This post may contain some affiliate links. Meaning, when you purchase something using the links on this page which I will be grateful for, I get a commission at no extra cost to you which keeps my blog running. Click here for more information.
Looking for a collection of marriage proverbs or proverbs about marriage to spice up and strengthen your marriage? Look no further as you have arrived at the right place.
This post contains a collection of 125 marriage proverbs and marriage sayings which will help you strengthen your marriage and remind you what unconditional love is.
Marriage is indeed a beautiful thing and blessing from the Lord meant for husband and wife to enjoy together here on earth.
Sadly, not all marriages are happy and in fact, most marriages are filled with grief and unhappiness due to selfishness of the parties involved.
Why These Marriage Proverbs?
Well, these marriage proverbs and quotes will help you rekindle your lost spark and first love you had when you first married your soulmate.
Secondly, these marriage sayings will teach you how to love your partner unconditionally as no one is perfect or an angel with the help of the grace of the Lord.
Additionally, if you are in an unhappy marriage, this will end today only if you apply the wisdom you will get after reading these marriage proverbs.
With that said, let’s look at the 125 marriage proverbs and quotes to help you be a better and loving spouse for your significant other.
Marriage Proverbs For Spicing Up Your Marriage.
Here is a list of proverbs about marriage to rekindle your marriage spark and to help you be a loving and selfless spouse to your significant other.
1. He who sacks his wife because she eats a lot will end up marrying a cannibal. African Proverb
2. When one is in love, a cliff becomes a meadow. Ethiopian Proverb.
3. The most dangerous thing a man needs is a woman. Somali Proverb.
4. A wise woman delights her husband but a foolish woman is a source of mischief to her husband. Proverb by trialsandtests.com
5. Foolish women don’t know how to talk to their husbands but wise women are wise and prudent with their mouths towards their husbands. Proverb by trialsandtests.com
6. Self has no place in marriage. Proverb by trialsandtests.com
7. A wise man is disciplined when it comes to women but foolish men carelessly spill their seed all over different women. Proverb by trialsandtests.com
8. A virtuous woman comes from the Lord and is hard to find but Jezebels are everywhere like autumn leaves scatted in summer. Proverb by trialsandtests.com
9. Wise wives never cheat on their husbands by accepting another man’s seed other than their husband’s. Proverb by trialsandtests.com
10. He that isn’t willing to deny self must not marry. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
11. A good marriage consists of three people, not two who are God, wife and husband with God being the centre of that marriage. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
12. Cheap wives have many lovers beside their husbands. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
14. One who loves you, warns you. Baganda Proverb.
15. If money where to be found up in the trees, most people would be married to monkeys. African Proverb.
16. A married couple is neither enemies nor friends. Somali Proverb.
17. One who marries for sex alone will have bad days and good nights. African Proverb.
18. All married women are not wives. Japanese Proverb.
19. Never marry a woman who has bigger feet than you. African Proverb.
20. Age and marriage tame the best. Haitian Proverb.
21. A disciplined man drinks water from his own cistern and is faithful to his wife. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
22. Marriage is only for emotionally mature people and not for immature boys and girls. trialsandtests.com.
23. Not every man is husband material and conversely, not every woman is a wife material though she may be beautiful like the rising sun. trialsandtests.com.
24. A successful marriage doesn’t happen by luck but through unconditional love commitments by two couples involved. trialsandtests.com.
25. He who marries a beautiful wife and he who plants corn by the roadside all have the same problem, insecurity. African Proverb.
26. Better the devil you know than the angel you don’t know. African Proverb.
27. Marriage is like groundnut: you have to crack it to see what’s inside. African Proverb.
28. Love has its own language but marriage falls back on the local dialect. Russian Proverb.
29. Marriage never creates problems. It merely reveals them. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
30. A real man will never lay his hand on his wife no matter how annoying and irritating she may be at times. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
31. Marriage is like a garden which when not tended to will be invaded with weeds which will choke all the tenderness & spark it once had. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
32. Like a garden, marriage needs to be constantly tended to keep it alive and free of marital weeds which choke most marriages. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
33. A person who cheats on his or her spouse is as good as a wild animal as only wild animals have more than one sexual partner. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
34. A husband with a good wife will never be on the road without supplies. African Proverb.
35. Marriage has teeth and it bites hard. Jamaican Proverb.
36. A good wife is easy to find, but suitable in-laws are rare. Madagascan Proverb.
37. No married woman will have her white hair shaved at her mother’s. Kikuyu Proverb.
38. The buttocks are like a married couple though there is constant friction between them; they will still love and live together. African Proverb.
39. In marriage, the wife and husband are simply two different faces on the same coin. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
40. A marriage without physical intimacy is like well-cooked relish without salt. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
41. A man who marries a woman only for her attractive body is like a monkey which only likes you when you have a banana in your hand. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
42. Give a woman the love she needs and she will never close her heart to you. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
43. You can’t marry a Lion and a cow. Doing so will just bring problems. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
44. A wife who sincerely loves her husband from the subterranean depth of her heart will never deny her husband access to her body, no matter what. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
45. A wise wife will never nag her husband unless something is seriously wrong. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
46. Wise wives build homes but foolish wives destroy their own homes with the careless uses of their tongue. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
47. A prudent wife never belittles his husband but a cheap & foolish wife will belittle his husband anywhere. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
48. Wives of wisdom are like Lioness which fiercely protects their families at all costs from intruders. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
49. A man who fails to care for his family isn’t a man at all. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
50. A man who loves his wife dearly will never deposit his seed into another woman except hers. Proverb by trialsandtests.com.
51. He married a Jezebel. Trialsandtests.com.
52. She married a dragon. Trialsandtests.com.
53. Marriage is as beautiful as a rose flower but with thorns. Trialsandtests.com.
54. He entered someone else’s house. Trialsandtests.com.
55. A wise woman won’t allow strangers to enter her house but a foolish woman does the opposite and leaves her doors open to all. Trialsandtests.com.
56. He planted his seeds on someone else’s garden. Trialsandtests.com.
57. She has been deflowered. Trialsandtests.com.
58. She has been discovered. Trialsandtests.com.
59. He who married for the sake of beauty and not character asks for trouble. Trialsandtests.com.
60. A man who loves and cherishes his wife with all his heart is a man indeed. Trialsandtests.com.
61. All that men need from a woman is respect and not external beauty which fadeth away like grass. Trialsandtests.com.
62. Marriage is like an ocean with calm days and turbulent days. Trialsandtests.com.
Exotic Marriage Sayings.
A list of exotic marriage sayings about virtuous women and their adorable character and how they are a blessing to their husbands.
63. A chaste woman is like a protected house surrounded by a fence. Trialsandtests.com.
64. A dove can’t marry a crow. Trialsandtests.com.
65. All girls can be women but not all women are wife materials. Trialsandtests.com.
66. He stole someone else’s waters. Trialsandtests.com.
67. Just as poop attracts flies, cheap women will attract cheap men. Trialsandtests.com.
68. A man who marries a woman for the sake of her body and external beauty is foolish indeed and has no brains. Trialsandtests.com.
69. Without love and affection, marriage is like an unfinished building without rooftops. Trialsandtests.com.
70. When it comes to marriage, not all that appears white is milk. So, beware whom you choose as your life partner. Trialsandtests.com.
71. He who is selfish let him not consider marriage. Trialsandtests.com.
72. A woman who uses sex as a weapon to manipulate his husband is worse than a serpent. Trialsandtests.com.
73. Even salt can be made to look like sugar when it comes to marriage. So, don’t marry someone just because is a churchgoer. Check the fruits first and a tree shall always be known by its fruits it bears. Trialsandtests.com.
74. To marry is one thing but to stay married till death parts you is another. Trialsandtests.com.
75. He who finds a virtuous woman is a blessed man indeed. Trialsandtests.com.
76. Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtaineth favour of the LORD. Proverbs 18:22.
77. It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house. Proverbs 21:9.
78. House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD. Proverbs 19:14.
79. Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. Proverbs 31:10.
80. A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones. Proverbs 12:4.
81. Drink waters out of thine own cistern and running waters out of thine own well. Proverbs 5:15.
82. Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1.
83. Tenderness and gentleness of the heart are what makes a woman admirable and a wife material worthy of marrying. Trialsandtests.com.
84. He who doesn’t seek the Lord’s counsel in marriage must not complain if he marries a Jezebel. Trialsandtests.com.
85. She is as tender and gentle as a dove. Trialsandtests.com.
86. He was caught drinking water on someone else’s well. Trialsandtests.com.
87. Marriage without love and intimacy is like well-cooked relish without salt. Trialsandtests.com.
88. A wedding is only for a day but marriage is for a lifetime. Trialsandtests.com.
89. A wise man won’t forsake his garden and go on someone else’s garden to plant his seed. Trialsandtests.com.
90. A man who beats his wife is no man at all but a monster. Trialsandtests.com.
91. A man married to the right woman who understands and respects his authority in the home regardless of educational status is a blessed man indeed. Trialsandtests.com.
92. When a woman loves her love for you is complete and whole but don’t abuse it by cheating on her. Or else, you will bitterly regret it. Trialsandtests.com.
93. What makes a woman beautiful and a wife material isn’t her external beauty or body curvature but her inner gentle and quiet spirit. Trialsandtests.com.
94. A man blinded by the external beauty of a woman is indeed a foolish man. Trialsandtests.com.
95. The real inner beauty of the woman is in her gentle character and not external beauty which can be forged. Trialsandtests.com.
96. You can forge and fake external beauty but you can’t forget your character. Trialsandtests.com.
97. There is a generation of stubborn and proud women unwilling to submit to their husbands, yet will respect any other men in their workplaces other than their husbands. Trialsandtests.com.
98. External beauty is vain and fades away like clouds but a virtuous woman who fears the Lord will be highly praised and valued. Trialsandtests.com.
99. Most women only have external beauty to offer to their man, period. Trialsandtests.com.
100. A deacon in the church but a dragon at home. Trialsandtests.com.
101. Virtuous in the church but a deadly virus at home. Trialsandtests.com.
102. He who has many lovers beside his spouse is just like a dog which has many partners. Trialsandtests.com.
103. He who marries a woman for that sake of beauty and not the character will soon be disappointed. Trialsandtests.com.
104. A woman of virtue is priceless and above silver and gold. Trialsandtests.com.
105. A man attracted to a woman for the sake of her external beauty is like a monkey which is only interested in your if you have a banana in your hand. Trialsandtests.com.
106. A marriage that is built on the foundation of the Lord is like a house bulk on a rock which will withstand any marital turbulences which may come. Trialsandtests.com.
107. Marry for the sake of love and not a formality. Trialsandtests.com.
108. Strong love isn’t not soon forgotten. English Proverb.
109. Kisses are the language of love. Greek Proverb.
110. Who loves, believes. Italian Proverb.
111. If a woman is not jealous, her soup cannot be tasty. Yoruba Proverb.
112. Women are caps; they never accompany the hunter into the dense forest. Yoruba Proverb.
113. No woman is available free; even if she has epilepsy, she costs money. Yoruba Proverb.
114. The husband’s death is the bane of a woman. Yoruba Proverb.
115. The soup the husband doesn’t eat; the wife doesn’t make. Yoruba Proverb.
116. Whoever marries a beautiful woman marries trouble; the whole wide world of men claims kinship with him. Yoruba Proverb.
117. A second-hand machete does not impress a woman. Yoruba Proverb.
118. A family in harmony will prosper in everything. Chinese Proverb.
119. Each family has its own difficult scripture. Chinese Proverb.
120. A good wife and health are a man’s best wealth. Chinese Proverb.
121. Children are eyesores; marriage is like an encounter on a ferry. Chinese Proverb.
122. Husband and wife are like birds in the woods when trouble comes, they flee separately. Chinese Proverb.
123. With a good wife, the husband won’t get in trouble; a bad wife is worse than a dog. Chinese Proverb.
124. Hold your hand and be together with you until we’re old. Chinese Proverb.
125. Married couples who love each other tell each other a thousand things without talking. Chinese Proverb.
These are all the 125 marriage proverbs and sayings I had to share with you in this post today and I hope you enjoyed them.
Let these marriage sayings and proverbs strengthen your marriage life and teach you how to love your significant other unconditionally.
If you are a woman, learn to love, respect and submit to your husband as unto the Lord. For husband, learn to love and cherish your wives as Christ loved the church.
With that said, if you enjoyed these marriage proverbs, kindly share them with everyone you know as they will benefit from them as well. Sharing is caring. Cheers.