This post may contain some affiliate links. Meaning, when you purchase something using the links on this page which I will be grateful for, I get a commission at no extra cost to you which keeps my blog running. Click here for more information.
Hi, today you will discover 15 care quotes and quotes about not caring what others think about you which will help you live freely and authentically.
So many times, our decisions are heavily influenced by what others may think of us which could be co-workers, friend, family members and the society.
But this can present huge obstacles in our lives and prevent us from living lives were meant to live or which are true to ourselves all because of the fear of what other people may think of us.
In order to live authentically and truthfully, you need to stop caring what others think of you and live on your own terms or else you always be their prisoner.
Failure to do so, will in due course lead to missed opportunities, wasted potential and eventually regret you will never recover from both now and beyond.
With that in mind, let’s discuss 15 quotes about not caring what others think of you which will help you become free from the people pleader trap which has imprisoned so many people out there from living lives true to themselves.
15 Quotes About Not Caring What People Think
Here is a list of 15 quotes about not caring what others think to help you stop caring what others think of you and to free you from this disease.
1. People simply don’t care about you and are indifferent to your needs or problems as they are simply too busy and preoccupied with their own issues to even think of you for a split second. Trialsandtests.
Indeed, people are simply too busy & buried in their own issues and needs to be bothered or concerned about your problems.
Hence, there is no point of your worrying or caring what others think about you which is simply a waste of time on your part as no one is thinking about you anyway.
2. Care about people’s approval and you will always be their prisoner. Lao Tzu.
If you are a person who is obsessed with what others think about you, you will be their prisoner for the rest of your life until you die.
Unless you are free yourself from the chains and shackles of caring what others think of you and needing the approval of others, you will never be free or do anything to be proud of with your life.
The above quote about caring what others think of you by Lao is one of the best quotes to implement to help you stop caring what other people think about you if you struggle to do so.
3. Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. Dr Seuss.
Embrace your uniqueness at all times and don’t be afraid to say or do what you know is right deep down your heart as Dr Seuss wonderfully puts it even when one is in agreement with you.
After all, no one cares about your dreams or your goals. So, screw what others think of you and go out there and do what your convictions are telling you and stop caring about the nonsense what others may think of you if you do something.
4. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I. If by chance we find each other, it’s beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped. Fritz Perls.
This is one of my favourites thought provocation quotes about not caring about what other people think about you which encourages us not to live up to other people’s expectations of us.
Just as the author wonderfully puts it, you are not obliged to live up to anyone’s expectations and choose to live authentically even if people around you don’t agree with it.
You don’t need to explain yourself to anyone for the life choices you are making as long as what you are doing isn’t evil or sinful.
5. If you have over preoccupation with the perception and trying to please people’s expectations, then you can go mad. Benedict Cumberbatch.
Very true indeed as trying to live up to other people’s expectations of which you can’t eventually drive you crazy as everyone is telling you something different.
Trying to live up to everyone’s expectations of you is indeed a fool’s errand as you can’t please everyone, anyway.
6. Trying to live up to other people’s expectations or that of society is a surefire way to a sorrowful regretful existence later in this life and in the world to come. Trialsandtests.
Living according to the expectations of others is a one-way ticket to a regretful existence later in life and in the world to come when all is said and done.
In fact, studies have shown the top 5 biggest regrets most people have with little time left is living in accordance with other people’s expectations instead of a life which was true to themselves.
Sadly for these people, it’s too late to make amends or reverse the arms of time but this doesn’t have to be you as you are reading this right now. Don’t make that tragic mistake as well.
7. Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain.
If you find yourself on the side of the crowd, you need to stop and question yourself whether what you are doing is the right thing or just doing it for the sake of pleasing the crowd.
Please note dear reader that the crowd going right isn’t an indicator that the going in the right direction but often to stop & question as to why no one is going left.
8. When you free yourself from the chains and shackles of what other people think, you become free as an Eagle ready to soar to heights you were meant to reach. Trialsandtests.
Indeed, the moment you stop worrying about what other people think and start embracing your uniqueness, this is when you start truly living and become free to fly like an Eagle.
Releasing yourself from the shackles of other people’s perceptions of you is indeed very freeing and opens up space for wonderful things and Divine blessings to happen for you.
9. At age 20, we worry about what others think of us. At age 40, we don’t care what they think of us. At age 60, we discover they haven’t been thinking of us at all. Ann Landers.
The quote above is one of the strong reasons you should stop caring or minding what others think of you because, in reality, everyone is too busy dealing with their own issues to even think about you for a second.
As you age, you begin to realize that everyone is too busy with their own lives and issues to even think about you for a second because people simply don’t care about you at all.
10. The minute you start caring about what other people think is the minute you stop being yourself. Meryl Streep.
What an amazing quote by Meryl which tells us that the moment you start caring what other people think about you is the moment you stop being yourself.
Instead, you will now start wearing a face mask to please others or to fit into their dogmas or fictitious opinions & perceptions of you. Don’t be afraid to say what you feel or be who you want to be in life
11. Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life and don’t be trapped by dogma which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. Steve Jobs.
Of all the quotes about not caring what others think about you, this is my favourite of all times which was spoken by Steve Jobs at Stanford University in 2005 when he was diagnosed with cancer.
Indeed, very often, we try to live the life of someone else and forget to live our own lives which will live a long last impact on other people.
Steve Jobs also admonishes us in his quote that we shouldn’t allow other people’s convoluted opinions to drown out what our inner voice is trying to tell us.
12. If Jesus even though being perfect wasn’t able to please everyone in his time, you too as an imperfect human can’t please everyone in life and no matter how good & kind you are, there will always be someone out there who will not like you for no reason. Trialsandtests.
No matter how good or kind-hearted you are, there will always be someone from the bush who will not like you for no apparent reason in this fallen world we live in.
Tring to do things to impress others is simply just a waste of time which you should redirect elsewhere as you can’t please everyone even Jesus wasn’t able to despite being perfect.
So, I endeavour you to get out of the people-pleaser trap and ditch trying to impress others who don’t even care about you by the way.
13. So long as you are still worried about what others think of you, you are owned by them. Only when you require no approval from outside yourself can you own yourself. Neale Donald Walsh.
If you always worry and obsess about what others think of you or being approved by them, those people you want to please will own you even if you don’t realize it.
You will always be a slave to their dictates and subjective preferences or the things they want you to see rather than the things you truly want to see yourself.
Only if you stop depending on the approval of others will you own yourself, become free and truly start living the life you truly want to live from the depth of your heart.
14. Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Albert Einstein.
Anyone who has done something great worth of admiration in their lives faced criticisms and oppositions from hater and naysayers who have small & mediocre minds.
Therefore, when you find yourself being criticized for wanting to be great or getting outside your comfort zone, just remember that every great person who has ever lived on earth faced the same obstacles as you.
So, don’t mind the critics who want to tell you that what you are doing isn’t possible as impossible is for small minds
15. God has given you one face, and you make yourself another. William Shakespeare.
Don’t be the person you pretend to be and always be when the person you truly are without any apologies. Always aspire to be different and unique. Stop caring what others might think of you when you do something.
So many people in society nowadays wear masks to fit in with the crowd and at what cost. Very often, we try to be someone else instead of embracing our own uniqueness.
This is reflected in the way we live, our lifestyle the way we dress, political association and the jobs we take. Everyone wants to be like their neighbour these days. Don’t join the bandwagon.
Well, that’s all the top 15 quotes about not caring what others think I had to share with you in this post to help you stop caring what other people think about you.
And I know these quotes will help you start living authentically starting from today and to stop caring what other people think of you which is none of your business anyway.
With all said and done, if you enjoyed this article, kindly share it with everyone you know as they will benefit as well. Sharing is caring indeed. Cheers and be blessed all the days of your life.