in God is indeed the bike you need to overcome every challenge you go through victoriously.
14. We all face storms in life. Some are more difficult than others but we all go through trials and tribulations. That’s why we have the gift of faith. Joyce Meyer.
The above quote by Joyce Meyer is one of the best life quotes concerning trials which remind us that no one is exempted from the storms, trials, and tribulations. But through the gift of faith through Christ only, we can overcome all the major storms when they come.
15. Too often, we get frustrated by difficulties but you have to realize, you can’t have a harvest without a few weeds. Joel Osteen.
A bumper harvest cannot happen without you going through uncomfortable situations which can be hardships or tests. Just as you can’t have a clean harvest without weeds, we too can’t have the good life we want without discomfort.
16. See every adversity, every disappointment in a new light. It’s not there to defeat. It’s there to help you become better. Joel Osteen
Another amazing quote by Joel Osteen which encourages us to see our adversities and life disappointments we all go through in a positive light when they come.
17. No one likes facing trials but without them, life will be meaningless and void of the fulfilment which makes life worth living and memorable both now and in the world to come. Trialsandtests.
We all naturally want to shy away from trials and uncomfortable situation in our lives and want it the easy way. But without these uncomfortable situations and challenges we all want to shy away from, life will certainly not be rewarding and fulfilling in the end.
18. Trials and tests of life introduce us to our real selves and indicate whether what we are fighting for is worth the fight or endurance. Trialsandtests.
The life trials we all go through indeed introduces us to the real selves we even never knew before and show us whether what we are fighting for is highly valuable to us.
19. Just like Job in the bible endured the harshest trials of any man who has ever lived without breaking, we too should draw the same inspiration from Job when facing difficult situations in our lives. Trialsandtests.
Of all the 20 life quotes on trials, this is the quote I want you to meditate on daily and have it stuck in your bedroom. When it comes to overcoming trials and tribulations, Job is the most inspiring person I look up to in my own life when I face seemingly difficult trials which seem impossible to overcome at first sight.
20. Indeed, trials in life will either break you or refine you into a pristine glorious person you were meant to be similar to Gold being refined by fire in a furnace. Trialsandtests.
Last and not least, the above quote, tells us that the trials we all go through in life will either refine us or break us. Trials may be unpleasant sometimes but we need them as they make us become fully-fledged humans we were meant to be.
Well, that’s all the top 20 quotes about trials I had to share with you in this post and I hope you found some strength, courage and solace in these life quotes on trials to help you be an overcomer.
All you need are two or three sayings on overcoming trials and tribulations in your life which resonate with you to meditate and act on in your life. and don’t forget to fully trust God in the trying moments of your life.
With all said and done, if you enjoyed this post and found it beneficial, kindly share it with everyone you know as they will benefit as well. Sharing is caring. Cheers.